Blink-182

blink-182's self-titled album turned 13 years old yesterday.

Say something nice about it.

Also:

What's your favorite track?
What's your least favorite track?
What's the most underrated track?
Which track do you identify with the most?
Is it their best album? If not, what is in your opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Y8SrC-PeW4E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I never listened to anything past take off your pants and jacket

you really missed out.

They peaked right after Take Off with self-titled.

yay this album was my first love back when all star was on the radio and i had no music taste i remember i was in like 1-2 grade and my older sister drove me to school and played I Miss You and I really liked it. Ended up stealing the CD from her car and holing myself in my room to read the booklet and listen to it over and over (great booklet on this record w cool little commentary from each member). then i got into the internet and watched their hilarious interviews all the time they made me laugh so much.

fave track: iunno Asthenia or Stockholm Syndrome. Violence and Obvious are up there

least fave: probably Always or All of This

most underrated: Easy Target or Obvious

identify most with: I always felt akin with Tom in general but probably Asthenia

probably their best but I can see an argument like if someone prefers Enema or Cheshire Cat

This album was the peak of their songwriting abilities.

The drumming is also elder-God tier. Barker is a legend.

The complaint I have is that there's some minor filler but overall it's barely noticeable.

Even though everything else about it is complete dog shit, the drumming's great.

yeah i agree, Tom and Mark road out the peak too I think the first AVA record and the +44 album are some of their best work. Also hell yea people love to shit on Barker but I love him. Also yeah I would agree it might benefit as a whole if they cut a couple songs. What would you cut out?

>disliking blink 182
>hot opinion

choose one

nah bro they peaked at dude ranch. take off your pants and jacket was hot garbage.

Enema is okay, and there are some good songs on Dude Ranch, but pretty much everything after that is dumpster music even by pop punk standards. I don't understand how you nostalgia nerds put up with Tom's voice, it makes me want to rub a cheese grater on my ears

just the Stockholm Syndrome interlude (the actual song flows really well coming right after Violence)

I like The Fallen Interlude so that can stay. Helps the pacing, I never feel the urge to skip it unlike SS.

Maybe make I'm Lost Without You just 1/3rd shorter. It's nice somber and dreamy note to end on but 6 minutes is a bit much.

other then that, every song has a purpose and feels like it belongs.

ah yes, the typical Dude Rance Hipsters.

I'm sure you think Bleach is better than Nevermind as well.

Lemmie guess... you think Kurplunk is better than Dookie.

Lmao.

Dookie's way better than Kerplunk but both are good, and ya Bleach is slightly better than Nevermind. I've held that opinion since middle school before I even thought about shit like how others perceive my taste and stuff. I don't even like DR as a whole, it just had a couple good tracks

DON'T WASTE

YOUR TIME

ON ME

YOU'RE ALREADY

THE VOICE INSIDE MY HEAD

lol bro I'm 30 I grew up with these guys. I like dude ranch because it was peak skate punk time for me.

Feeling This is probably the best song they've ever made desu.

That's one of my favorites along with Not Now and Mh 4.18.2011.

>Locked outside the door back in '83
>I heard the angry voice of the man inside
>And saw the look of fear in my mother's eyes

>Mom, get in the car and let's drive away
>She said, "I'm sorry, Mark, but there's nowhere to stay"
>Gave up all her hope and went back inside
>Hid her broken heart and let the engine die

Damn it, Mark.

I still listen to this album every once in awhile. Its really good.

what song is that

Not Now is good but that Mh one is not gr8 imo i dont like anything of neighborhoods

They peaked at Flyswatter t b h

youtu.be/Y8SrC-PeW4E

I know a lot of people didn't like Neighborhoods but it seemed pretty decent imo. I think part of it is that album and that song in particular I was listening to on a long drive when it first came out. It was soothing driving music.

yeah i didnt hate it or anything i mean i bought it but i maintain the band would have been better if they stayed broken up. i agree its good for driving i had it in my car when it came out and it was the time of my life where i first started smoking pot all the time so i would get high and listen to that cd while i drove

not him but I actually adore Neighborhoods.

I don't why I love it so much but it's one of those album that you don't like at first but after 3 or 4 listens it clicks and becomes amazing.

The only subpar songs on it I find are Love Is Dangerous and Fighting The Gravity.

Kaleidoscope and Wishing Well are real gems. MH 4.18.2011 is really good too.

I can understand that, I kind of feel the same way about rhcp despite liking some songs post-frusciante the second time.

yeah i mean its more justified w RHCP cause theyve had so many guitarists/eras but w blink i mean it was that magic chemistry w/ tom + mark being best friends at the core of it

yeah i guess there were some good vibes on the getaway but im generally not into it josh is a little too wishy washy for me like he's not saying anything either way a lot of the time but i guess people say he's real subtle or whatver i mean no hate on josh i love some Dot Hacker bootlegs I have and i love his work on the JF solo records and Sphere in the Heart of Silence

Yeah I agree. And the Heart's All Gone interlude wasn't really necessary either.
>it was that magic chemistry with Tom and Mark being best friends
I totally forgot about that aspect. They never really fully got over their disputes after the hiatus did they? That makes sense now.
I think Josh did a lot better on The Getaway but his style is rather ill fitting for rhcp. His stuff with John is nice, he also worked on SCWP and did drums for The Empyrean I'm pretty sure.

wasn't the stockholm syndrome interlude a hidden track though?

;_;