bump

what a shitty flag

better than yours

>Catalan

Literally Spain's problem.

shut the fuck up mart

gabatxos

>gabatxos

>La Real Academia de la Lengua Española mantiene que la palabra proviene de gavach.1 Uno de los primeros usos registrados de este término fue en 1825. En julio de ese año, aldeanos de Cerdaña, que había sido dividida entre España y Francia a raíz del Tratado de los Pirineos de 1659, de ambas nacionalidades, se concentraron en Puigcerdá para celebrar festejos. Sin embargo, la celebración acabó en una matanza provocada por los españoles, que apalearon a los franceses mientras gritaban "¡mateu els gavach, han governat Espanya massa temps!" (en catalán, ¡matad a los gavachos, han gobernado España demasiado tiempo!). La palabra gavatx significaba extranjero en catalán, y era utilizado de manera peyorativa en la Cerdaña, especialmente en contra de los franceses.

best day ever

oppressors I guess

why? you mean the french catalans?

bump

as a catalan I will give my honest opinion:
Our borders are shet.
Spain: the country that solved every problem in catalonia using cannons
France. they took our land, that's not cool man, not cool.
Italy please, help us out.

>France. they took our land, that's not cool man, not cool.
just a bit of banter

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Catalonia

Not cool France, not coo.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Catalonia
It's not like we're the only country to ever conquer parts of another country, such is history.

Le Roussillon est français mon ami :^)

But you did anyway. That's it.

Speak in a non-vomitive lenguage mon ami

start first then.

I'm speaking in english and I usually speak catalan, one of the best fcking lenguages in the world.

A guy I know is catalan (from Perpignan), he told me that he dislike spanish catalan who are "rednecks" and he doesn't seem to want the independance of Catalonia.

>one of the best fcking lenguages in the world.
hahaha jordi, calm down

Are there even actual Catalans in Perpignan?

The city has probably more Algerians than ethnic Catalans.

>english
>non vomitive language
>retarded spanish
>non vomitive language
stop the delusion, it's not because the yanks and drug dealers use yours that it's better.

One respectful opinion

Why didnt you give to the Catalan the same treatment we gave to the Occitan ?

because : LA SIESTA !

Joaquín, nacido en Sevilla, viviendo en Barcelona desde que tengo 1 año. Creo que dada mi situación personal, soy bastante objetivo. De nada.

>Are there even actual Catalans in Perpignan?
Well, he sure is. He said sometimes, people told him "you can not know, you're not a real catalan" and he told me that it makes him mad as fuck because these guys are generally in Catalonia since 40-50 years when his family is there since at least 2 century.

""""""catalan"""""" trolls will come here and try to speak as if they are a unique people.

i prefer basques, they are trully unique.

I remember some of your guys wanted to ally with China to get independence by force

basques are only less shitskin spanish, racially basques are iberian, degrees of iberian dna varies between peoples living in the peninsula, Basques are 100% Iberian master race.

>"""""""""""""vASCOS"""""""""""""
>
>
>unique

(but yeah, they are more unique than catalans)

In the 16th century, the local charters provided the natives of the Basque Country with automatic status as hidalgos, giving them access to military and administrative careers. The reason for this was that, unlike other regions of Spain, they were considered to have no Moorish or Jewish origins.[11] Unlike other hidalgos who refused manual work as contrary to their honour (as seen in Lazarillo de Tormes), Basque universal gentry extended to the lowliest native worker.

They are the true super iber people.

are you another chicano?

Please translate, not everybody can speak your barbarous Occitan dialect.

Knowing those weird Occitans despise us is a good thing desu

>ywn be in the Royal Army killing some Catalan barbarians

kms

and now they are one of the most pro-refugee, multiculturalism and marxism people of Spain. Regional racial purity? in Spain? in 2016? the only unique thing that they have its their language

>ywn be part of the crusade against Cathar slaughtering thousands of Occitans and Catalans

>8
>20 000
holy shit

>During World War I, Cerdanya has been the place of an important smuggling trade in which horses and mules went from French to Spanish Cerdanya, before being sold to the French army

they produce the best electronic music in Spain

youtube.com/watch?v=trcz01fomPI

good ol' times

fuckers

Do you remember the battle that some French archers killed the Aragonese king while he was saying loud and clear "I'M THE KING"? if i remember well the catalans and aragoneses wanted to invade france but they got rekt

I think they were literally dead tired.

yea, it's that one

true... i appreciate basque contributions

That was a fun read the first time i saw it in wiki

Never 5get

>Catalonians always hoping someone else solve their problems.

Why cant we ever banter with you guys without you whining about it afterwards ?

Any Catalan, here?

I want to OPPRESS YOU

This is biased af just look the same battle in other languages

me too but with bombs

I always find it so amusing that we are so proud about this uprise when we got rekt in literally one day

Anyone else thinks that Catalan sounds more like Spanish-Portuguese than Spanish-French?
youtube.com/watch?v=w7mqfnW9Rnw

Actually, a simple soldier was dressed as the king, rekt by Alain de Roucy who thought "damn, their king is a n00b bitch lmao", so the (real) king shouted "No, gabacho ! It wasn't me ! I AM the king !" so Alain de Roucy killed him.

Here, you may enjoy this one. Was surprised when I was in Gdansk that the song of Solidarnosc was lifted from a catalan song.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y3xdau3dZFU

Also, all iberian languages are really similar. French has more similarities with catalan than with spanish, but it's easier for me to speak fake Portugese by mixing Spanish and Catalan than doing the same in French

Yes, it's a great song 2bh
youtube.com/watch?v=-YGS9vhmFS0

Catalan "g" is very similar to Portuguese

Ayyy XDD

>nacido en Sevilla
el gitANO

>Joaquín, nacido en Sevilla
TXARNEGOS FORA REEEEEEEEE

You guys are the worst cultural genociders btw. Are people spat on for speaking in dialect in big cities or something?

>Catalan "g" is very similar to Portuguese
True, we are also the only 2 languages that I know of to use Ç

Short answer: yes

Actually nevermind, french uses it too

YES xDxDxDxD

+ Turkish though for a different sound

Yeah. In french schools they are taught to make fun of people that speak languages that aren't french

>barbarous Occitan dialect.
To my knowledge that was Spanish (Castillan-kind) though.

Illes Balears represent

>The Catalan phonology varies depending on the dialect. Notable features include:[23]

>Marked contrast of the vowel pairs /ɛ e/ and /ɔ o/, like in other Western Romance languages, except Spanish.[23]
>Lack of diphthongization of Latin short ĕ, ŏ, like in Galician and Portuguese, and unlike French, Spanish and Italian.[23]
>Abundance of diphthongs containing /w/, like in Galician and Portuguese.[23]

Really makes me think.
Are Catalans Southern Galicians?
Or are Portuguese Western Catalans?

Pares, avis i besavis catalans. Xarnego ho seràs tú, amic meu.

Which dialect of Catalan is this song in, amics?

Is there any British influence left in Menorca ?

arr rook same

>youtube.com/watch?v=w7mqfnW9Rnw
Aquest tiu és de BCN. La cosa és que a bcn el català generalment es parla malament, a causa de la forta influència del castellà, que ha desenvolupat en un català bastant patétic sense accent. Aquest paio parla el català ben parlat de barna.
Dialectes del català jo diria que n'hi ha 3, el de Lleida, el de Barcelona i el del delta de l'ebre.

A little bit from what I can tell, although I'm not from Menorca m8. Gin and Tonics are still the local drink

I de Balears n'hi han moltes, L'eivissenc, el mallorqui i el menorqui

>speak Spanish and some French
>understand 90% of this

sí, perdó per no incloure els accents d'altres comunitats. Que després ens diuen imperialistes bla, bla, bla ( mira als valencians... ). Però sí, tens tota la raó del món.

>speak some Spanish and a bit of Italian
>understand 90% of this
that's because those languages are very close m8

Sorry m8, that's not Spanish or French, that's Catalan.

Tú, ''polaco''. Deja de abrir hilos haciendo ver que no eres español sobre españa. Que me da cancer ver eso constantemente, y da mucha pena.

ho sento

el PULACO

savage

don't cry pls

galicians are better desu

>fcking
hello newfriend

tfw breton catalan
tfw worse of both worlds

This man knows the truth

>Hay otro ibicenco en Sup Forums
Is this real life?