What.cd is gone

>what.cd is gone
>if I want lossless I have to ask people who don't share on soulseek if they'll share their lossless files

>lossless

lossless music is actually kinda pointless

Just buy a cd you gimp

i think the point is to prove how smart and cool you are you people who don't know better

>Meme-ers.

I wanna be able to archive my shit so its the same quality in 20 years time. Especially if its something obscure I really like.

newfags might not get this and waste their time

why did what.cd get nixed?

not all of us have such boring taste that we can buy all the music we want to hear at barnes and noble

>Not wanting music shielded against rotational velocidensity

>cds

Vinyl is god of all.

>Vinyl is god of all.

>cd's are only available at some shite american store.

It simply is a better fuller sound.
Not to mention the aesthetic of buying and owning a record.

kek

>Not to mention the aesthetic of buying and owning a record
wew

idk man, even with online shops or specialized local record stores, it's pretty fucking hard to find a lot of stuff that's very old, not from a western country, released in small quantities, etc etc.

i maintain that unless you actually have enough money, time, and equipment to collect music in all sorts of formats from 78s to cassettes to cds and beyond, you will never have as much access to great music as you do if you just pirate shit like a normal person.

Umm excuse me sir.

I do believe you are forgetting about the best musical medium of all time, the phonautograph.

>wew

>He listens to music that doesn't play at 78 RPM

Sad!

>>

>>>

Yet to explain why it's such a laughable thing to say vinyl is god of all.

You seem like a right hipster for disagreeing with this.
I bet a couple years ago when it wasn't as trendy you thought it was king.
Doylem

I agree that you get a bigger range of music to buy if you get more than one format.
This is down to the diffrent printing costs and such

>probably only listens to overprices reissues with digital masters

Nope, all my vinyl is second hand
Try again hipster

Loke I like vinyl because it sounds better, you seem in able to explain why you think it's mockable for someone to hold this opinion.

Not that guy. But glass houses dude, saying one medium is better than all the rest just because you like the "Aesthetics" or "sounds better" is the most hipster you can be.

Its subjective, there's little/no compression on a FLAC or good mp3 now so the only difference is the specific way vinyl plays the sound.

It has drawbacks too like how fucking expensive it is, how its not a digital format so there's no skipping, fast forwarding, going back etc. They occupy physical storage space and has to be physically distributed. You can't edit it with audio software etc.

>caring about music quality
please have sex

Yeah I agree that it is subjective, even though I didn't make that clear, and understand there is drawbacks to listaning to vinyl, aswell as cds, aswell as tapes, aswell as digital.

I listen to all, but prefer the experience vinyl gives me, there is nothing hipster about having a preference for the sound quality or aesthetic. A hipster would like vinyl because it's not popular, and this would be a platform for them to think there better than everyone.

I don't btw, I just think the sound is fuller, and more engrossing.

Didn't say you were hipster because you had a preference. Said you were hipster because stated subjective things as though they are objective. But you clearly didn't mean that, meaning the entire argument you had with that other dude was pointless, right?

Yeah I gues you are right :P

>really want so classical music piece
>go rutracker
>put the work of the dude i want
>found it
>everything its in FLAC
>have to download 900 MB (megabytes)
>have to cut the file with CUE splitter
>have to convert it to AAC/MP3 256 kbps
>spend fucking hours and i didnt listen to the songs because i have to go
When those Meme Codecs gonna end?

>spend fucking hours and i didnt listen to the songs because i have to go
>not being a neet
lmao at your life wagecuck

Not if you're listening to jazz or classical. Also a flac rip of slime season 1 is one of the best things I've ever heard

>I just think the sound is fuller

define "fuller" in the context of sound (relative to sound you would not consider as full)