ITT: God-tier guitar finishes

ITT: God-tier guitar finishes

Jazz or die

Sunburst gets boring after a while tho

My latest one.

Is that special made, or does PRS do those finishes to?

Think it's a one off custom, probably made for Al Di Miola

PRS has been doing the Prism finish for a few years now.

Palm Bay (custom luthier in UK) was doing them a few decades ago, I have one, it's gorgeous.

Hey that's pretty good

My level; get on it.

How much was it? I always wan't a PRS, but 2000 is my level.

An ugly, cheap guitar with beautiful 80's style humbuckers.
It's tough to explain why you'd play a guitar like this.
Peavey Razer- 1983.

My new guitar. Not a good finish, but damn it's still a sexy machine

>mein neger

Here's a better picture

It was about that much, but that was sort of a personal deal Andrew gave me - it was one of the show guitars he'd made for his booth at NAMM that year. After seeing it at the show one day but having to fly out of Anaheim that night I flew back tp Anaheim the next day to buy it from him at the end of the show. Very good guy, and his workmanship on the guitar is beautiful.

Looks good to me, fam. How does she sound?

Pictures don't do it justice. It looks like it was cut from a goddamn gemstone. PRS is a bunch of black magic wizards put on Earth to make guitars.

Good question. Still have to do a lot of work to it before it's playable. From what I understand, the Pickups are shitty soviet pieces of shit so probably not that good. Also has built in distortion but it somehow draws power not from a battery, but from the 5pin jack.

Pic related

Beautiful; and double switches to boot.

Found a photo online with a finish that's similar, though mine's a burl and the fade is nicer (since it was done by Andrew in his garage).

Make/Model? I love oddballs.

Jol Dantzig (founder of Hamer) knows how to do some pretty things with wood, too.

Battery pickups are OK, they're just a pain. I have an ESP from '89 that takes a 9 Volt but sounds as rich as dark chocolate.

Its not the pickups that use the battery, it the onboard distortion (I think)

Interesting. Never had an axe like that.
Beautiful, all the same.

David Thomas McNaught also make gorgeous guitars.

those 80's ibanez gems are so satisfying.

Can't go wrong with...

Yes please

In-Body pickups? Also, holy unchecked dubs in this thread...

Dont like the acctual guitar but that finish is mad rad

Where's the pickups? Or piezo bridge?

Hi

Love this trashed look. Long live Iommi

Just bought her last week the guy Said it's vintage 1950's it's got a way better sound then new guitars and looks a lot better then most of the train wrecks in this thread

Paul's inlay work was always so astounding - even from the very first Dragon.

Matte black with no inlays or gtfo

g8 b8 m8

Nice stock image there, friend.

The very first sunburst Les Paul ever made.

If you need electricity to play guitar then you're probably shit at it

Acoustic master race, we don't need pedals and effects to sound good

Close; but they did make an Acoustic with the Sunburst finish in '56 and have been ever since.

Gary Holt's Signature series in Liquid Metal Lava.
Or as Gary calls it, "Coagulated Blood".

i think its a kiesal of some sort

You know quite well that anyone who plays guitar and posts in a thread like this has an acoustic as well, yes?

It hurts to look at

Custom

I have a 517 from the 80's but I had to paint it myself =/. My finish is shit but the one before was unacceptable. Original finish was miles better but not really in fashion.

My favorite has been either Guthrie's Charvel or Vai's BFP

You dumbass most people that play electric also play acoustic. Are you gonna post your uncles banjo next or maybe your the type of douche with a ukulele, do you walk around high school playing over the Rainbow or something by Jason mraz

No, that particular guitar really is the very first sunburst LP. 1958, done as sort of a one-off, top is a three-piece because it was likely going to end up as a Gold Top but they decided to try sunburst on it.

Worked out pretty well for them, I'd say.

(I also like the 5858 for that particular post.)

bump

bumperino

Another one from Gary Holt.
This one is painted with Gary's own blood.

here my latest

see

I love those pearlescent touches, really looks great

Goddamn that is sharp

Looks to me to be a painted pickup and ring.

I like that starry look in there, has an elegance to it

thanks

Wow, some of the ugliest fucking guitars I've literally ever seen in here.

I also like the rounded look on the body, those smooth contours fit with the sleekness of it, very classy

fuck yes

Wow, all these metal guitars. Why do all social rejects and children love 'metal' and EDM?

There's definitely something to be said for a polished wood finish, it looks so crisp

its a very sleek guitar,like a contoured schecter with an ibanez wizard style neck,its a DBZ Barchetta 7 in Galaxy purple

More your style.

That looks amazing.

Dis

Awesome stuff, I've become an Ibanez guy and I do like the wizard necks

Here, hush up and look at this one

The abortion of guitars

Ormsby Australia. Aged Copper top

They look amazing, sadly don't sound that great.

One-piece top.

Depends on what is being played and who's playing it

2muchmehtul4u

Never got that close a look at Iommi's guitar like that, and I didn't realize I liked that worn and distressed look. The last two are like some shit you'd find outside a Vault, in a cool way.