You now remember seeing this on the shelf at Blockbuster

You now remember seeing this on the shelf at Blockbuster

Sheeit, my town didn't get a Blockbuster until '95. I saw it all the time at local mom and pop video stores though.

I honestly don't remember seeing that in a video store and I remember a good lot of them. Must be coincidence.

It's really fucking crazy. I had no idea what was going on up until the very end.
Some bitch had eyes for nipples

GET OUTTA MY HEAD MANNN!

These for sure.

why did all those campy horror movies have the best dvd covers?

>You now remember seeing this everytime you walked past the horror section, but never getting it because the face genuinely scared you

This is a good thread.

You now remember going to rent your game for the week and seeing this on the shelf.

You now also remember going home and crying like a little bitch because you couldn't pass the first stage, and having to get your dad to go return it to the store and try to convince them the game isn't working so you can swap it.

liked the 1st one better

3rd one kinda

2 felt really cheap for some reason

yup, and video square, and hollywood video
but always scared to get it

The only game I can ever remember returning the same day because it was too hard.

omfg this is true, kek.

>They will never make genuinely fun horror movies in the depths of the ocean or in space with a small cast of people fighting off a practical effects monster with a fuck load of blood
>You will never watch a new movie that is just pure FUN, without thinking "they did that to push an agenda... They cast that guy for muh diversity... Look how that woman can beat all the men up single handed... That guy just put his hands on his belt and said a phrase, I can't wait to go and post on Sup Forums about the parallels between this scene and CIA"

There was no Blockbuster in my country

>John dies at the end

Seriously need more movies like John dies.

What about when you got an absolutely shitty game, like Total Recall? I feel bad for all the times I cried and made my dad return shit out of guilt.

As a 30 year old man, I'd probably tell my kid to fuck off and deal with it. My dad really did have patience, christ.

all the fuckin time

nobody remembers this movie but me

i remember the front of a ship in a dark stormy night with a skull on it the most but i forgot the name
i think it was pokemon card holographic spooky or something and the skull would shine into visibility as you walked by it
anybody know what im talking about

>implying
not even who you're responding to but i remember going full /nope/ as a kid when the zombie soldier guy showed up

This?

Ghost Ship

this used to creep me out as a kid

yeah

Holy shit yes

Same here, that skeleton butterfly gave me the creeps.

No I don't you shitter

There were some really shitty games... but I'll never forget playing Chrono Trigger till 5am, listening for my parents, and turning off the TV when they went to the bathroom so the light would not shine under the door.

>starring David Carradine

i was always creeped out by a cover that looked like this. Cant remember what its called. Pretty much used the same design without the sci fi stuff.

it's a fucking dad-prog album

fuck yeah

no it was a movie cover im pretty sure.

there is a very high probability that you are thinking of "Future Kill". I never saw it, but I also remember the cover from the old video store, and I later learned that it was due to Giger.

This is a VERY, VERY, VERY GOOD THREAD.

Fortunatley i had a pretty awesome indie video store called Insomniac in my home town. Its long gone. Always creeped out by this. Watched it years later. Great stuff.

So much 80's bad film ripped off Giger and his designs

You're pissing me off, Roger!

this is getting remade

i dont think so

forgot pic

Anyone else who didn't walk around the vhs and dvd sections because they'd get too spooked by certain film covers? god damn i was a puss. just got video games.

Always was creeped out by this. Didnt realize it was what it was until years later.

yeah man, but then you would realize that the movie you wanted was right next to it so you would walk dead towards it while trying not to look but you would HAVE to look and your eyes would quickly shift to it as you grabbed the movie you wanted before turning away and running

yup. I remember this one quite well.

80's movies had the best cover art. really memorable

that's a pretty sweet cover really

these

Same. I can only imagine how this would have influenced me if I rented it when I was 8 instead of waiting until I was 15 to see it.

>Didnt realize it was what it was until years later.
A bad movie?
Yeah me too

Exactly. The irony is that I probably would have liked it a lot if I hadn't been too scared by it. The poster makes it look way creepier than it was. I always thought the eyes were feminine and horror movie covers with feminine looking monsters always freaked me out.

Interesting. I know I'd seen it when I was going through a Cronenburg binge, but I remember nothing about it. The cover art always unnerved me though.

No, that its a goof and a spoof. Not a very serious horror film. Also, its not bad man.

Newfags don't even know about the best movie ever.

>how that fucking cyclops died....

I think so too, but somehow I don't think the actual movie lives up to it.

At least it apparently has Marilyn Burns and a notable Giger association!

Here's something else I've never seen, but I vividly remember staring at it many times in the video store.

I'm sorry, you mean A Brother's Justice?

Return of the Jedi rip off?

Everything after the first movie is trash

>crappy

Wrong again, boyo.

nah dude, they're fun when you're 13.

Can we extend this thread to movies from the kid's section?

I've seen this one, and it's terrible. Or maybe I'm thinking of 976-Evil. They probably both suck.

although i rented this a few times

Anyone remember an old kung fu movie where a guy got BTFO'd with hot wax? There was something about immortality too. Pls help.

Don't feed the troll.

Immortal Chi and the Hot Wax Three