Member when pop music was actually good and musicians had talent instead of computers and autotune?

Member when pop music was actually good and musicians had talent instead of computers and autotune?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bT9LUiWXkyo
youtube.com/watch?v=EkPy18xW1j8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>using a joke from a has-been show to complain about modern day pop music

irony

So you try to tell me that there are no musicians with talent anymore/that technical progress excludes the existing of people having talent and using it? whoa

yeah i member

I GOT GRAPES WHATCHU WATCHIN SOOOOONNNNNN

Pop music is inherently shit.
Mainstream music has been bad since WWI

But new and talented pop musicians come out all the time, you fucking fruit

pop music is literally the best its been in decades.
FKA Twigs? Everything Everything? gfys

Member when the whole point of the member joke is specifically making fun of people who say how much better things were back in the day yet everyone uses it unironically to nostalgia-wank themselves

I member

REDDIT

Edgy.

this

() is a putz

youtube.com/watch?v=bT9LUiWXkyo

We /youtubecommentsection/ now

It doesn't matter which genre of music he's talking about, he's absolutely right. Mediocrity has spread like the plague.

i miss the pop music of the 60's. it was all so much more genuine and creative, it was barely corporate. i don't think music will ever reach those highs again.

member when nobody gives a fuck?

>Pop music
>Genuine
I don't think so.

youtube.com/watch?v=EkPy18xW1j8
eh?

member when it was ok to enslave other people

brian wilson did not write those lyrics

agreed, although I prefer other decades for almost all other genres

mike, the reason the song is good is not because of the lyrics

don't worry user, we're all slaves to the bourgeois in a capitalistic society :)

If the main defining characteristic of your band is being cute, that's a problem.

>mike
kek

whats wrong with being cute?

At least they wrote their own songs

Because that's how you primarily make money and not memorable music.

Looks like the joke.went over a few heads.

Seeing how this place is ~50% pop oriented, you can never be 100% sure who's baiting or not at this point.

>Look at this cringy fat guy with long hair and a metal T-shirt.
>You guys are himm xDDDDD

He's right through.

can't you do both at the same time?

>God Only Knows
>not memorable
wew lads

Let me preface this by saying that we're not really defending art here.
There are very few people that made pop music for the right reasons. And given that being cute is the norm for being successful since the 80's, it's hard to imagine that cute people aren't making music for other cute people and therefore selling a product, rather than making memorable music.

This is unironically their best season in years

Remember when John Philip Sousa said in 1906 that the the phonograph would ruin music in this country because people would never actually need to play an instrument again?

He's right, you know. Music was invented in 1910 and immediately went downhill