What's your opinion on Gorguts?

What's your opinion on Gorguts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UNckU2ZHxd8
youtube.com/watch?v=viPMwmLuKB4
youtube.com/watch?v=xJn-Xq94rkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Dream Theater of death meal.

fucking awesome. prime example of why music fans shouldn't dismiss extreme metal as a genre

The Bach of metal

If you see them live on this tour make sure to stand no more than 20 feet away. When he plays side 2 of the new Ep there are parts where he's playing stuff that isn't amplified or even on the record so it has to be heard acoustically directly from the guitar. Its to get some weird pedal effect I'm unfamiliar with.

The Gorguts of metal

metal that isnt for children

Really good.

dude what. I don't understand. How can there be an unamplified pedal effect. Moreover, how can you hear anything from an unamped guitar during a show. I doubt you would be able to hear one over drums even if you were standing right next to him.

its during side 2 when there's no drums just a bunch of spacey sounding shit.

the guitar chords and stuff are unamplified I dunno. Like he plays some chord and nothing comes out of the amp then a couple seconds later this totally different drone sound starts coming out.

I think he refers to ''amplified'' as ''distortion''. It's probably some delayed pedal effect. Nothing incredibly interesting.

Oh I think I understand now. That sounds really far out there

>I think he refers to ''amplified'' as ''distortion''.
no there is literally zero amplification until about a second or two later and what comes out sounds extremely different

but yeah apparently its just a delay pedal. I've just never heard it delayed that long. I've only heard it used as like reverb.

had you not heard it before?

great band and album, but this album is better. colin marston is a god
youtube.com/watch?v=UNckU2ZHxd8

the erosion of sanity is great, the first album is just good, everything after is a meme (albeit sometimes a good meme)

obscura is literally schoenberg metal

mfw its an old guy and not a hand

First two suck.
Obscure is awesome.
Haven't listened to the next one much.
Colored Sands is really great.
Pleaides' Dust is pretty good.

Captain Beefheart mixed with Korn

you take that back

I listened to Colored Sands and liked it. And I'm not much of a meal fan so kudos seriously

Would I like gorguts if the only meal I usually like is black metal and doom/sludge stuff? Not a huge fan of death/thrash stuff but I've heard obscura's really good

No dude what he does is he has a volume pedal and he plays a chord with the volume off and then he slowly brings the volume in. I was standing right in front of him i saw it

>First two suck.
have you even listened to them boy?
youtube.com/watch?v=viPMwmLuKB4
youtube.com/watch?v=xJn-Xq94rkM

oh cool thanks

Did he mess with his guitar knobs at all?

if you like dso you should like gorguts

considered dead is pretty much just standard death metal, erosion of sanity is when things start to get interesting

mind = blown

except it's not true at all

Yeah there was alot of that. Especially with the bass player. I dont know too much about guitar pedals so i cant tell you exactly what they did but they did something

It actually probably was a delay pedal and then he adjusted the volume on the guitar knob. Thats how it was done on a video I just watched.

I dunno it seemed so completely bizarre when I saw it live.

It sounds like jazz metal or something. Any albums similar to Obsucra?

*Obscura

>le music is a meme meme

Do you people even care about anything other than shitposting anymore?
Seriously...

bump

Wicked Innocence - Omnipotence is like proto-Obscura in a way. I'm sure Gorguts wasn't even aware of that album, but it's an interesting coincidence. There's also Deathspell Omega (Paracletus and Fas Ite... most notably) and Ulcerate for newer bands.

Thanks!