Ask a Toyota flat rate technician anything

Ask a Toyota flat rate technician anything

why toyota faggot?

what is the largest object you have inserted into your anus

because they hired my crazy ass

How long ago did you decide to come out as gay to your parents?

how does flat rate pay work?

3/4 drive 2 inch socket

at birth

why not work on commercial trucks instead like a real man you fucking peasant

What do you think of Toyota?

Do you still use the old PDL3000?

Certified?

recommend me a torque wrench under $250.

Why aren't you a real mechanic?

most everything is calculated based on book time. whatever the book time says....thats what the job pays. brake job is 2 hours. tune up is 3.5 hr ect. regardless of how long it takes....it pays what the labor guide says.

Electrical work falls into a grey area. you make your own time up.

no hourly pay.....no over time. you could possibly be there 50 hours and only turn in 30. most weeks i average 80 and im there 50.

I have an 01 tundra that has a bad vibration coming from the front tires when braking. All brakes and tires are new. What is it?

you either warped the rotors, or they were installed improperly.

I thought that too but I have warped rotors before and it's a constant thing. This comes and goes and is mostly gone buy when it hits it shakes the whole truck badly.

Could it be the guide pins? And if so is there any way to keep them from binding?

How do you feel about Gran Spider Wizard

Dicks

bent rim, mud caked in tired...if its 4wd could be a bent CV but your vibration would only be on acceleration. tires possibly out of balance. depends on the starting point of the vibration. what speed does it start....stop....only during braking or cruising speed...

depends on what torque range youre working with honestly. up to 100? ft lbs? up to 250 ft lbs? will you be using torque to angle/yield?

yes certified.

sometimes i love it...other times its a pain in the ass.

because i make more money with cars and will be able to work longer without destroying my back

No, dicked

how can you justify working for the filthy japs?

Why can't you fuckers seem to reattach an air filter box correctly when you check the element during a service inspection.

Why is my 1986 Toyota MR2 overheating on longer trips? I've done a coolant flush and bled the lines properly my radiator fan is kicking on and working properly but still overheating.

what is a toyota? some weird food?

Approx how much should it cost to replace a downstream O2 sensor on a 1997 2.2L Camry?

Nissan tech, it's your rotors; did you just pad slap, or resurface your old rotors?
if so you're best off replacing them

Tires are new, 2wd. I don't off road it so no mud. It can happen at any speed but only when breaking. Once the brake is applied and then released if it was vibrating it continues like it is stuck but I can't find any uneven wear or sign of the caliper sticking.

no more than an hour.

Benz tech checking in. Fuck this business.

its mostly american built now. thus the reason the newer ones break more than the older imported ones. either way.....because the labor times pay more

they will most likely charge you 1 hour labor rate but should only charge .5 hr.

it's not a tire balance issue, that would be constant vibration at speed, it's this

Is the 2016 rav 4 the best car on the road
I'd say defs

New rotors, pads and calipers last october, rear breaks were done last month complete with wheel cylinders

only braking then its your rotors. if you can afford to its best to stick with factory. resurface if possible or replace if needed. aftermarket rotors tend to warp much easier than factory due to inconsistent metallurgy

>mostly american built now. thus the reason the newer ones break more than the older imported ones.

so THAT'S what it is.

It might be my brakes, but I'm hearing some squealing sounds when I turn. It's a 2013 corolla. Also, at what mileage should I change my transmission fluid? I find it starting to get a little slower at getting up to speed..

I still think warped rotors would be constant when breaking but this isnt

check your thermostat? is it doing it with the a/c on or all of the time? is it losing coolant? are you missing any part of the fan shroud or air damn ?

I rarely see guys use a torque wrench. Clean your hubs. Torque the wheels. Adjust the rear drums properly with a gauge. Nothing but hacks and wanna be techs

Air flow to the rear engine?

change out the blinker fluid

Bamp

have someone check your wheel bearings in the front. do you feel it more in the brake pedal or steering wheel?

around 60k and every 60k thereafter. most places say 100k but i dont buy into that.

radiator still in the front....

In the wheel more than the pedal, I do everything myself. What am I looking for in abnormal wear?

Bumpity

overly worn ball joints can cause that as well....but youd most likely hear the bearing going bad before it got to the point where it was physically loose. just make sure there isnt much movement when you push at the top and bottom of the tire (with the front end off the ground) is the rack and pinion in decent shape? not pouring fluid?

No A/C, no signs of coolant loss and the fan is intact. On my longer trips I'm driving on the freeway so the forced air should alleviate some of the heat but still having issues. I'll check the thermostat any other advise?

I had a power steering leak awhile back, fixed it and hasn't been an issue. I'll check the ball joints and tie rods thanks for the help

just throwing this out there....if you feel it more when youve been doing heavy braking,,,,and not so much when the car has been sitting and everything has cooled off.....it could still likely be warped rotors. heat tends to exaggerate the warped areas.

could be a partially clogged radiator as well. i know that air damn under the front will cause over heating at highway speeds in a lot of cars whenever it goes missing.

Do you think Snap-On brand tools are worth the incredible cost, versus other, much less expensive brands?

Not op, mostly no. Except specialty tools like ratchet wrenches. They are worth every penny. But what you're really paying for is the warranty

Follow up question:
Are Snap-On tools even made in America?
I was surprised to find that Craftsman tools are not.
Also, are Toyota techs a Union shop?

Regular wrenches and shit like that just get whatever has a warranty for when it breaks. Used to be you could trust craftsman but I don't think sears will be around much longer

1. Do y'all actually use Mobil 1 for synthetic oil changes? And 0-20 at that?
2. How the fuck do I disable the headlights from turning on when I unlock or lock a 2014 Toyota with the fob? Asking because I have hid's and I know the short on and off isn't good for them.

I think some are but they have been moving production over seas and looks like it is pissing off some faithfull