OKAY Sup Forums... I know I shouldn't come to you for help or answers or "personal army"...

OKAY Sup Forums... I know I shouldn't come to you for help or answers or "personal army", but I'm honestly stuck and don't know what to do. Here's the deal....

> Get text from number: 8032253974
> "Hello *my name*
>Me: "Who's *my name*? And who are you? Lol"
> "You will know when the police visit"
> *around the same time, there are knocks at door that I refuse to acknowledge or answer*

I don't know anyone from South Carolina, but I've pissed many people off over the years... So, it could be anything from a prank to real felony charges waiting for me down at the cop shop... Wutdo? Can anyone tell me anything about this phone number or who it belongs to?

BUMP

Help... Plis?

If there is a warrant for your arrest the best thing to do is to face it.

Answer the door. Do not consent to anything. Do not answer questions or engage in any kind of conversation other than deferring to your rights.

Do not engage in any more conversation with the person on the phone.

This was a few hours ago, they left... I ran some errands, things that needed to be done should I be incarcerated soon, and I'm back home. I can't find out if I have a warrant without going into the government center though, which is then turning myself in...

I have not responded to the text about the police visit. I have thought of calling it remotely (just to see what kind of voice answers or what's on the answering machine), but decided against it so far...

So just ignore it until they try to make contact with you.

Don't say a word about anything. People are so fucking retarded in interrogations. No matter what they say, no matter what, do not tell on yourself.

Make them have to work for the conviction.

More than likely, when you are not caught red handed, if you do not tell on yourself or plea, you will not be convicted.

Anymore protips? I can use any sincere information I can get at this point...

Some number from a random state makes me feel like it's something on the internet and federal... Which can only lead me to believe that they have some kind of evidence if they're gunna have a detective texting me and send a unit to my door... I just have no clue as to what I could be looking at.

What have you done that you can get arrested for?

I suppose being patient and cooperating close to silently is probably my best option though. Thanks for the level-headed point of view user.

The only words that come out of your mouth are lawyer, and water. Thats it dont say anything. They will try to trick you into telling on yourself. Dont say a word.

Well, I'm certainly smart enough not to admit to anything on here without some kind of proxy. I suppose it could be as bad as a class d or c felony though...

If I'm new to the area I currently reside in and don't know a defense attorney/haven't used one here and I say I want a lawyer, aren't they just going to give me a phone to call the lawyer around here that I don't have yet?

They would not give you a heads up like that.

It does not matter if they have evince with regard to whether or not you should talk.

When you get a lawyer/public defender they will do a motion for discovery and all the evidence that the prosecution has will be given to you.

At that point you can decide of you want to plea or not.

If they threaten with a hit like "make the deal now or you won't have the opportunity in the future", they don't have shit against you.

Use your rights. Look them up and know them before the interrogation if you can.

Inform yourself. You will be in their setting and they will be very comfortable.

They are legally allowed to lie to you. No matter how cool they act, they are not your friend. Do not engage in any kind of small talk. Be in control of the situation by respectfully evoking your rights.

They will be trying to fuck you over. Don't allow them.

Also, defense lawyers do work with the prosecution. Keep that in mind. If your lawyer says they have certain evidence and you should plea, demand to see the evidence. Don't simply take everything he says for face value.

They have to keep a working relationship. If you do not see any legit evidence and you demand to go to trial, they will drop it.

i have like 5 proxies, you are safe here friend. what did you do?

I've done enough to go back to jail should I get caught. There should be no evidence for anything overly awful that I've done, though.

I was turned on to this during my last brush with the law. My lawyer flat out said I got lucky because the da gave him a favorable disposition on my case for an unfavorable one on another...

> back to jail

I actually forgot the most important advice I can give.

Stop breaking the fucking law man

He said I paid him more and, "that's just how things work." I was incredibly disgusted.

Yeah, I'm working on that... 2016 resolution was actually to stop doing illegal things, and it's been a great success so far. Unfortunately it seems the past is catching up again though... /-:

OP if the police show up at your house, they identify themselves as the police. They don't knock on your door and then leave because you didn't answer. I think one of your friends is pranking you.

Our criminal justice system is a human one and very flawed.

Save yourself the stress and just become an hero

Even if op is being planked it is good for people to be exposed to this information

you should just muslim pulse yourself
all hail the ballsack muhammad

how does you having 5 proxies cover *his* ass?

I would love to believe this, but I don't really know anyone here... I'm new to the area. Also, I'm fairly sure I heard them identify themselves, and mutter among themselves (at least 2), as well as knock 4 times in a very distinct "We are the police, but we're not here because you killed someone" pattern...

Welp, I am going to go take a shower and run some errands (pick up beer).

Hope I helped at least one person.

God's speed op.

Just kidding, there is no god

An Hero and School Shooter Eugene are both non-viable options: I have a pup to feed, raise, and care for.

Indeed you did. I appreciate it, user. Take care.

Did you molest some kid? Download CP?

On welfare under 3 or 4 different names?

Not a diddler or a mooch, no.

Can anyone tell me anything more specific about the number than that it's from South Carolina?

BUMP