/balt/

なぜそのくそ黄色いサルはこんなに難しい言語を作ったのか?

外人に学ばせたくないのか?

外は手書きだとちょっと違う字になる

>ガンジー
Fucking Katakana

What is the problem sir

ドンマイ

It's "Gandhi", apparently. Kept thinking it was "Ganji" and had no idea what it meant.

i heard he was mad america got to nuke japan before he could

Can somebody suggest me a hella epic Japanese community full of irony and retards?

Don't say 2ch or Futaba. Those places are pretty much Reddit.

I feel like my Japanese would improve much faster if I actually talked to interesting people. Everybody I meet online is too polite and just posts pictures of their food.

nico nico douga?

I don't like videos. They're a hassle.
I would rather just use text.

Listen here punk, you have a choice. Do the work, or don't. Laziness and procrastination are completely irrelevant. You CHOOSE. You choose to do the work, or you choose not to. If you choose not to, you're done, get out of here. If you choose to do the work, then a schedule will keep you in the flow. DON'T BREAK THE CHAIN!

How the H*CK am I supposed to tell the difference between 鈍い and 鈍い.

To the guy who said he did the 14 day cram a few days back. Thank you. After doing the 7 day cram I'm seeing really good results and after a full month of this I'll post before and after.

Important to know is that a few things are happening. First, the total amount of time I spent studying is less, even with the cram. Before, learning 10 new cards a day took around an hour with reviews, now, with reviews+10 cards+cram, it's 45 minutes. This alone is a huge, huge motivator for me. I do the 7 day cram at the start of my day or evening, then the reps in the late night and it takes less time. I think spacing cram and review is important.

My daily reps went from 150~ cards before to 90~ cards today. Retention rate has gone from 70% to 85%+. Also, in 6 days of the one week cram, the interval peak has shifted from 3 days to 5 days, and I expect it to shift further with more time. This is after a month of study with 1 day cram here and there to the 7 day cram method. Lastly, relearn count has dropped to 1/8th of what it was the days prior.

After a month of this I might consider increasing the cram past 7 days and cranking up new words to 20. Thanks again to that user (I think you had a JP flag). Peace out.

lol I'm right here lad
Glad it worked for you

What is this "cram" method?

In Anki there's a "review forgotten cards in the past n days" option
I always wrap up my studies by reviewing everything I got wrong in the last two weeks. Found it helped a bit

We apes cheer you.

who are you and why do you want me to learn japanese

hes an anime who wants him to join you

don't you mean "wants you to join him"?

english is hard

no.

巨乳を持っている日本語先生が欲しい

Does that say

>You too
>Japanese
>Dekiru - Doesn't that mean "to be good at"?

don't you need a desu at the end there. that dekiru is unconjugated so that's literally saying "you too, japanese, be good at".

>Does that say
No.
>Doesn't that mean "to be good at"?
No.
>don't you need a desu at the end there
No.
>that dekiru is unconjugated so that's literally saying "you too, japanese, be good at".
No.

jisho.org/search/できる

4. to be good at; to be permitted (to do)Usually written using kana alone

Fuck off. It does mean to be good at, and that’s the meaning in Anki’s 6k core deck for it.

You only NEED です after な adjectives and nouns.
です never goes after verbs.

You're pretty damn stupid aren't you

youtube.com/watch?v=d_T1StgldnM

ここ好き

kek come back when you got more than 5 cards lmao

> Not even 1% mature
> already attention whores for motivation

You're not gonna make it

You can do Japanese, too!

A literal translation.

>人力車なんて初めて乗ったな… きつくないかい?
Help with translation. What mean "nante" and " きつくない"?

なんて is a very colloquial term. As Tae Kim puts it, it's a lot like the English "like". As in, "That's like, really cool".
きつくない is just the negative of きつい

「帰る」と「返る」の違いは何?

>just finished studying 400 cards
>anki spit new ones right after

just shoot me right now

i need a break. what do you guys usually do when taking a break inbetween anki reps? maybe namasensei and tae kim would be a good detour

>きつい
In the context of transport this meaning "uncomfortably"? Because I have not found a suitable meaning.

one is going home the other one is going back to the original state/condition

jisho.org/word/きつい

Ok I think I get it now, thanks

One more question, is 帰る interchangable with 戻る then?

Hmm, hard, intense, severe, formidable, forceful, strong, determined, tight, close.
What choose?

戻る is more like going back, which doesn't have to be your place, but I guess you could say it under some circumstances

Danke Schön

Oh fuck. Nip girl wants to voice chat with me tonight

Ohfuckohfuckohfuck

this is worse than the JLPT. i'm going to totally fuck this up. any expressions i should know?

中出しの喜び

this is all you need

no expressions , but i believe in you , you can do it

あんたのマンコどんな匂いがする?

Holy shit, I have never seen an Anki chart this red.

What the fuck, Australia.

>using anata on a girl that isnt your girlfriend

well that could imply that you mean want to get it seriously

帰る is 'to come back'.
返る is usually used as a second verb for example 生き返る(to come alive again).
還る has an abstract broad meaning for example 自然に還る(to return to nature).

And? What choose?

It should be obvious. Which words do you think are most likely to be correct?

>Which words do you think are most likely to be correct?
I don't know. I would not ask if I knew.

Oh, i got it

蘇る is how i wake up every morning

How the fuck do I know whether "un" (yes) or "uun" (no) is being said in a manga?

They prolongate the U in BOTH cases, there is always a ー or a ~ and I have to infer by context.

うん yes
ううん no
うーん hmm

Never before did I think that needed a literal translation. あなたは日本語ができない。

I know this is late but when I'm flustered I generally listen to English music to calm down for 20-30 minutes. Good calming down music is September by Earth Wind & Fire

Does 駄目にする always have negative connotation or is it dependant on context?
I've seen a video named 君が私を駄目にする in which I'm unsure whether it means you spoil me or you mess me up
There's also another one named 人間を駄目にするノート

I can't stand doing Anki.

Why not just sit down?

People of Japan, what is your opinion on your prime minister?

he is so cucked that he was willing to visit stupid memorials for propaganda and Americans and to state a regret of ww2 in Hawaii

but general people don't give a fuck about it

Thanks, I will try to notice if this pattern applies in every case.

結構強い地震だったね
大丈夫かな

Seriously. Japs need to stand up for their individual liberties.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how to improve my listening skills?

I've listened to way more shit in Japanese than read if you factor in anime with english subs, yet my listening skills are still garbage. I've tried listening to podcasts and radio shows but it doesn't seem like I'm improving much.

What do you think of your royalty?

subs2srs

Stop reading and start watching Drama with Japanese subs instead

>I've listened to way more shit in Japanese than read if you factor in anime with english subs

Unless your listening skills are quite good, that's worth almost nothing. Like, it's equivalent to 1/100th of the time in terms of intensive listening.

You're me except I'm trying to improve my English listening skills. Shit almost feels impossible. I'm currently trying the listening to twitch streamers method but I'm not even sure if it's doing any good.

Got any recommendations? I prefer lighthearted stuff but I don't mind a bit of drama either.

10000 hours of anime, no shortcuts

2016 is almost over
How much have you learned over the past year?
What is the biggest mistake you made?
Are you できない?
Some songs are sometimes slow which will help you read. youtube.com/watch?v=vO_dO3mMboQ Is an example of a song being sang slowly

Not really I just watched anime which I enjoyed more but aren't really as good in terms of listening practice.

Also for extensive listening podcasts are great, but if they are too hard and you barely understand anything, you can kind of get something midway between extensive and intensive listening by watching things that have Japanese subs, but not pausing.

>How much have you learned over the past year?
Not much
>What is the biggest mistake you made?
Didn't do any actual study and only read like 100 hours worth
>Are you できない?
Only when it comes to kanji

I did watch around 1000 hours of anime tho

I started learning Mandarin
Pretty much nothing

Almost 100% of what I know now. I only knew kana and pronunciation (which is baby-easy) before.
Wasting 5 to 7 years not taking learning seriously and just weebing my way through katakana cognates.
>Are you できない?
Not anymore. By the end of 2017 I'll be producing and consuming Japanese well enough to understand and be understood in any subject.
By the end of 2018 I will be effortlessly communicating. Not fluent, just advanced.

how about 店

Neocities sites aren't loading for me. Anyone else having this problem? I keep getting pic related when trying different neocities sites. Their homepage works just find.
Also, I found this mega page bookmarked:
mega:///#F!Dwd2TJIZ!p3o66BOnFLbkrFHFHldjrw
Are any of those stuff from the missing content page?

Nothing.
Thinking I could improve this year.
>Are you できない?
Not really, but I'm still less than fluent.

Working fine here. Same thing happened a while ago, seems to be an issue with Neocities regional servers or something like that.

Well that's a big gay.
Oh well.

I just watched 30 minutes of tv and only mined 7 words

Does this mean I'm in upper middle intermediate hell now?

>droning through a core deck
>get stuck juggling between three short hiragana terms with grammatical function; なお, ほぼ, & いずれ
>none of their meanings are sinking in so I just keep hitting Again
This keeps happening and I hate it.

いずれ覚えられるよ

嘘、できないのはほぼ確定だし、なおのこと諦めた方がいい

[spoiler]Anyone here going to comiket?[/spoiler]

How many cards do you guys do a day?
I'm just starting and I tried doing 15 cards/day, but I feel like I should be doing more.

Any advice?

I'm and I'm doing 25/day.
Getting Core6K done in a year is a solid target no matter what level of language study you're at, so assuming you don't miss any days you'll want to up that to at least 16-17. I do 25 because I'm actually re-starting my studies after a long absence, so I remember a bit- but once my retention starts dropping off I might decrease that to (no lower than) 20/day.
Once I hit the 2000 word mark, around 3 months, I'll start mining vocabulary from simple reading materials.

At the moment I'm also reading through Tae Kim and doing Remembering the Kanji at 1 lesson per day, which I should finish around the same 3-month mark. And when I've finished Tae Kim I'll start on the DoJG deck, just to fill time until I begin reading.

I'm a beginner though, and slightly dimwitted/remedial, so take my study plan with a pinch of salt; if you're smart you can easily get by without RTK and grammar supplementation.

Try asking over /jp/, the official board for normalfags to meet up and drink beer at the pretense of sharing niche culture.

This here is a thread for true and pure connoisseurs of Niponic entertainment, appreciated from a safe distance.

nhk.or.jp/kokokoza/tv/basiceng/

Assuming you can study for 60-90 minutes most days, I would say do 20 while you are still spending a lot of time on grammar and struggling with wrapping your mind around kanji, then try to boost it up to 30 after a month or 2

But the real answer is: as many as you can without your retention going to shit.

I went to use subs2srs but then I realized it copies the whole sentences/phrases rather than single words. I don't really want to enter phrases into my anki so I guess I'll just have to watch normally and look stuff up

>and doing Remembering the Kanji at 1 lesson per day
You're going to be thrown through the rapids with that as some of the lessons can have a dozen or so kanji while other lessons can have more than triple that. From memory the 糸 lesson has over a 100 kanji in it.
It won't be boring at least.

>enter phrases

you realize you don't have to type anything for anki right? SRS with audio sentences is highly effective for quickly acquiring the language and actually being able to listen.