Should I learn Spanish or Catalan?

Should I learn Spanish or Catalan?

>Catalan

no such thing

fuck off britshit

Catalan, we're more white and more European culturally.

stop posting estupido polaco.

Basque

Basque Country - Best economy, best landscape, best enterprise

Basques >>>>>>>>>> others

This, learn euskera.

>learning a made up language
don't do this

Spanish but if you want to speak dead languages i recommend classical latin, it would be more useful than catalan

>Catalan
>language that absolutely NO ONE speaks except for a region in ASSpain and even there Castilian is spoken everywhere

just as useful as latin

spanish is such an ugly language
thanks god and portugal we speak portuguese, the second most beautiful language

I wish catalan was our official first language for the whole country instead of Spanish, Catalan sounds objectively better.

do this and lose your brain and time, its better learn nothing

One problem is there aren't many textbooks for Catalan

sorry

But the Catalans will surely appreciate the effort I invested in learning the language

how can you learn nothing, dumb spanish man?

>But the Catalans will surely appreciate the effort I invested in learning the language
if you want to suck scatalan dick ok

Do you want to learn together, el Polaco? I am open to learning: Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan, French, Italian and Romanian

stop pretending you're polish you catalonian scum

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Breton.

Spanish & Catalan first
Portuguese later
What do you think?

French is shit
Italian just no
>Romanian

Pero soy el polaco verdadero

Spanish is good for tens of millions of people in several countries
Catalan is only good for a few million people in one region of a single country

What if there are muh heritage Catalans in South America?

>What do you think?
OK. Cuando podemos empezar?

Hoy, estoy estudiando en esto momento

learn portuguese and come to my country, i'll happily receive you here
also, portuguese is far prettier than spanish and there are huge polaco's communities here

>Hoy, estoy estudiando en esto momento
Santa Maria de la Soledad. K recursos utiliza?

inútil llengua que només seriveix per parlar amb la fornera, no siguis bobo i aprén una llengua més estesa

Aula Internacional 1
Jacek Perlin "Mała gramatyka języka hiszpańskiego"

I'm Catalan.My gut feeling is that foreigners who learn Catalan are cringeworthy and trying too hard to fit in.

Learn Spanish first and learn Catalan later if you still feel like it.

>learning Catalán
if you're going to live in Catalonia then yes

Hol up buddy!

I agree with the best economy, best enterprise and great people and landscapes however, the best landscape goes to Galicia amigo. Also, galician culture is simply amazing

fair enough

>Spanish is good for tens of millions of people in several countries
Spanish is good for hundreds of millions of people m8.

well OP, Jordi is right

Basque women are famously ugly

Galician

Real men learn asturian

I know you're trying to correct him on his grammar but people use double negatives all the time.

Here is an example of one you might be more acquainted with: you don't know shit so shut the fuck up.

THIS

Joan/Pablo/Marta/Nuria/Bernat/Aleix/Alba/Oriol/Jordi here is just being a cunt. I've been to Catalunya hundreds of times and the people love me there for speaking to them in Catalan rather than Spanish.

you should learn Aranese

like ssseriously

See, it's people like you I was talking about. The Brit who thinks he's totes integrated because he walked into a bar and managed to produce a "Bawn deeya, booldreya oon caffay am llayt pair favowr"

There certainly IS a toxic class of Catalans who are interested in teaching Pakis, Sikhs and Moroccans a few words of Catalan and parade them on September 11 as "nous catalans", but I'm not one of them. Gwonam can go suck a dick.

No one says "bawn deeya" you numpty.

It's people like you, the Catalan who wants to be segregated from the rest of the world because you have absolutely no long-term vision and probably believes in the right-wing shit your daddy spouts that's making Catalunya look like a negative place to outsiders.

>No one says "bawn deeya" you numpty.

Kek, I bet that's exactly how you pronounce it, Nigel

>It's people like you, the Catalan who wants to be segregated from the rest of the world because you have absolutely no long-term vision and probably believes in the right-wing shit your daddy spouts that's making Catalunya look like a negative place to outsiders.

Sure, ethnic Catalans are already a minority in Catalonia but let's not get too worked up about it, we don't want to make Catalunya look like a negative place now, do we?

>brit going to catalonia hundreds of times
>people love him
i'm out of this thread, it's too much for me

t. Oriol Cacanet

Please leave the EU and become "independent".

Good luck differentiating the pronuciation between "though, thorough, through, although, thought, plough, rough and cough" too, hombre.

>ethnic Catalans
What are you on about, catalan is not an ethnicity

>plough, rough and cough
Aren't these pronounced the same?

>and more European culturally.

This is what sececucks actually believe.

Spanish

No, they aren't.

They are pronounced plow, ruff and coff (long o)

Could we send you our Pakis once we're out?

Right? Everybody knows that Africa starts in the Pyrenees

Plough is "plow", rough is "ruff" and cough is "coff".

Leader of the main catalonian independentist party

>Catalan existing
>polish education

Leader of the main unionist catalonian party

that is incorrect though

spanish is a dead language
learn arabic or chinese

Ciutadans are a cancerous political party though, regardless of whether you're a unionist or a separatist. They're pure concentrated cuckservatism with a heapin' helping of buenismo on top.

yea, it's even more than tens of millions. spanish has the second largest number of native speakers, more than english, and plenty who know it as a second language

People shouldn't learn a language because of "muh numbers" though. I can speak Spanish but I actively avoid interacting with 85% of the Spanish-speaking world. Most Mandarin speakers are peasants and there are a whole lot of niggers and poos inflating figures for English and French.

Do it for the films, the literature, the art, the stuff you actually enjoy, not to enter le ebin global club

You don't know nothing. Simplified it for you.

how will I browse dank /lat/ memes otherwise

why would you want to learn a crappy variant of Valenciano?
this

Spanish, nobody speaks Catalan

this

Why would you learn Catalan? What benefit would there be?

Learn Portuguese, people actually speak that.

>Spanish or Catalan
How different are they?
Are they intelligible?

Honestly polan, if you learn one you'll learn the other. It's just how it works in the Latin languages. Like how Mexicans can pick up Brazilian Portuguese.

Be serious about one and slowly familiarize yourself with the other.

delet this, designated shitting room cleaner

>on nezna taljanski
Mi ga imamo kao predmet

Learn portuguese

Learn the one that you find more exciting.

If you are into linguistics, Catalan is an exotic language with many interesting features, but it will probably be harder to learn, as it is more difficult per se and there are less resources.

Also, of course you know that Spanish is a much more useful language to learn (and that Catalans speak Spanish as well). Other than that, the grammar isn't that surprising, specially if you already know other romance language.