Is there a less funny comedian being given the spotlight today?

Is there a less funny comedian being given the spotlight today?

His delivery is absolutely terrible, he can't even tell a great joke right. His terrible show is bombing and it still got renewed. Then he had a chance to prove himself to the entire nation during the correspondents' dinner and bombed so hard the secret service had to frisk him. He tried to pull a Colbert but it was fucking painful.

What idiot thought he could carry shows and be the main host of events?

Please return to reddit.

My nigga

Think you've got that backwards, champ.

That's a good one.

He's a great producer, and knows how to run a show, but the president has better timing than he does

He LITERALLY only made me laugh once

>show is just comiing out
>commercial for it
>he walks up to a big fat black dude and says "hey brotha, I finally got a show for our people!"
>fat black dude says "FINALLY! a show for fat people!"

That's bretty good.

.reddit to return Please

Him and Trevor are doing horribly.

And it's not because they're black. It's because their shows are 100% about complaining about being black.

Even Jon Stewart would keep his shit in check at even his most preachiest. Trevor is legit being a dick to republicans just for being republicans. Stewart actually had relevant jokes that applied to the situation.

he's a comedian?

Kek.

Even Al sharpton got on him about that. Talk about JUST

I don't get why intelligent black peoples call each other that. Constantly calling each other a hateful slur hasn't lessened the sting of the insult by another group one micron.

They are both doing that because going after fox and republicans constantly as Stewart and Colbert had quickly became redundant and blatantly biased once the Republicans no longer were the incumbent face of leadership of the countrys failings. Several years into a democrat presidency with a reluctance to lampoon it really made the daily show, and to a lesser degree, the Colbert report, lose their biting rebellious counter-culture comedy credentials and become more obvious as defenders of the "Man" and seated government especially as the obama administration continued to do shit like unconstitutionally execute an American citizen and his teenage son soon after with drone strikes. Reluctant to do unto Obama as they had done to bush and risk exposing how equally shitty liberals are in america to their democrat viewership, they instead leapt at the opportunity to represent the last true contemporary bastion of leftist underdog perspective corporate media could take, being that of racial relations post-BLM.

So that's why they are both fixated on that topic.

Im blak yall

He created the bernie Mac show which is makes up for the shit he does now, but is starting to wear thin. He's gone from being humorous to just talking about race in a sarcastic way.

In Colbert's defense his whole character is a mockery of the ridiculous right wing. He couldn't change his show to target the left on a regular basis without fundamentally changing the basis of the character and show.

I don't get why intelligent black people, people is already plural you idiot, would get upset about being called a name.

Why are we talking about grown adults getting offended by name calling?

>kinda black
Here
Comes
The
Monmeyyy

Yeah, so with that you'd think that the daily show could themselves try to present a little more middle of the road, but nah.

Now you have daily show south Africa edition and daily show dry jokes edition

Because words and insults are the primary cause of offense in this world and have been for ages.

>And it's not because they're black. It's because their shows are 100% about complaining about being black.

This. Their problem isn't race, it's being terminally unfunny. Whoever writes this shit need to be fired.

Even current year man can get a laugh out of me sometimes. Larry Wilmore is fucking awful.

I've never seen the other guys show though, can't comment

bitch he was hilarious at the dinner. fucking slayed that entire audience.

I'm blackety black and I'm black y'all!

>bombed so hard the secret service had to frisk him
This joke made me laugh harder than anything he's said.

I kinda agree, but something has always seemed off about him. I've been thinking about it, and it seems like he isn't really even doing comedy. It's more like a political talk show/late night thing than a show that's actually trying to be funny. I don't know, just something to think about.

Worst thing about both this show and the daily show is they're trying to be more "OMG can you believe this shit???" than "lol can you believe this shit?" (that's the best way i can put it) and are basically turning into what they're meant to lampoon. Their only excuse is that they're not actual journalists

I've literally never heard of this guy, but I heard he called Obama a nigger so I like him for the time being.

Wilmore and Noah are both struggling to get out of Stewart/Colbert's shadow. But I think they've got potential. Wilmore honestly wasn't bad at the dinner. Sure, he didn't get many laughs from the crowd--but that crowd was full of humorless media idiots who he was actively shitting on.

But he was hysterical at the WHCD. Drumpf or $hillary ones will suck so bad.

>""Intelligent""" black people

Fat black dude is a stand-up comedian.

He's also anti-Hillary. "I don't vote for crazy".

I really fucking hate that slow baby voice he does.

I'm blacker than black and I'm back