Can Sup Forums explain this. I kept a diary over 3 months of eating 2 different diets

Can Sup Forums explain this. I kept a diary over 3 months of eating 2 different diets.

>>Eat pizza, roast beefs / steaks, drink diet coke (No candy, chips or sugary junk)
>>Feel like a god
>>Sleep well
>>Lose weight, gain muscle without trying
>>Sudden boosts of happiness, productivity after eating
>>Get new job, promoted in weeks
>>People criticise me "stop eating so much junk food, it's not good for you."

>>Eat Vegetables, roast chicken w/ no skin, salad, fish
>>Feel weak/depressed/lethargic
>>Constant angry mood swings
>>Painful cramping and stomach gurgles almost 24/7
>>Foul fucked up flatulence
>>Shitting burns like acid or is diarrhea almost every night.
>>Gain weight
>>Develop severe acid reflux disorder
>>Witness a previously undiscovered shade of shit-green
>>People say "That's much better, your body will thank you when you're 50."

And yet, older people keep saying to me "Eat more vegetables / salad / "healthy" food. How the fuck is eating green food and shitting acid enough to develop anal cancer considered healthy? I'm genuinely curious to hear from people in their 30s and 40s who've eaten both types of diets and how it's affected you.

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/pizza-hut-original-pan-pizza-91827
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends, how long have you been eating pizza/beef/steak/diet coke, before switching to veggies etc? It may be a shock to your body's system changing diet so radically and perhaps you are not letting your body adjust before going back to what it's used to - i.e. junk.

Eat more foods high in fiber you dumwit.

I do, I'm big on breads, cereals and such, I have a salad sandwich on multigrain bread for lunch almost every day and Weet Bix for breakfast. Still on the secondary puke-acid diet atm.

Maybe, although the problem has been like this for as long as I can remember, which is why I wanted to test it. A few years ago, I was on a diet very high in vegetables, salad, chicken and almost nothing else for at least a year and I started getting such bad acid reflux that I was vomiting bile most nights. The doctors wanted to put me on proton pump inhibitors for it but they said the maximum treatment course is 2 weeks so as soon as I stopped, the acid came back.

This is the dumbest god damn thread I've ever seen in my life. Kids, this shit DID NOT HAPPEN. Do not be fooled by bullshit you read online. If you are interesting in being healthy and changing your lifestyle, especially if you are overweight, then go to Sup Forums's fit board and read what is linked in the stickied post before posting

I'm not a doctor, but if what you say is true why don't you just keep eating junk? Sure your heart may be fucked in x number of years but sounds like you'd probably die of fucking disentary anyway before that if you eat veggies etc lol.

I actually can explain this, but I don't know if you are smart enough to keep up with me. The gist of the situation is that most people have no idea what healthy food actually is - food that our bodies are designed to run on. They have been misled by the low fat, high fiber, low carb, or whatever else fad diets have become trendy.

OP, without going to deep into things, you should follow the diet that helps you feel the best. At the same time there is still room for improvement.

When in doubt, follow your instincts.

As long as you work out or are active you can eat whatever the fuck you want as long as you don't go overboard. You probably felt like shit because you didn't get enough carbs and or calories. There's a misconception that carbs are the worst thing you can put in your body. People skip carbs and wonder why they feel like shit all the time and have no energy. Unless you're trying to be a body builder and you can eat 8 of those healthy meals a day you're better off eating what ever you want.

Replying to myself,

i'll be in this thread for a few more minutes if you have questions but then I have to go. Btw, everyone else that has replied so far in this thread has been wrong.

I did eat pizza and beef for about 2 years (2012-2013) and it was the best two years of my life. My shits took 8 seconds flat and I was doing better in every aspect of my life. I just worried about people who kept saying "If you keep doing this, it will catch up with you when you're 50".

This sounds correct. The way I see it, everyone is different. Some people will thrive on diets rich in certain X's whilst others do better on Y's.

When I was at my prime, it was on dominos pizza, thin crust, super basic toppings like simple beef and cheese. Diet coke, beef / steak in any capacity from jerky to steak. I still ate salads frequently as lunches etc on the odd day because it's a nice change.

But yeah, the main thing I've been worried about is how people (primarily my dad) keep reminding me that I'm getting older and that "eat more vegetables or you'll regret it!", but I can't help but also feel that some people just get weaker and tireder regardless as they get older and immediately attribute it to "it was because of the fact I ate junk for a few years in the 1970s when I was 20".

I don't drink/smoke, not obese, no drugs etc, and I feel great in general since switching back to beef. Reflux has disappeared completely and I sleep way better again. It mainly seemed that when salad/ vegetables were the primary focus of almost every meal, then shit went downhill.

I just eat whatever I want. Pizza, fast food, candy, etc.. with the exception of eating oatmeal in the morning, and every now and again have a frozen meal with veggies and some kind of meat. I have a very fit build (have to because military) and I have never struggled with weight, health, or energy levels.

Salads and vegetables are not the foundation of a healthy diet. They have their place but should not make up the bulk of a diet.

The real bulk of a healthy, metabolically and hormonally optimal diet should be starches, meats, fruits, and dairy.

When I said that there was room for improvement, I mean that you should look to optimize the quality of your food in this way: reduce the amount of vegetable oils and processed foods that you eat, and try to eat less bread and instead more rice and potatoes.

Instead of vegetables oils eat things like butter, ghee, tallow, olive oil. Saturated fats are healthier for you.

Real health comes from eating lots of carbs, lots of meats (zinc, b vitamins, etc), lots of fruits, and good amounts of dairy with the caveat being that you should follow your instincts to know what to eat when. It should never be forced it should always feel good and leave you feeling better. Your body will tell you what is right and wrong.

Now as far as avoiding being sick when you are older, just avoid vegetable oils/polyunsaturated fats like I said, avoid table sugar and drinks with it, and don't eat too much bread and you will be fine.

Most people will say that I am wrong or that this is 'pseudoscience' but all you have to do is look at how the average person looks nowadays to understand that there is something wrong with what is currently accepted as being correct.

If you want to know how I know what I do I will tell you that I have been researching nutrition independently for almost a decade and that I have some education relevant to this area, but not too much - I found academia to be a joke.

"...eat your own shit ! "

Thanks for the advice. It makes a heck of a lot more sense.

How does one know what has polyunsaturated vs saturated fats in it? Any good examples, and any good examples of high-carb stuff I can eat more of so I can avoid the whole bread thing? Breads kind of been a staple for me because it's the most affordable where I live.

simple, you cut to much fat, your body needs fat to process the other nutrients, it also aids your metabolism. balance is necessary.

You r correct sir

Most food made in restaurants or by any shop/store will use vegetable oil since it is the cheapest and since people still believe that it is the healthy choice. For example, if you order a pizza and it is oily/greasy it is most likely from vegetable oil because that is the cheapest for them to use. Some people still make pizza with olive oil like they are supposed to but I guess you would have to pay more for that.

As far as knowing what has polyunsaturated vs saturated from real foods you can tell mainly by where it comes from. If it comes from an animal source it is usually saturated. If it comes from a plant source it is usually not. Saturated fats are solid at room temperature as well. This also isn't something you have to get right instantly but you can figure it out over time. Polyunsaturated fats, aka PUFA's have been linked to things like diabetes, heart disease, cancers, etc. Just read up on it and you will start to understand better where exactly they are and how to avoid them. Some restaurants near me are actually switching to frying their french fries in cow fat, so changes are coming.

As far as bread, this is one area that is touchy. I think bread is amazing, it tastes great is very useful and cheap and is filling, but for some reason sometime in the past 30-40 years it has started making people fat and sick. There are theories it is because of hybridization of the actual wheat crop, and other theories it is because of the added vitamins that some countries put into the wheat that makes it harder on our bodies to digest it. I don't know the answer to this. What I do instead is to eat lots of rice and potatoes because they are cheap where I live if I buy them in bulk. If bread doesn't give you a problem you can probably continue with it without worry, especially if you live in europe or any area that isn't the USA, as the wheat in the USA is very low quality. Whenever I start eating bread again I gain a stomach very fast.

1/2

2/2

Nvm, last post was comprehensive enough.

careful
this guy has some problems
>oily pizza
>oily cuz vegetable oil
OILY CUZ CHEESE FAGGOT

anyway, dominos is shit, learn to make from scratch at home with nice ingredients

Awesome, going to try this and see how I go, thanks!

I'm not sure what Dominos Australia uses, but I quite find it nice. I have no idea what USA Dominos is like.

I might see if I can get my local store to tell me what oil they use.

Not all of the grease you find in a typical chain pizza comes from the cheese. I wish it were so user.

food.com/recipe/pizza-hut-original-pan-pizza-91827

You can see here in the ingredients there is tons of vegetable oil used, it is not the official pizza hut recipe but I am sure it is close enough.

Besides, my main point wasn't about pizza, it was about food in general and the quality of ingredients that is used. Things like french fries and potato chips could actually be considered health foods, not healthy foods, but HEALTH foods, if they were fried in something like tallow.

No problem. If it works well for you, spread the word.

>has example
>example is fried in a pan
YOU sire have some issues

the grease on a pizza come from cheese
are you so fucking dumb?

source: i bake from scratch: no oils at all
none in the dough, none in the sauce
and only season occasionally with olive oil
unless i am using super great mozz, there is grease from the cheese.

I'm not sure how you ended up taking my words against restaurants and chain operations to have anything to do with your at home cooking?

It sounds like you make some great and tasty food, keep on doing that.

But I don't think a pizza place makes pizzas in the way that you do user.

Whenever I order from pizza hut, the dough is always saturated with oil. It tastes absolutely fantastic, but I know that there is no way that all of it comes from the cheese, because like you I make stuff from scratch at home and I know how it is supposed to come out when you let the cheese oils dominate.

Also I just have to say that you seem very irritated right now, is everything ok?

Replying to myself again,

housemate just woke up, have to go. Later

a-actaully i could really use a friend

a friend who doesnt think a pizza hut pizza is actually pizza . . .

are you there user?

a-user?

anybody?

Small family pizza joints are THE BEST!