EC 16 is already better than 08 2bh
based iceland

No one will argue with that.

Heres your one reply.

WC14 > WC06

>EC 2008 > EC 2012
>WC 2006 > WC 2014
'no'

How was 2012 better than 2008 with Turkey?

2014 was wayyy better than 2006.
Only nostalgia fags will deny this.

>WC with most goals ever
>Only lost in attendance to USA 94
>7-1 / 5-1 / Spain being eliminated in the group phase
>Messi, CR7 and most world stars

WM 14=06 > EM 16 > EM 08

POWER GAP

LITERAL SHIT

WM 10=EM12

I am willing to concede the EC one, they were about equal in my eyes.

I do really think that 06 > 14 but it may be my nostalgia working I guess. Why do you think 14 > 06?

You will never hear me hate on 2014 though, it was a great tournament.

It also had the final with the best teams.

WC 1998 > WC 2006 > WC 2014 > WC 2010 > WC 2002

EC 2004 > EC 2000 > EC 2012 > EC 2008

Also a lot of really beautiful goals. Cahill, Robben, James, David Luiz FK, etc.

>EC 2004 > EC 2000

'no'. Euro 2000 is the best tournament of all time

How old are you and what was so great about EC 2004? I don't remember it because muh age and I hear most people hating on it due to muh Greece win. WC 2006 was the first tournament I watched.

WC 1998 > WC 2014 > WC 2006 > WC 2002 > WC 2010

2002 could've been as good as 1998 but refs ruined it.

EC 2000 > EC 2008 > EC 2004 > EC 2012

2016 will be the worst unless Iceland wins

I don't know it just felt better

WC 2014 was just GOAT, I was really excited about every game, it's a real shame Brazilians they humiliated themselves after organizing such a great tournament.

No, no! Just because you memed your way into a match with messi, does not make a great tournament, in fact it was mostly garbage, but the algeria-germany match in ro16.

Why do you think that 2014 > 2006. It seems that I am in the minority that thinks 06 > 14, and I thought it would be the opposite. But again, it was my first tournament so nostalgia probably plays a significant role in my opinion. WC 2014 was great regardless. WC 2010 was shit though.

I loved it too m8

1-7 was one of the highlights of the tournament, historical desu

Well the best thing about it was precisely Greece winning.
Oh the delicious portugese tears

Jesus Christ, why do all you insufferable cucks hate the 2010 World Cup so muBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

my rating wasn't based on Swiss influence at all
by that logic WC10 would've been great, since we beat Spain and the whole city erupted into chaos, but the tournament was shit nonetheless

I honestly believe that wc 06 was the greatest of all time. Every team was stacked, and it marked the eclipae of a generation of legends. Also, i think it was the last major tournament before diving and bitchint became a thing invented by spaniards and the portuguese.

It's close. I always liked 2004 better though

I loved Greece winning (they were a brilliant defensive side, it wasn't a fluke), Czech Republic/Netherlands/Portugal all playing great football, Rooney and Donaldo emerging as world class talent, Zidane memeing on England with 2 late goals, Ricardo saving penalties without gloves.

The only people who hate it are those who are asshurt at a traditional footballing power not winning

06 had:
messi, cr7, figo, zidane, pirlo, fat ronaldo, ronaldinho, kaka, totti, ballack, actually decent england for once, henry, vieira, beckham, lahm, shevchenko, villa, riquelme, cafu, buffon

WC 2014 was way better than WC 2006.

I'd probably say:

WC 2014 > WC 2002 > WC 2006 > WC 1998 > WC 2010 > WC 1994 >>> punching yourself in the dick >>> WC 1990

why do you think 06 was good at all?
was it the first world cup you've watched?

80% of italian goals were from set pieces.

This. Also, it had the best atmosphere, unlike 2010 with those terrible vuvuzelas.

Wrong.

Epic come back turks single handedly make it better than cumskin meme teams.

2006 was mediocre, it had better players than 2014 but not better games. 2006 had a good group stage, 2014 had a great group stage. Both had boring, tactical, defensive knockout stages. 2014 had 7-1 + few good games like Germany - Algeria.. 2006 had Germany - Italy + Zidane magic. 2014 was better at every stage of the tournament. 2006 wasn't bad, but it was disappointing. A lot of star players didn't deliver any magic, even Brazil played boring football. 2014 on the other hand was a very pleasant surprise after 2010 which was the worst World Cup of all time.

>90
>94
How old are you?

Euro 2000 > World Cup 2014 > World Cup 2006 > Euro 2004 > World Cup 2010 > Euro 2008 > Euro 2012 > World Cup 2002

I still feel embarassed when thinking about France in 2010
>only scores one goat
>loses all games
>last of group
>discipline problems
>Anelka going full retard
>"there is a traitor in the team"
>team refuses to train and goes on a fucking strike
>threatens to refuse to play an actual game
This is somehow worse than 2002. And we were the worst team in the entire tournament in 2002.

There was a lot of good stuff.

But it will be marred by Spain 1-0ing their way to victory.

>Spain 1 - Portugal 0
>Spain 1 - Paraguay 0
>Spain 1 - Germany 0
>Spain 1 - Netherlands 0

yeah the first world cup (and tournament in general) I watched

also, 1998 was better than both, as many goals as in 2014, but games were a lot more open and exciting, it also had better players, and they did deliver the magic. Just compare 1998 brazilian, italian and dutch players with 2014. So many stars that tournament, pretty evenly spread out between many teams too.

Only thing 2014 was better at was memes. 7-1, 5-1 etc. Spain not getting out of the group etc.

No, dude, 2010 is objectively one of the worst world cups of all time. Every match was ultra fucking boring, even brasil-portugal, which was hyped to death, turned to be a snoozefest.

Spanish midfielders passing to themselves in the halfline does not make for good football.

>you now remember that insane brazil team back in 2002
Holy shit, they were invincible, what went so wrong?

They all got old and addicted to traps. Nothing wrong with it desu.

100% entirely Domenachs fault, plus that independent technical team that appointed him, aka platini & friends

hi uncle bobby

no, there wasn't. Only Germany, Chile and Uruguay played watchable football. Almost all games that didn't involve those teams were so boring it was hard to watch them to the end.

It was the worst world cup of all time, even worse than 1990, which I didn't think was possible to achieve.

Why do so many people love the 2006 WC? It had the second-lowest goal count of all World Cups (only behind 1990) and a team won the title with parking the bus.

Only great meme was the Zidane Headbutt

euro 2004 didn't happen because of muh terrorism

>Holy shit, they were invincible
No, they weren't. They just faced the easiest route to the Cup I can remember since most other contenders got refballed or flopped.

Great-tier
>98
>86
>82
>74
>70
>54

Good-tier
>14
>06
>02
>62
>58
>50

meh-tier
>94
>78

shit-tier
>10
>90
>66

lel

You watched them all?

>No 1930, 1934 and 1938

filthy pleb

>biased brazilian

colour me surprised

Yeah, Belgium got refballed (pro tip: the player scoring is our current coach):

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwjQqXu_IM

France's implosion, Uruguay cheating Ghana out of the semis and butthurt vuvuzela memes were all entertaining.

But yeah, there was a lot of super defensive play which sucked. Which is why I thought it was one of the worst in recent memory.

There were still amusing moments.

>100% entirely Domenachs fault
I dslike him as much as the next guy but honestly the whole media fiasco and the playyers spining out of control was not 100% his fault.
2008 Euro was, however, his entire fault
>having Nasri in the team
>Gallas, Abidal & Sagnol worst defense we've had in years
>still relying on Henry and Anelka

wilmots looks like he doesnt give a fuck in that video

nothings changed

08 was based as fuck desu and england werent even in it. perhaps thats why it was better

>mad your refballfest is universally considered shit and worthless

>It was the worst world cup of all time, even worse than 1990, which I didn't think was possible to achieve.

Worse than 1990? Fucking impossible. Nothing in 2010 compared to 1990's bullshit.

1990 was so bad they had to make rules changes to prevent the sport from being ruined.

2014 was GOAT. I thought with your flag you would rate it given how well the Belgians did in it.

2014 had:

>fall of Casillas and 5PA1N
>BRA71L and generally getting utterly humiliated by teh Germans
>Messi's chance at GOAThood destroyed
>Netherlands gets cucked again
>Englel's worst performance

All round memes and setup for redemption arcs and revivals in 2018. 06 was a clusterfuck with a few feels but there was no proper story structure.

>Wilmots doesn't care
That's not true at all. I think he is an incompetent coach, but he clearly cares for our country. He was the captain of that team and a leader figure. In a later interview he said he was fuming inside after that and he talked shit against the referee for straight 5 minutes.

Euro 2004 was the GOAT tournament, the Czechia - Netherlands game was some of the best games I've ever seen on an international level.

fair play. Im biased because of the infamous Drogba 'its a fucking disgrace' direct to camera - thats what I want my players doing when refball fucks them over, not quietly seething

Yeah but I already established 06 was the first tournament I watched so I am willing to change my opinion. I agree that WC 2014 was great, much much better than WC 2010.

Don't forget:

>Lampard 38'
>Zidane 90+1'
>Zidane 90+3'

Watch france-brazil or germany-italy.... hell portugal-netherlands chimping out. Germany-argentina, portugal-england... so many memorable matches with legendary players, none of the panzies that call themselves footballers nowadays.

1990 was the worst AT THE TIME. However in 1990 entertainment in football still wasn't so ruined by tactics and overly physical play. There was still a lot of magic, improvisation, subtlety, culture.

2010 was the new, modern football. It's like watching CPU controlled FIFA teams, just teams of robots, pacey athletes, with mediocre skills, no magic, no imagination, no real creativity, playing ultra-physical, ultra-defensive game. Football today looks like chess combined with trench warfare. It's like a different sport now. 1990 was still football, cynical football, but still football. A game where skill and creativity was more important than being strong or fast.

2014 was shit irmao
only 0-0 and 1-0 past the group phase

1. happened in europe
2. fell between one era of stars and another era of stars so it had all of them, though few were in their primes
3. traditional powers pretty much all had some success
4. home team overachieved

This desu.

Spain winning every match 1-0 was the most boring shit ever.

Also, daily reminder that paraguay should have knocked them out.

he should wear a bra desu

But it was SO cynical in '90.

I mean, from the quarter finals on in '90 there were 15 goals. 9 came from the run of play and 6 were penalties.

Of those eight matches, 4 matches had the winning goal being a penalty, 3 matches were won on penalties, and only 1 match (Italy-Ireland) was won by a goal scored in the run of play.

Hell, the famous 3-2 defeat of England over Cameroon featured THREE fucking penalties.

Teams were literally diving for pens, taking 1-0 leads, and then endlessly backpassing to the keeper who could legally pick it up at that time. Fucking dreadful.

Probably because of the German team that exceeded all expectations. Most people aside from Germans probably don't remember it now, but after Euro 2004 Germany was thought to be doomed, their best players were grandpas and hasbeens, they were getting bootyblasted by the likes of Slovakia and Turkey in the friendlies and Klinsmann was considered a meme (honestly, he was indeed a meme but still). Then they proceeded with blowing everyone the fuck out until that Italy game while playing really beautiful football.

that was a shit match

Not that guy but it was a great game, at least the entire first half was played at an unreally high level. Probably the best technical performance I've ever seen from an English team.

maybe, i focused on france and we were shit. the ending felt like a theft

>66
>bad

isn't the one where north fucking korea beat italy ? it's dank tier, Sup Forums would have exploded

I'm gonna ask an honest question here.

Has there been a single good tournament match involving England in the last 20 years? Do they ever play in games that have any entertainment value apart from "laugh at the bongs" memes?

If someone can name one, I'd be interested.

see 2004 England-France

>in fact it was mostly garbage

we played alright during the Eng v Germany game, and the game was shaping up to be an awesome contest... until some uruguayan cunt decided he wanted to be famous

in WC 2010

England vs Sweden was fun at Euro 2012.

i unironically loved wc2010 so thats my favourite
despite all the vuvuzelas and spain winning the whole thing by 1-0s

for the ECs its the 96' one, i was still a kid and i was asking my grandpa who will win it, he said Czech Rep, and i didnt take him seriously
they didnt win but they played great and it was really close, rest in peace grandpa

Spain was so fucking boring. Should've been our cup. At least we we're the villains. We meme'd our way to the final memeing brazil with a header by the shortest man on the field. Memeing uragay to a 2-3 win. Choking that final hurt a lot.

Neverlands didnt really get cucked. Maybe because >we are terrible at penalties. And van MEME didnt sub in based krul to rekt the argentinians

I loved that czech team. Even if we lost because our coach was retarded.

Ukraine-Switzerland in WC06, makes that the worst WC of the last three.

was that worse than iran vs nigeria? probably yeah because it was in the knockouts

France 98 > Germany 2006 > any other tournament

What is unanimously agreed upon as the best pre-1990 World Cup?

>brazil
>rossi
>battiston vs schumacher
>tardelli's celebration
>maradona red card

Two groups makes it weird though, lots of low scoring matches too.England went out without losing a match, silly system.

WC 94 > WC 2002 > EURO 98 > EURO 2008 > WC 2006 > WC 2010 > WC 2014

So did Switzerland

1954?

Fuck ton of goals. One of the greatest players of all time falling at the final hurdle. A massive upset in the final with suspicions of doping and even poisoning. Great on many levels.

1962 in Chile was fantastic.

>prime Pele, Garrincha, Zito, Masopust, Yashin, Puskas, Robson, Moore, Lorenzo Buffon, etc