Worth taking a moment to think about

Worth taking a moment to think about.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2015/06/nj_gun_association_calls_berlin_womans_death_an_ab.html
chatstep.com/#Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's obvious obvious bait, but I'll bite. The second amendment was written so that citizens could fight the evils of man and tyranical government. Which is now armed with modern weaponry. We can't be expected to defend ourselves from that with ancient shit.

>what is OP's point?
should we allow an overreaching government to revoke some of our rights due to techonology? and if so, how for are you willing to take this?

2nd amendment idea
>Use same weapons that they used to defend our selfs
so they thought of it for muskets because they had muskets, so if a sand nigger has an ak i think it's more than fair i own an ak to defend my self.
a robber has a pistol to do harm, why can i have a pistol to defend my self?

>thinking anything you can get your hands on would protect you if the US government really wanted to bend you over

Britfag here

inb4 a bunch of butthurt Americans preaching about fighting oppressive governments?

When was the last time you needed your 2nd Ammendment? Oh yeah, a single local event the 19th century. And that's THE ONLY example of it.

Fuckin Americans, you make me kek. You are so paranoid. Hilarious.

Yeah and when they wrote the 1st amendment, the internet didn't exist. What's your point? We keep the 2nd because it's a good idea, not because the bill of rights is magic.

Maybe we should stop getting singles in a dubs thread

Please. The (non-sustained) rate of fire of some of their handheld firearms was closer to 10 shots per minute.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girandoni_air_rifle

Also, it's the law until it's amended.

It wasn't' about the weapons, retard. It was about men being able to defend the Constitution.

This. There IS NO protection from the government. I don't care how many heavy-duty weapons you might have.

If they want you, they ARE going to get you.

This fantasy of being able to protect yourself from them is just that:

A FANTASY.

>Worth taking a moment to think about.
No, utterly worthless arguement. Are we going to abolish USA because her decleration of independence is 250 years old? See, it's a shitty arguement.

>you are making our point.. we should be allowed more arms due to weaponry equality to keep it in check, not less.

And yet by some miracle, we havn't had to change our form of government since that single event since the 19th century. Pretty effective, I'd say.

i agree that civilians should only use muskets, but that's only if the government and police also only use muskets

> When was the last time you needed your 2nd Ammendment?\

When we kicked your ass, snaggletoof faggot.

refer to here, GL on that brexit btw :)

>Place of origin: Holy Roman Empire
>Holy
>Roman
>Empire

You're right. Fuck it. Blunderbusses for everyone. What difference does it make. Also, the viet cong would like a word with you that's a pretty good example of a RELATIVELY outgunned peoples.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_(1946)
Happens every once in awhile.

I don't care how many people own guns, or how Dirty Harry they are, they will never be able to take on the government.

Go suck your Queen's taint you plebe. I do recall the first time we needed to use the 2nd Amendment and that was to kick your fucking tally wankin asses.

Nope, can't stop using 18th century laws to regulate 21 century weapons. If you ban guns in America then there will be 300 million illegal guns floating around and no citizen is legally allowed to defend themselves from any criminal who has one. It's not like any other country, we are saturated with weapons to begin with, they aren't. Does it sound like a nightmare for every person in the US to now be in the midst of fearless gun toting criminals? That's because it is. And you can't cause this criminal state because mass shootings occurred. It's an overreaction and an emotional response to tragedy.

It would only take 6% of the united states' population to perform an armed insurgency.

OP dipshit, regular citizens don't get to own cycle rate 600 guns.

This has been talked to DEATH and my argument has probably been better articulated before, but sure. Each side has its merits in the argument, there is no bullshit usually. However, each has its drawbacks. No guns, more criminals with them. Ban guns, black market explosion. No certain guns, black market demand explodes for that gun, and the populace rush to buy them before the ban, skyrocketing prices.

Essentially, there's no clean way to get rid of a certain weapon after the mass-production and consumption of these firearms. It's just not feasible, the country is too large, black market too powerful, consumers too dedicated and determined to get what they want.

However, the gun control I find to be a worthwhile investment, is gatekeeping. Gun owners require an in-depth mental evaluation, hefty security deposit, and medical history. If there's any evidence of haziness amongst those, dash the purchase.

Obviously some fuck with just take a family member, friend's, or buy a weapon off the streets to do his dirty work. But, it can't hurt to make the purchasing process for a firearm more streamlined and in-line with the health of the consumer, and the public.

>thinking the American society should be equally equipped to combat their first world country military, army, air force, and marine corp

Interestingly, this has been proposed 2 different times in the past month by the republican party. And it was voted down in the senate, due to the fact that it didn't include a "ban on assault weapons". Makes you wonder.

Yea we should ride horses, get rid of air conditionin , tvs , computers, electricity ect. OP is a fag.

>THERES NO PROTECTION FROM THE GOVERNENT SO FUCK IT WHO CARES RIGHT? LET EM TAKE THE GUNS

>implying that they couldn't right goddamn now, should enough of the general populous band together

And you haven't needed it since.

Americans are so delusional. Honestly hilarious. Enjoy your weekly shootings. Well, it's probably a good thing, one less American the better, eh?

>precisely.

why shouldnt we?
what is the military and government other than a group of people with a "monopoly of force"?

why shouldn't there be a secondary check by the citizenry in case voting is not honored?

Makes you wonder how the fucking NRA got so damn powerful that so many politicians do whatever the NRA wants.

It was also shot down because it included due process rights.

>thinking they shouldn't
How else can the people maintain control of their government? If one side has all the guns, they can do whatever they want.

You can classify anything as an assault weapon, change the name to exclude "assault", and change manufacturing names. Have the patent holders legally alter the names of their firearms in order to help this go smoothly. With the word "assault" out of the firearm community, and the public/media believing they once and for all banned "assault" weapons, the worst of the Left will rejoice, and worst of the Right will weep.

But, the VAST majority between the two won't really give a shit.

The reason they havent turned into full blown dictators is because we still have them fucking dumbass. Why do you think they are faking so many god damn shootings? They want us to have no protection so that we would be scared and not be able to protect ourselves so we rely on them even more. Its called power.

Why do people think cooperative defense is a bad idea? Sociopathic criminals only care about forceful repercussions, not laws.

t. Not an anarchist

Back in the 18th century people were less fucked in the head and less capable of mass murder with things other than guns and swords. In fact you should be getting a bigger gun because the world is more dangerous.

>haven't needed it since

>1812
>Civil War
>home invasions, crimes, and robberies two centuries afterward

Hey, at least we have guns. Your criminals do but you certainly don't.

>implying there are enough armed service members in the US military to combat 90 million gun owners

French fag here. Shut the fuck up

>Why do you think they are faking so many god damn shootings?

I was with you until this.

Does anything real ever happen? Anything?

Sure, that'd work great for say, a woman waiting to buy a gun to defend herself against her nutty ex while they go through all those background checks as slowly as possible. Oh wait, she's dead.

nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2015/06/nj_gun_association_calls_berlin_womans_death_an_ab.html

less fucked in the head, or less diagnosed?

medicine has also come a long ways since then.

Organized armies cannot handle the US, a bunch of pissed rednecks would be in graves dug by mortar shells faster than they can fuck one of their cousins if they tried to stand against the military.

Why even have citizens, just militarize the whole country.

>A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Sounds a lot more like a sort of citizen army. Who is doing the regulating if not the government?

Get in here!
chatstep.com/#Sup Forums_Raids
Today we raid!
Pass: Sup Forums

>implying the founding fathers were so retarded that they wouldn't think weapon technology would advance

That isn't necessarily a good thing. There's also something called evolution, which can be good, bad or both.
Like it or not, your form of government has become a rotten institution in which your politicians only serve those that supply them with funds. And I am not that naive to think one can completely abolish that. But you could at least try to temper it.

Ps I'm not the Britfag you replied to. Belgianfag here.

But then isn't it also time we stopped using 18th century laws to govern 21st century issues at all?

The phrase "well regulated" at that time simply meant "in proper working order", "well operating". In context, it simply means "well trained and well armed".

that monolithic thinking...

no.. cuz then everyone would be an extension of a bloated government...

i want some autonomy, tyvm.

lel mad cause ur money worth 10% less globally overnight lmao

Im all for guns but I honestly doubt that a gun would've helped her

>We keep the 2nd because it's a good idea

It's not a fucking good idea. When everyone in the world tells you something isn't a good idea and you still believe it is, you're retarded.

Worth taking a moment to think about? Absolutely. Will Americans think about it? Well, they've already shown time and again that they no can critical thinking good.

Modern weaponry including missiles, tanks, and fighter jets... All of which citizens can't own.

>2nd amendment allowed the best weapons of the current era to be owned by any and all

if the same thing applied today we'd all have .50 barret's with explosive ammunition

When our forefathers wrote the 1st Amendment, all forms of press were printed on paper, and freedom of speech was not anonymous and was mostly restricted to using churches and similar venues to speak.

Our forefathers never envisioned that there would be an internet, a place in which everyone can remain anonymous and post speech such as blogs on an electric medium.

It's amazing...

MAYBE IF YOU DIDN'T HAVE GUNS YOU WOULDN'T NEED TO DEFEND YOURSELF FROM PEOPLE WITH THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

Fucking retard

>Thinking that US military members would actually follow the government if they tried to take control and hurt US citizens

You wont need to. The governments police and soldiers are people. If they get ordered to attack protestors for example, its game over for the government.

The turning point of most civil wars is when the military defects.

It's about relative firepower. It's why the founding fathers didnt limit people to bow and arrows while armies had muskets.

Indians were armed, and history shows what happens when an opposing force with more sophisticated arms means pushes you around.

two things...

1. gatling guns existed.
2. this week 3 dindus broke into my home and I was able to defend myself with my AR15. I managed to get one of them, they all ran but shot back, they had full auto weapons (I think it was a full auto glock which is illegal here).

I live in Puerto Rico where the most strict gun laws exist. Deaths by illegal guns are still out of control.

>Maybe it's time we stopped using 18th century laws to regulate 21st century IP use.
Good point OP, but shouldn't there be a question mark at the end?

>everyone in the world

you know not too long ago everyone in the world thought women shouldn't have rights you liberal cuck

>Organised armies can't handle the U.S.
>Lose wars to farmers in jungles and farmers in caves.

U so bada$$

you're a fucking retard

Most of the world still thinks the Holohoax happened, so there goes that argument

The only reason you accomplished that was because you went and sucked the frenchies cocks.

Hows that cock taste?

The US government already does that. "Muh gun" are not going to do a god damn thing if they decide you're on their shit list.

>why do you think they are faking so many god damn shootings

Stopped reading there. You went full retard.

You think your dinky little peashooter would stand a chance against the full force of the US armed forces? Missiles, mortars, drones, and god knows what else will not be stopped by anything an American is going to think will protect them.

We haven't needed to use our second amendment because the second amendment exists. Or is that too complex for you to understand?

No

This, highly motivated criminals won't compensate with their weaponry, why the fuck should you? Do you not value your fucking life? Especially in the U.S, firearm homicides are through the roof there, all the more reason to defend yourself.

Wow. Just wow.

So you're just going to completely pacify yourself from any external threat, then?

Be it thieves, rapists, predatory animals, varmints etc. guns are used for more than just assurance against the government, they're made widely available because much of this country is untamed(!) and west of the Mississippi, all of modern society has been here less than 200 years. People who live in cities and europeans can never get this through their heads. Our society is brand new compared to everyone else!

Guys, you don't have to pull out all your red pill shit to make a coherent argument against gun control, your autism is showing

I would say if all the energy and money poured into lobbying for gun rights was put into securing democratic rights and freedoms you would have more success if your real goal is to avoid oppression by evil governments. I wonder how many people who are worried about the government taking their guns care much about NSA spying.

In North Korea, you are army, or you are hungry.

So, are you also one of those people who believe that the earth is actually flat?

>You'll never take on the US government
T. i live under a fucking rock. If a civil war happens, the government is working at a fraction of its peak power, at a time when that power is needed more than ever. It's not bubba and his ar-15 against the government. It's the whole country becoming an absolute hellhole while arms flood into the country and into the hands of the hundreds of different groups fighting eachother and what remains of the government.

Honestly, 2 seconds of thought tells you why "hurr govment to powrful!" is bullshit. How many syrians do you think had mortars and tanks and ak's sitting in their garages before the war?

>1 round it a minute
they fired 3 or even four you fucking idiot.

I'm pro gun control but don't post this innacurate shit.

If you don't think the US government has anything to do with these shootings you're living under a rock.
And if you believe everything they tell you keep on drinking that kool aid with the rest of the sheeple you pleb

one thing to think about is that there isn't anything about guns in the 2nd amendment, just arms. also you can't fire 600+ rounds per minute with any weapon that's legal to own for a regular citizen.

>I wonder how many people who are worried about the government taking their guns care much about NSA spying.

Not enough.

>he fell for the guns are bad meme

One round a minute?. MY RIFLEMEN CAN FIRE 4 MR JOFFREY

oh wow i never really thought about it like that before you must be a genius

>You can't take on the U.S government with your AK hurr

You just fucking watch me, comrade.

Then why has Britain, without anything like the 2nd Amendment, never been in a situation where it desperately needed guns to overthrow its own government?

Because Americans are paranoid.

Check fuckin m8 m8

That will never happen.

Incorrect. There were semi autos 12 years before the Declaration of Independence was signed.

What model are you referring to? The Girandoni air rifle? The Puckle Gun? Something else?

I have given it thought and yes, we should update the second amendment to allow for the possession of more modern military weapons.

Didn't you hear?
-Holocaust never happened
-Bush did 9/11
-Government killed Freddy Mercury

>tried to stand against the military

Assuming the military would be on the corrupt governments side. 100% chance they wouldn't follow orders to attack US citizens