Movies that don't deserve the shit they get

>movies that don't deserve the shit they get
It was a fun film for kids who played the Super Mario games.

It's shit.

You're shit.

>Bob Hoskins took the secret of the ending with him to the grave

Even the kids that played the Super Mario games didn't like it what are you talking about

I was in elementary school when it came out, and I loved it. So did my friends. In fact, two of them dressed up as Mario and Luigi from this movie for Halloween (one of their dad's came up with a neat way to make the boots).

Except it had nothing to do with the movie and had more to do with Nintendo of America trying to look cool, which 25 years later they still haven't.

i thought it was an interesting interpretation of the game's world

You and your friends are plebs and always have been

Yep, and I had a lot of fun liking it.

How much fun do you have being a bitter butthole about everything in life?

It's pretty much alt art of Super Mario before alt art was a real thing.

Godzilla 1998.

It's not great or anything. But it is a fun movie and it's not like the Japanese Godzilla movies are amazing. It's an entertaining disaster flick.

>It's an entertaining disaster flick.
Exactly. It's basically "what if Godzilla was a disaster flick" which makes sense considering how popular disaster movies were at the time.

Its really fun but youd need to be the exact right audience at the exact right time (a young kid)

the nerd older gen x'rs were too 'high brow' for the childishness but had grown up with mario

so the audience was so small, even then it wasnt really a kids 'kids' movie either, you had to be a bit of a weird Sup Forums kid to enjoy dinosaur fucking and stuff

but i liked it, ill rewatch it and see how i feel 20 years on

Suckerpunch, its stylish and i like the covered songs

Fucking hell, i've been living under a rock. I didn't know he died. Way to ruin mothers day you asshat.

>Its really fun but youd need to be the exact right audience at the exact right time (a young kid)
Yep. They knew who wanted to see it and made a movie for that audience.

Thanks for reminding me about mother's day. I don't live in the US any more so it's hard to remember these things for me.

super marios bros came out in 1985, this movie in 1993/95 i forget

that's a huge amount of time, there's no kids left who saw the release of SMB ~10 years later

it shouldve been targetted more to young adults, which I think it did, but it was more childish than young adult in many places

>it shouldve been targetted more to young adults
No. In the 90's, it was not acceptable like it is now for older people to like and watch kiddie shit.

Kids who were 10 when Mario first came out had moved beyond Mario by the time the movie was coming out. Meanwhile, Super Mario World was huge among kids when the movie came out. They were smart to target those kids, and not futilely chase an audience that had long discarded Mario as kiddie shit.

But the bulk of the audience who recognise mario would be older having grown with the product

The kids would enjoy it sure, but youve just alienated the biggest reason to make the movie (recognition)

Uh, little kids in the 90s recognized Mario.

The teenagers and older had no interest in a Mario movie in the 90s. The only adults who'd go see it were the parents of children.

Times were different back then and people actually grew the fuck up. Now adults play with toys and watch superhero films and that's normal, but it wasn't always so.