That episode where Sheldon loses his shit over Stan Lee even though most comic book nerds see Lee as a hack and a thief

>that episode where Sheldon loses his shit over Stan Lee even though most comic book nerds see Lee as a hack and a thief

Le I'm Such A NURD XD

You just didn't get the reference.

All of them hold so many shit tier opinions it's ridiculous. At one point at least they used an advisor from Caltech to keep that side of the program some what accurate. Yet the complete shit they spout about SciFi/comics/vidya etc break my immersion far more than if some background equation doesn't make perfect sense.

>Implying most nerds wouldn't lost their shit in front of Stan Lee even if they made rants accusing him of being a hack before and after meeting him

>sheldon
>meant to be autistic
>favorite linux is ubuntu

They cant even make his autism believable

>>meant to be autistic
Source?

the show depicts the same kinds of """""""nerds"""""""" it targets as a viewer demo: fake ones

This.

The men is a living God, it's fun to talk shit about him, but he is on another level, but you wouldn't understand it, cause you only know him as the men who destroyed the movie industry.

ZABOINGLES

Nice to know you're ill informed. most of us hate him for running Jack Kirby from marvel and being an overall shit to Jon Romita, thanks for playing though

>Has a girlfriend
>autistic
pham...

That episode where the chicks want into comics and stewart first tells them to read Fables. Or when he is first introduced to penny and talks about Hellblazer

reminder you belong on reddit if you've watched this show for more than 5 minutes

when i was depressed and actually watched tv i saw it a few times. mostly out of curiosity

then some supposedly geeky physicist began talking about string theory as if it was factual scientific knowledge and i dropped it

I can guarantee there have been BBT theory threads on Sup Forums longer than you've been here and before you were even aware of Reddit.

Stan Lee is respected by most comic book nerds as far as I know. It's Bob Kane everyone considers a hack thief, for stealing batman from Bill Finger.

most don't hold that opinion any more

it's true that he's a fucking camera whore, but him and Kirby settled their beef way back in the 90's and generally accept that he was just the big idea guy and Kirby fleshed out the details.

plus if he never pissed off Kirby with his constant fame whoring we would have never got so many iconic DC characters like The New Gods and Darkseid, so in a way Stan Lee is responsible for that too

It's actually a funny show (or at least the first few seasons were). But we're not allowed to like it because Reddit likes it, or some dumb shit.

I've met comic books fans in real life @ comic con. They all have twitter/tumblr accounts and they are the most obsessed, arrogant, cringeist people i ever had the misfortune of conversing with. When you turn a hobby into a lifestyle, you don't live for anything else, and you are pathetic and sad

JR kind of deserved it, and his son is the cancer that is ruining comics

Reddit actually hates it 10x more than Sup Forums. But Silicon Valley is literally comedy gold with its dick jokes.

Be honest, even if he is a shitty boss, he has to be the most popular comic book writer of all times, bigger than Moore or Gaiman, or even kane.

He did at all, and did it in front of the cameras, he was the voice in the saturday morning cartoons, and perfected the 4th wall breaking.

If you are face to face to him and, you have the minimal care for comics as an art form, you will have to respect the man.

This. Stealing of the Kirby credit and being a wired shit.

>People unironically defending BBT
This board is full of so many spergs.

>running jack
How? He barely had power when Jack got canned. Not to mention exploitative contracts were an industry standard at the time.

>watch a Marvel Flick
>Stan Lee Cameo

>never even name drops Jack Kirby
>no character named Kirby
>no photo of jack Kirby in the background
>No photo shop of Jack Kirby and WW2 Captain America
>Iron Man's pet dog isn't name kirby

FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS. AT LEAST DITKO GOT DITKOVITCH THE LANDLORD
DIE IN A FUCKING FIRE YOU ASSHOLES

>i go to comic con

literally die

BREAKING NEWS: Stan Lee is now a confirmed senile. Caught on camera acting like a 2-year-old.

>or even kane.

Another fucking crook.

You have to understand that "nerd" today is a corporate shill, an indiscriminate consumer of pop culture who swallows everything shat out from above. That is "nerd culture" now.

Forums, websites, people, who were focused mostly on critiquing stuff in great detail, now gush over it in great detail instead.

Isn't capitalism nice? Also, Hillary 2016.

The normie bang theory

>characters are supposed to gigantic nerds
>they only read comics by DC or Marvel
>the only anime they've ever watched was Sailor Moon
>Never reference any weird sci-fi movies
They're just boring science autismos with girlfriends

Is that carameldansen?

huh-ho! good one mate =^)

I laugh at the "nerds" who get mad at this show. They're just a bunch of insecure people who want to make sure to everyone that they are not like the guys in the show.
"It's an inaccurate representation of our culture" LMAO!

That's because it's a normie show and that's what normies know

I'm Robert Kardashian
Why the FUCK would i wanna namedrop OJ Simpson

>say something above retard level
>lol u so smart, ur just like Sheldon XD
>u must love big bnag teory

don't put that on Bob Kane, he wanted Finger to get credit, but DC wouldn't allow it, it was their MO back then and that's why it took the Shuster (sp?) family so long for Joe to get credit for Superman

Exhibit one

Anything remotely popular is automatically Reddit.

>the only anime they've ever watched was Sailor Moon

In practice, I hate this, but in principal I'd be totally OK with that given Sailor Moon is the only genuinely great anime series to exist. There are just way more people who know OF it who've never actually sat down and watched it for what it is.

>defending exploitative contracts

American Kirby is always angry.

The main reason I hate is is because it's basically 2 and a half men, but with science guys. It's just boring.

>Sailor Moon is the only genuinely great anime series to exist

okay

Because the people who made it don't actually like or know shit about comics?

The IT crowd on the other hand

Graham Linehan is a raving sjw loony who has clearly lost the plot, but dang was The IT Crowd good

He also has good taste in comics tbqh