To the Americans that actually watch soccer

To the Americans that actually watch soccer

Do you have Hispanic ancextry? If not, how the fuck did you pick it up?

yes, parents are from Mexico

I want to sniff kirino's panties

>Do you have Hispanic ancextry?
Yes lol

>she hates you

I do

No, the world cups were always interesting but once they started showing the Premier League on TV here I became fully involved in the sport.

I do not have Hispanic ancestry.

Thanks to my parents wanting me to pick up a sport, I played it all the time as a kid, from about age 5 to age 12. To be fair, I normally only watch international cups such as the WC, Euro, and recently the Copa América. My younger brother watches association football though. He's not Hispanic either, but he plays soccer on his high school team, and he's played since childhood like me.

No

2006 World Cup.

good to know that you exist

Parents are from Guatemala

same way you picked up japanese cartoons I suppose

Well we're Asian so I picked it up from my grandpa.

when I went to college I had a few friends who were really into it and i would watch it casually with them. Then I got really into WC 2006.

Because it was shown on kids' channels when they were kids?

parents are from brazil if that counts

not really hispanic but eh

Yup, Tejano. I'm the only one in my family who follows it tho.

Going to college and playing FIFA got me into it

I want her to step on my dick while acting cold towards me the whole time.

David Villa started a soccer academy on my debt ridden Island.

None. Played kiddy leagues when I was 6 then watched the 2014 WC, thought it was neat, then started watching the EPL

Born on an army base in frankfurt. it was the only sport I got to watch as a kid, so I stuck with it when I got back to the states.

i just want all you chicanoshits to know, i'm emailing this thread to homeland security after it gets archived. so start running now.

Chinaman here, I started to follow when I went to university and I made friends with a lot of international students who liked it and it eventually happened. Roommate had an xbox and was the FIFA hub of the dorm floor, too.

>Hispanic ancestry
Kind of lol. Not the kind that likes soccer though.

I want to say the first soccer event I followed closely was WC 2006. I definitely paid close attention to 2010 and 2014. It's gotten a lot easier to follow soccer in the US within the past 10 years or so.

>needing to specify that your brother isn't a spic either
>americucks

no just enjoy major international competitions

Can't wait for trump to get elected. Seeing posters with American flag commenting on football is just cringy as fuck no matter what race they're. Atleast white Americans stay the fuck away.

2010 World Cup

Liked the way Germany and France - specifically the playmaking of Ozil and Ribery - played and then the Donovan goal against Algeria sealed it for me.

being of mexican descent is not a requirement to follow a sport bro

OP never said that, Manuel.

Dad played in high school, and I played club throughout high school. Found beauty in the game that lots of Americans can't.

Yeah parents are mexican. I don't support Mexico though, barely even speak Spanish.

>how the fuck did you pick it up?
Nationalism

It's literally not my fault that this country has a divorce rate of over 50%

Of course I do, why else would I watch this sport?

>inb4 build wall

Not a Mexican, parents came here legally, etc.

No
FM because I'm an autist.
Watch Bundesliga mostly.
Have an Irish passport but I have only lived permanently in the states.

No
I'm a white southerner conservative
I only got into it because of the 02 world cup
Couldn't give less of a shit about Yurop's clubs

I live in NY and everybody I know who watches soccer picked it up from watching Italy in the world cups

You either forgot a C or are lying.

>Do you have Hispanic ancextry

Obviously

>do you have Hispanic ancestry?
No
>how'd you pick it up?
Two of my best friends in college are English/French, and nba and boreball are terrible.

Obviously doesn't apply to upstate. I live on LI though not the city, everybody here who watches soccer regularly is an Italian who picked it up with the WC, probably from 2006. Or an immigrant, of course

German ancestry

LongIsland, the city,and Jersey should fuck off and join Florida.

Take this weaboos, int, pol excrement of a post, idk where you'd take it, Sup Forums maybe?

We need to build walls everywhere

English ancestry, randomly rented Fifa 98 as a kid, liked it so much I bought it and played it all the time. I was only vaguely interested in soccer before then but it was only the chicago fire and 94 world cup I was aware of

No

>If not, how the fuck did you pick it up?
The first soccer match that I watched was the Champions League 2009 final. I didn't know anything about both Barcelona and Man Utd but after Barcelona winning, that's how I became a fan of the team. Then after that, I played in my middle school's soccer team. I wasn't good at all and didn't played much but we just played against other middle schools in the district and the games were mainly for fun pretty much. Then I started playing Fifa and I would say me starting to play Fifa helped me the most to both learn about the sport and the athletes in the sport. The first Fifa that I played was Fifa 09 on the Wii,

Every kid in the country plays soccer, forro.

Yes I am an illegal spico. Deal with it

Yes, specifically around the Middle East

Fifa 98 road to world cup was the best thing I have ever owned on my shitting windows 98 pc back then

I'm white, and I got into soccer from reading reddit. /r/soccer is such a cool place, and they have great gifs of goals!

MODS

>this self hating chicano

Decided to watch Dempsey's first game for the Hotspurs and he scored a goal and BTFO of Manchester United. Been a hyuge fan ever since though I still hold a grudge against the Hlotspurs for dropping dempsey after a season despite him being their best player.

>watching world cup 94
>little user you have italian blood
>love soccer

No

Grew up in middle east playing and watching