youtube.com/watch?v=n6pJ4PriGzQ
youtu.be/5KrAXgpet0s
youtube.com/watch?v=rfQmEIIkMFc
youtube.com/watch?v=2fINPW6FuUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>bretons
>speaking breton without a french accent

FRENCH'D

We're already celts, btw (but with all those germanic people, slavs, ar*bs and blacks...)

I wish we still spoke Gaulish instead of the vulgar Latin that they call French.

Yea...

>I wish we still spoke bastardized Celtified Greek instead of the vulgar Latin that they call French

too bad we were not united enough bix nood

Even French is a Germanic version of Latin, anyway.

Mont St Michel is norman btw faggots

meant to quote

>D'oscail mé an thread
>Thosaigh "níl sé mé fein" ag seinm

SUPRIM

>mở một cái thread
>có bài đăng nhắc đến "Đó không phải tôi"

Suprim' moi ça

Nantes n'est pas en Bretagne.

show us breton

youtube.com/watch?v=TInHeXCVXB0
Go to 4:45

sounds ugly
youtube.com/watch?v=n6pJ4PriGzQ

Leftist band...yuck.

this cutie is bretonne

youtu.be/5KrAXgpet0s

Have this song in Gaulish

youtube.com/watch?v=rfQmEIIkMFc

Well, it sounds cool but it isn't really Gaulish.

We will never know what is really was...feels bad

Fun fact: actually Gaulish and Latin resembled each other enough that the Romans, if they wanted to say something in the presence of Gauls that they couldn't understand, they would speak Greek to each other.

Also Gaulish was closer to Latin than to any of the modern Celtic languages.

Yet Romans looked down upon what they called a barbarous sounding language, a bit like you French-speakers view Dutch/Flemish.

If that's true, it might explain a Gallo-Roman hybrid language developing so quickly.

I don't think Dutch/Flemish sound "barbarous"

Also

>Gaulish sounded like Latin

ffs ;_;

My thoughts exactly. Gaulish lasted until the 6th century. It is generally thought that by then it was only spoken in the rural parts, the villages had long been Latinised.

Well, it is the general impression by the francophones that border us, but their patois has similar sounds that French-speakers had the same impression of (such as ch'ti, Walon)

As a side-note Walon although it has the most Germanic influences, 1% of word are derived from Gaulish.

youtube.com/watch?v=2fINPW6FuUw

The song I posted here
is reconstructed Gaulish. The band worked together with academics from a Swiss university to make it. It's as close as we'll ever get.

it would be cooler imo

My area all speak cornish as first language

Maybe we should all go back to our languages from antiquity, reconstruct them as much as possible like the jews did with Hebrew.

And take back the names of our countries from those days. We'd be good of course, but France would be Gaul again, the Dutch Germania Minor.

It would probably be gay, but still we get to roleplay like they do in the Balkans.

Isn't Cornish ded?

Why are celts so unsuccessful in preserving their language? Cornish is basically dead, Breton and Irish Gaelic are nearly dead, Scottish gaelic is on the way out, and Welsh is just barely relevant and hanging on by a thread.

Pic related is the Mother of Bavai (Bagacum Nerviorum, Belgis in pre-Roman days). It was a local cult but spread across the whole of Belgium, Southern Netherlands and the north of France.

In Zeeland (Sincfal) there was also a sea-diety cult called Hercules Magusanis, it was spread over the whole area that was associated with the Batavi.

The Batavi adopted the Gaulish language and some costums as late as the 3rd century AD, next to Latin. They were a Germanic people who migrated after splitting off from the Chatti (Hessen region in W-Germany). The epitheton Magusanus is clearly derived from Gaulish.

It is hard for a small language to manage itself when it is being cucked by a influencial one. And when the latter persecutes it actively it is even harder.

>celtic nationalists that don't even wear a kilt

Yet in South Africa there are a whole fuck ton of irrelevant languages and somehow they are still widely spoken.

Ah yes,the feeling of speaking a language so close to PIE

Welsh has half a million speakers compared to three million population. That's not hanging by a thread in my book.

Manx is pretty dead too, but consider that there're fewer than 100.000 Manx people, i think it's not as dead as Cornish.

The French and the English had active policies to kill the regional languages during the 19th century.

For example, someone who got caught speaking "patois" had to wear a sign around his neck and he could only remove it if he found another non-French speaker, then it was put around his neck.

The English used similar methods.

I assume that only happened in wallonia

Not at all, go speak to the Irish. And how do you think the French killed all their local languages in so short an amount of time? In the early 19th century only about 1/3 of the French population spoke French.

Also, Wallonia was still predominantly Walloon-speaking in the early 20th century.

>Hey lads let's try to reconstruct a language dead 1500+ ago
>Crappy rock

Celtic nationalists are the most retarded people ever.

>Bretons are literally Welshman that speak French

It sounds so frenchified, so fucking nasal.

I was referring specifically to Belgium in my post. I know about the barbarian french and the righteous u.k

:^)

I thought the last native Manx speaker died in the 1970s?

Never heard of that.
Also we don't discriminate duch language, they speak whatever they want why the fuck would we disregard them for this.

Not that much actually, vocals and tonic accents are different. For me it sounds fully barbaric.
This is frenchified :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPwETyPCwEs

There has been a small revival

Around 1930 1/3 of Walloons still spoke only Walloon. In Flanders both Flemish and French were spoken, French being dominating amongst the bourgeoisie and in the larger cities. But then again, that was already the case since the Middle Ages (aristocracy spoke French + southern Flemish regions were bilingual)

It was like that in the 19th century. I'm not talking about today. In fact today they are actively promoting local languages in French. In French Flanders I've heard the local Flemish dialect (which is very similar to our West-Flemish dialect) is now part of the school curriculum. Not Dutch, but the local dialect.

>In fact today they are actively promoting local languages in French*

in France

>Bretons will never join the UK

>*Cornish are litteraly Breton speaking English

thats what the english tell us