Flying Lotus /.

Is Flying Lotus good? What is his best album? Help me moo >:l

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NNTZEACwZG0
youtube.com/watch?v=sRr61zlCAgg
youtube.com/watch?v=ouI9BSAx1ro
youtube.com/watch?v=keH_yXpJzXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I haven't heard his full albums but I have heard a LOT of stuff from him and really liked it.

Here's some samples.

youtube.com/watch?v=NNTZEACwZG0

youtube.com/watch?v=sRr61zlCAgg

youtube.com/watch?v=ouI9BSAx1ro

youtube.com/watch?v=keH_yXpJzXE

I heard his best is CosmoGramma

Los Angeles is my favorite album of all time, so of course I think that one is his best. It's absolutely fucking incredible.

I recommend starting with Los Angeles. Each of his albums is good and a bit different from one another.

Personal favorite is Los Angeles, though I love Pattern and Grid World and the Reset EP, too

He is up there in best electronic producers
start with los angeles id say

Flylo is great. Cosmograma and until the quiet comes are my faves

He popularized the most boring trip hop in existence, but his own work is actually incredible.

Look up his BBC Radio 1 Residency sets on mixcloud

I love flying lotus, have a t shirt and everything. (so u know im qualified)

Cosmogramma, Until the quiet comes and you're dead are all fantastic but theyre very much intended to be listened to as albums, they feel like complete musical works that way.

Los Angeles is great, some dank beats there.

I quite like Pattern + Grid world EP too because its the first thing I bought of his but its also a bit different from everything else, qute interesting!

Reset EP is fun too if you want to hear some early stuff, you can kind of get a sense of progression from there

FlyLo is a talented producer, i love You're Dead! and Cosmograma. I agree with everyone on here, should start with Los Angeles.

Ok start with los angeles thakns moo! >:)

>I haven't heard his full albums
b-but why....

Because I'm busy listening to a lot of other stuff currently, and at the time I discovered him and I WANTED to get his full albums I was deciding between several other artists who to collect.

Flying Lotus is Great, although his stuff is so complex at times it might be hard to get into him at first.
Probably the coolest man alive.

>trip hop

Ive never found anything by him that I like.

Flying Lotus is Awesome

Cosmogramma is a classic

Los Angeles is his best project.

Then he began to flirt with jazz, trying to be deep or something and made Cosmogramma and You're Dead! UTQC was a nice surprise and a blend of his different styles. 1983 is him pretty much imitating other beat makers and playing around without direction.

I recommend his EPs and the Captain Murphy material as well.

>moo
>not mew

Hit up Cosmogramma and you'll be fine my man.

Cosmogramma is a really good piece of work, so is You're Dead!

First half of You're Dead! is 11/10

You know, I really liked FlyLo till I found out how much of a dick he was.

I saw Flying Lotus at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Don't forget about LA 1 x 3 EP. Has some nice beats that go with LA well

this copypasta sucks

he's cool you should try to listen to him

His lofi stuff is practically trip hop fite me

/thread/
cosmograma is a modern classic already
>the force of your gravity ;_;