CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Falls Short Of BATMAN v SUPERMAN On Thursday Evening

>comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/captain_america_civil_war/box-office-captain-america-civil-war-a141374

>CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR Falls Short Of BATMAN v SUPERMAN On Thursday Evening

>Civil War dropped harder than fucking BvS

JUST

>marveldrones and evans poster nowhere to be found

Wow. Doesn't it have a 95% fresh score?

How did batman v superman, the worst superhero movie in decades (according to critics) beat civil war?

But which movie had more hilarious one-liners?

Checkmate DC

>Marvel's first Phase 3 movie is off to a strong start. However, it couldn't quite top Batman v Superman's haul

Jesus, it must be like a 75% drop.

>A Captain America movie had less presales than Batman versus fucking Superman
Wow I'm shocked

>DCucks baiting this hard

SvB started dropping hard after the first week. Even then if you read your the article you linked you would see it's only a 2 million difference; 27 vs 25 which is hardly a big difference.

Come back a month later to compare sales retards.

>Brooklyn
>Remember star wars
>Orange slices
>I don't care he killed my mom

What else am I missing?

>To put that into context, Captain America: The Winter Soldier earned only $10.2 million back in April 2014
it will be fine

is this the beginning of the end for capejoints

B-b-but muh Spidey

Because it's fucking Batman vs Superman you retard. No matter how much critics pan it, people will watch it on the opening week.

It's like if Half Life 3 was released and it turned out to be complete dog shit. You wouldn't be like "Weow guys, how did this do so well in preorders compared to Witcher 3 which was game of the year?"

Do they mention BvS releasing pre-holidays? Doesn't that drive up markets for you guys?

Tell that to Duke Nukem Forever snapped neck

civil war had actual competition, bvs was against nothing and still failed

i disliked both movies tho

but BvS was very heavily front loaded because of all the nerds going to see it. the opening thursday evening showings it made simlar to AoU and more than IM3. it still made significantly less than those movies.

>BvS beat all ticket pre-sales records
>People surprised that CW didn't beat it
The real numbers will come after 2nd week drop in NA, and also the movie has not opened in China

>Spiderman
>Ironman
>Black batman
>Captain America
>Black widow
>Bucky
>The rest of the avengers

Aren't they all more popular than superman and batman?

I'm shocked.

If we count every hero then BvS had: Aquaman, WW, Batman, Superman, Cyborg, El Flasho and Robin

>Aren't they all more popular than superman and batman?
No? Spider-man is the only one that even comes close.

What other movie came out moron?

comparing a movie that had a world wide release to a movie that hasnt open in every country yet

do you care how much the film makes or the quality of the film?

why does Sup Forums obsess so hard over the economics of the film industry?

>Green Room
>Keanu
>Jungle Book

iron man is the most popular superhero today

BvS did very good its first weekend and people were predicting an AOU tier box office but then it sank like a stone after that because it sucked.

>all these qts touching this scrawny beta faggots

Not fair, i have a chiseled body and i can't score women this cute

>batman is a blond manlet
>captain america is a black-haired jew

Also their bitches are the best.

We haven't even gotten through the first weekend. Wtf is this nonsense?

Hi, I don't like capeshit movies that much, but I actually believe this 100%, marvel pays reviewers.
Have a nice day, please upvote.

The movie is actually shit, though. RT doesn't mean anything, BvS showed us that.

I've got half a dozen friends who watched this movie abroad. None of them liked it. The plot is convulted, Spider-man feels forced, Black Panther is boring.

So I've been on Reddit for about 7 years now. I'm a moderator on several popular boards, including /r/Sup Forums. I will try to give you guys an unbiased, objective outlook.

Reddit's main problem is its karma system. It encourages users to post content which the majority will agree with rather than something that may be controversial (but still contributes to the conversation). Because of this, most communities become predictable and boring.

This is the lifespan of a submission on your average default subreddit:

- 1 minute in: your submission will most likely be downvoted into obscurity. The reason behind this isn't necessarily because your submission sucks, but there are other people who just made submissions and are downvoting every other new submission in an attempt to have theirs noticed quicker.

- 10 minutes in: if you managed to survive this far, your submission may start picking up steam. You'll see the first comments start to roll in. They will be mindless, vapid, and generic things like "omg i spit my coffee out after seeing that!" The reason there is no effort put behind them is that they want to be the first to post before everyone else. The sooner you post, the more likely your comment will be seen and upvoted.

- 3 hours in: whoever managed to comment first on your submission will now be the highest voted comment, regardless of how little it contributed to the conversation. Since your submission will have so many comments at this point, more people will start replying to the top comments. The reasoning behind their comment will likely be noticed quicker, leading to more karma for their account. These replies are just as vapid as the original comment. Pun chains are very common. Remember: as long as they get that reply before other people, they're more likely to get upvotes.

- anything afterwards: barely any comments are posted, because why even bother? Their comment won't be seen under the mass of thousands of other posters.

unlike dcucks, we have jobs and its a workday.
dont worry, when i get home i will unleash my evans folder

What? The movie has been out for like 2 weeks

chicks dig capeshit

you know what to do

people never predicted an AoU tier box office for it, especially after the negative audience reactions and shit reviews.

The Holy trinity of most well known heroes goes as follows (in no specific order):

>Batman
>Spiderman
>Superman

These are literally the most well known heroes ever. Everyone just outside this ranking was mostly known because of the Movies.

Don't worry pal, I'll give you a (you)

Not really, he's the most popular hero in movies, in comics he's not even close to others (Althought comics is not an important market anymore), in toys, licensing and merchandise, the trinity (Spidey, Bats and Supes) are still ahead of him, and trust me the real money comes from toys and licensing.

Ahahaha

Jungle Book and Zootopia, Zootopia is still number 1 in many countries. In Japan Detective Conan generic movie #46 just beat Zootopia and CW, but Detective Conan is like Japanese Simpsons-

Not to normies. Batman and Superman are the definitive normie superheroes; Spiderman is a close third but still doesn't come close

And the movie was still a colossal failure.

no one gives a shit about comics though

iron man movies bring in 1b+

It doesn't matter anyway.
JW only made around 18m on thursday but its opening weekend and total gross made BvS looks like a dogshit.

>come back in a few days
>No, a few weeks
>NO! A few months

Where's the Evans poster now?

Let me back you up for now.

DKEKS BTFO

lol @ all this marvelfag damage control
>b-but superman and batman have more recognition, even though marvel has been shoving their superheroes in everyone's face since 2008

DELETE THIS

and not a single one of them got laid that night

thanks senpai

>Spiderman is a close third but still doesn't come close
>is close
>doesn't come close

BvS opened in all markets at once. CW is only just now opening in America.

>Black batman
>Bucky

These aren't serious super hero names are they?

>and not a single one of them got laid that night
or before or after that ever

>We have jobs
No you don't.

>the only thing DCfags can say to try and defend BvS is opening night sales
>they think the fact that a title with Batman and Superman fighting in it drawing audiences is somehow a measure of success
>meanwhile BvS is universally panned by critics, the audience is divided in liking it or not, Affleck literally went in to depression on screen because even he knew how bad it was

This is just sad.

>3 of those are from quippers in the comics
>one is a name of a city
>one is trying to get revenge for his moms death
Q..uips?

Cry harder.

>opening your movie in the middle of the NHL playoffs

ISHYGDDT

NOBODY CARES ABOUT 1.JPG TAKING ON THE EVANPOSTERS

dckeks fucking wrecked

This doesn't look good

>all these marveldrones making excuses

DC wins yet again

Captain America is just the most unlikable guy. Should have just called it Iron Man.

>b-but who cares about Marvel's capekino we have Six Flags shirts and superman thongs!

>not getting Joss 'The Boss' Whedon to direct it

The Boss would have decimated BvS.

Whedon really shit the bed with the whole Hulk/Widow stuff but damn does he know what he's talking about.

#1 bros, where we at?

If spudermans so popular, why is Civil war underperforming?

You guys are retarded. Chances are people will see it again and it wont have as huge of a dropoff like bvssuper did.

DELETE THIS

This image is bs posted for years by idiots and children too wowed by primary colors and clipart to actually click the source links

Paying for bvs the sneaking in to watch Civil War today

I'm so hyped!!

>One was the two biggest heroes in the world
>On a week many people had off
>Yet each of those advantages only got an extra million

Autism.

Saw it last night. Going to see it again today. Will probably see it at least one more time.

DCucks

Did that last night pham.
I ain't giving disney any cash

>bvs is still in theatres
trying to pull a fast one are you?

Hated the movie
Love Daisy

Shhhh. Stop adding logic

I've convinced 23 of my friends not to watch civil war.

But we watched deadpool and bvs. Will watch x-men and skwd.

>The Hollywood Reporter mentions that many analysts expect an eventual $1.4 billion haul
Nothing to see here folks, just the usual shitposting from the fine folks at Damage Control Entertainment.

>23 of my friends
>Implying

>dcuck has 23 friends
funniest shit ive heard all morning

This is now an Evan thread

Source: Mt ass

Did you find all that capposting...
problematic?

>MCuck is illiterate

Lel

>No thanks

you say you have 23 friends, i imply you dont have 23 friends. what did i miss senpai, please enlighten me

>Chris Pratt isn't leading man material
>Guardians was a fluke, he can't handle a movie by himself
>Jurassic world is going to flop, there's no market for it
Lol

This thread's pretty dumb. Personally, I expected BvS to not only have a higher RT score, but to smash the 1b mark at least. It had a lot of momentum going for it, and I think it's natural that people took to it in its opening week as it had little to no competition. I don't think its opening strength has ever come into question.

The stamina, though, was definitely a surprise. Seeing it drop in sales that fast, and the negative word of mouth circulated by sites like Rotten Tomatoes was just unexpected. I don't think even Man of Steel, a movie I didn't like in any way, got cock blocked that hard.

The flip side is Marvel's movies do have stamina, and while milestones on the opening week are great for publicity, studios care more about total hauls. Who wouldn't?

Daily reminder that the Evans poster IS the cunnyposter and a literal cuck.

>this is now a "let's deflect our movie bombing against BvS with shitposting" thread

Fuck ofg.

Mackiebro here. I got yo back, cap