Why are Americans so obsessed with guns?

Why are Americans so obsessed with guns?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/3
crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/
freebeacon.com/issues/now-bureaucrats-guns-u-s-marines/
liveleak.com/view?i=c55_1456950696
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why is OP such an unoriginal faggot? Discuss

Because freedom you faggot

Guns are cool

They live in a violent society.

Because they save lives

Because we like having rights you foreign sack of shit

I dunno.. I mean, guns are kinda cool right? It's just that we have too many retards and mentally ill people with access to them. Even if you're not likely to go on a killing spree, accidents still happen.

Defined obsessed. Average American gun owners isn't "obsessed." It's either a hobby or a regular everyday thing. The media and liberals are the ones that are obsessed.

this is a question for and foreignfags wouldn't understand

Maybe he's genuinely jealous of our freedom, while he needs a permit for his butterknife?

Why are non American Eurocucks so fucking fixated on matters that don't affect them?

claims americans are obsessed with guns.. makes a threard about americans being obsessed with guns......

I wouldn't say that I'm obsessed. I Only have one rifle. I just like the taste of deer.

This

Because it is funny.

>Lives in the country with the highest rate of mass shootings in the world
>Says guns save lives
>Murica Logic

no fuck off. /k/ has enough shitposting eurokucks

This guy gets it

Gives us the ability to defend ourselves. all europeans can do about the migrants who are raping everyone is cry to a government who doesn't care about them.

Eurocuck being fed bullshit and eating it right up

Nice deflection, faggot. I guess intellectual dishonesty is part of your culture too.

Because some of us live in places where large animals exist that can tear your face off. Also, niggers.
You can't always rely on the police to save you. If you do you're dead in America.
Now stop crying about it.

Yea good thing American culture is staying the same while europe is being culturally enriched by the shit skins

>I took a picture of Fox News

>per one million people
>fox news
>lies

try per capita you pederast

Right along with enjoying freedom. We didn't hand all of ours over for a false sense of "security" like pussies.

The civilized world loves your ignorance. Mass shooting every day and you defend it with a list with Serbia on it.

>not fox
And even if it was does that make facts false?

You don't live here, so why the fuck do you care? Easy fix, don't come here. We don't want you here anyways.

>good thing

Yeah, except we've been infested with illiterate, stone-age barbarians for centuries.

nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/3

Read fact before spouting bullshit.
I particularly like the part about defensive firearms usage. Oh and btw? This is obamas gun study. The one no one knew about because the MSM is on a gag order from the federal govt because it proved the exact opposite of what Obama wanted it to prove.

>civilized
Well, i guess a police/nanny state would sorta be civilized.

Would you want to talk about your own shitty country if you weren't american?

It must be awful.

Hey, they had some fun this past week. Everybody's attention was focused on eurozone, that was a nice change of pace.

Yet you have less freedoms than a police/nanny state.

Because they are so obsessed with control.

Any MAN wants one and gets off the cool factor..
99.9999 percent dont envision killing people
>unless we have too

American here who is very much afraid of guns, and weapons in general.
Shit I won't even use my own hands as a weapon.
But just because I'm a pacifist doesn't mean other Americans should have to give up what they feel is ideal defense.
I do have an issue with the gun owners who berate others for not wanting one.
To each his own user.

>he has that one study waiting in the chamber
Proof?

Because fuck you op

Explain why you think that? Something? Anything? Tell me how we are less free?

More civilized than the NSA watching everything you do.

one shoots gays and the other shoots paper targets?

So if I own a gun, something that my country has defined as a right, then I'm obsessed? How about fuck you?

Because Guns are Fucking Awesome.....

Propane tank, Fire, Ar15 ..... Hillbilly fun Sup Forumsrah

The NSA is watching everyone

>he thinks the nsa just watches americans
Lol

Same reason Koreans love StarCraft. They just do. It's not really a history thing, most nations have violent pasts.

>Why are you so obsessed with guns?

>*sips fair trade organic faggot coffee*

Why are non-Americans so obsessed with Americans?

And that doesn't affect my rights one bit until the govt decides to infringe on said rights. They can watch me. I don't dindu. But if they arbitrarily make something illegal because of how it looks and not based on its function then yeah. I'd wish they hadn't seen me buy that lower reciever.

>per one million people
crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/

There is 351 mass shootings each day, a mass shooting has very different meanings in the 50 states, some count a mass shooting as long as someone has Shot a weapon towards a group of individuals, some count a mass shooting with atleast 3 injured, some count a mass shooting with atleast 3-4 dead. Given this data, Let's say all definitions were the 3-4 dea. In a country that has 300,000,000 people. That's only 0.00031% of the population who are dead via mass shootings each year AND THAT"S TAKING THE MOST LETHAL OF ALL DEFINITIONS AND ASCRIBING IT TO ALL 50 STATES.

the god given right to protect one's life and property demands that an individual be able to be equally equipped as those that would threaten his life and property.

you overestimated by about 353 mass shooting per year there bud( over the last 30 years or so)

this is why guns should be banned

>highest rate of mass shootings in the world
ok bud.

Muh freedom

Becuz guns r cool I'm also edgy as fuk

The govt doesn't have weapons. The military does. And they've all sworn oaths to defend the constitution. Not the govt

From what I understand most gun related deaths are from suicide.
Which is an enormous problem in our society. We should probably put more into evaluating the mental health of gun owners periodically.

Employment law, healthcare, housing market, policing, education, welfare, utilities. I don't need a study when i can look at the facts.

That's funny because liberals are all about advocating for assisted suicide

Oh yeah, because it isnt like the us military has ever lost a war to men with just rusty ak 47s lol

>Let's level an entire city street to kill someone with an AR15
Yup, great way to get people on your side
>Implying the average soldier will attack and level neighborhoods where his friends live

The girl on the left is doing it for attention. The girl on the right is doing it to defend her nation.

It's way edgier to hate on America

You just listed everything America has, good job?

I can totally understand why.
Guns are fun as fuck.
Not that that's a good reason to get people killed, but I understand.

Not to mention the majority of gun deaths are from niggers

Why are you so obsessed with Americans?

no longer true. the bureaucracy is now more armed than the Marines. their oath allies them with the politicians

freebeacon.com/issues/now-bureaucrats-guns-u-s-marines/

>I don't need a citation just take my word for it.
Kek

How many of these are from legal purchases though?

What difference does it make?

I don't know that. But most criminals get their guns from friends or family, straw purchases or theft

liveleak.com/view?i=c55_1456950696

Assisted suicide is a little different. In that circumstance I believe advocates say there would need to be meetings with a psychologist and doctors to ensure it is the right decision for them.
Which is different from a drunk guy who fell into depression remembering the pistol in his closet and blowing his head off over temporary hurt.

So infringing on the rights of the earners so the lazy can get a free shake at life is more freedoms? Here you have the freedom to be lazy and suffer for it. Or the freedom to get off your ass and earn a living. Completely free to do whatever you want. Nobody's gonna stop you. But you can't expect to be handed something you didn't work for.

Only replying because dubs,

Why are Euros so afraid of guns? Is it because you all used to be Nazis and you can't trust yourself around them? Seriously, why so afraid?

Not this

dubs speak

number 1 state in the world

forged of war

So does the rest of first world countries. They just do it better.

Federal agencies don't count for what I said. And the state, county, and local police are on our side too. The oath hasn't changed. That article doesn't address that. Also "freebeacon"? We're gonna need better sources next time.

All of it, people say that the problem is that guns are easier to buy in the US, if most of the homocides are from illegal purchases then that kills that argument

to shoot people like you OP

It does when you're talking about banning or making laws.

Still shouldn't be lumped into gun crime when discussing banning or legal ownership. It needs to be dealt with with utmost sencerity but this isn't the place to have that conversation

I dont think huge waits, and low paid professional staff makes your healthcare better. Or any of that stuff. It seems like a lot of red tape nonsense.

I think the idea behind that argument is that guns are easily purchased legally, and are easily resold illegally.

Define illegal purchase.

It doesn't matter. There are half a billion unregistered guns in the US. It is literally impossible to prevent anyone in the country from arming themselves.

this is the first graph i have ever seen that labels hispanics as 'white'

I pay to see my doctor and I'm met with the highest possible standard of care because of it.

Why do peple that work 40-50 hours a week not have mandatory paid leave in the land of the free?

Because they're fun as fuck and useful if you need to kill criminals

Witnessed.

USA is a country birthed in conflict and violence. Guns are innately American. To be American is to love guns, that's all there is too it. Many non-Americans, or commies, just don't understand this.
Kind of like how nobody can seem to understand why OP is such a faggot.

Honestly,we muricans cant get rid of them so I got a gun aswell in case shit happens. Sure , I'll most likely be dead or unable to act but hey,who cares. It makes me feel secure I guess?

In any country, if someone wants a gun they aren't going to be stopped by a law