Small towns in ur cunts

ITT we post random small towns in our countries, and give some facts about them. Also, no cherrypicking. Even the most irrelevant shitholes are wanted.

Pic related is Korpilombolo, northern Sweden.

It has a population of 529. The name is believed to originate from either Finnish or Sami. Supposedly, korpi translates to "wasteland", and lombolo to "small lake".

During the industrialisation, the town became an important exporter of tar. There doesn't seem to be much to see there today, though, and the population has declined in recent years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75gCMFxCzE8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ancient finnish kang town

How I envy your rich culture and history.

This is Karungi.

It's a small settlement on the Swedish-Finnish border, just to the southwest of the Torne river, which separates the two countries.

Like many other settlements along the Torne river, Karungi has both a Swedish and a Finnish part, each on opposing sides of the river. The Finnish counterpart is called "Karunki". Karunki has a population of 483 people, while Karungi only has 232 inhabitants.

Karungi has a wooden church from the late 18th century. Apart from that, it's pretty empty. The train line and station (pic related) has not been in use since 2012, and is slowly being reclaimed by nature.

Mellansel is a little shitty town thing rotting away somewhere in Angermannia

ITT only northern sweden has small towns

really fucking boring in ontario and not worth talking about

Northern sweden is only inhabited because ancient swedish kangs and noblemen wanted more taxes and land so they forced/tricked peasants there.

Point being?

This is "Real de Catorce", it has a population under 1,000 residents. At one point it had a population of 15,000 people but it was almost completely abandoned when the price of silver plummeted after 1900. It used to be a mining town.

Huichol people often gather around the town to eat Peyote in ceremonies.

Some (bad) films have been shot in there, "Bandidas" with Salma Hayek and "The Mexican" with Brad Pitt, among others.

Its a shitty place to live unless its by the coast.

well, the look of the road sucks

It's only a matter of time before Empire of Dust gets a sequel set in Sweden. Most roads here are pretty bad. The infrastructure is generally pretty good, but the roads almost always have cracks and holes everywhere, even in urban areas.

This town has 11.000 habitants and it's the biggest town of the island. I live close to it. First known mention of the town was in 976 and this town has been invaded by a Flemish army once. It's been in "Orange" hands since 1572. There still are a lot of city gates and walls. Although we were neutral during WWI, the British bombed the town.

Pajala, northern Sweden.

Population: 1958.

Originally settled by forest finns in the late 16th. It's the hometown of the religious leader Lars Levi Laestadius, the founder of the laestadianist sect, which is still strong in northern Sweden.

Interestingly, there is a small village outside Pajala called "Kengis", another piece of evidence that Finns are indeed Mongols.

actually came from the west, colonised by swedes

youtube.com/watch?v=75gCMFxCzE8

nice looking town

In Finnish korpi means a deep forest. Lombolo doesn't mean anything but some people up in Lapland have -lompolo in their surname, might be some sami thing.

>Population: 1958.
man it looks more like "in 1958". tho your talking and description are interesting.

I'll be moving to a city of 13,000 this coming fall. It's definitely not as comfy or as small as some medieval town but it's nice going from a city of 1 million to a city just over ten thousand.
I'll post pics if y'all want.

steamboat springs, colorado

population 12000
elevation 2000m
snows 4m+/year

Seems pretty comfy. The snow might be a bother, though.

this is helsinki. it's full of homos and niggers

Looks more like any other town.

Finland NO!

that road width

This is where I will be moving, I previously lived in Atlanta.

Covington, Georgia
County: Newton
Population: 13,347
Founded: 1822
Elevation: 741 ft (226 m)

After ownership by the Creek Indians, it was settled and incorporated in 1822.

The city was named after US Brigadier General and State Congressman Leonard Covington, who was a hero of The War of 1812.

During Sherman's March to the Sea, in 1864, most of the town was razed however a handful of antebellum structures survived.

It is known for: The Vampire Diaries, Duke of Hazard and In the Heat of the Night, all filmed on location in Covington.

Personal Opinion: It will be interesting for me to go from a major city to one that supports a single town center with a definite culture and history.

>Although we were neutral during WWI, the British bombed the town.

3 (three) people died. Never forget!

>small cunts in your country

looks like chernobyl wtf

My hometown, Vosne-Romanée
372 inhabitants, known for the vineyards who gives the most expensives wines in the world.
Originally the name of the village was just Vosne but they add "Romanée" because of Romanée-Conti, a famous domaine.

Well, thank you. It's a shame that there are no other tourists than Germans here.

Random map click.

Neveklov, population 2 500, central Bohemia.
Is known for: nothing.

Yale, Population:

forgot pic

Pic from when it was relevant enough to photograph.

You're not one to talk though

This is a small town of about 4000 called De Rijp. It's in the middle of just miles of grassland and absolutely nothing else. I went there once by bike from my own hometown, it's quite scenic and hasn't been ruined as much by some ugly 50's housing projects like so many other towns have.

Dornes, population: 594

>This isn't even my final form

A pic of one of Finland top cities in terms of economy, culture and welfare of inhabitants: Kouvola

Serra da Saudade

population 818

>Ottsville
>%50 of the town is abandoned buildings, farm houses, and industries
>The other %50 is forest, rivers, and creeks,
>%100 comfy

Echternach is the place where the first christian missionary came to luxembourg and opened a church

Puerto Williams, 1900 est.

Aside from being the most southern town in the world and tourism, nothing happens there.

This is Legal, Alberta
It's about 20-30 minutes from my city.
It's locally known as the French mural capital of Canada.

I only know it because i always pass by to take a piss at the wheelers store when I'm heading out to visit senpai on the reserve

Willcox, Arizona

It's a little Cochise County desert town next to a big salt flat called Willcox Playa

Newton County, I think Merle Haggard mentioned it in the song Grandma Harp.

Godamnit
Forgot pic

>senpai on the reserve
Kek
Just family then

that's great

never seen anything that looks like chernobyl til I saw finland though

top kek you guys are cool, ye I was thinking of pripyat

ukrainbros should post pripyat lol

>Legal, Alberta
Is it over 18 years old?

IIRC, Pripyat was considered a pretty good place to live before they got CHERNOBYL'd. It was where they gathered many of their top scientists and engineers, after all.

Even in that pic, Pripyat looks comfy as fuck (it's before the accident, isn't it?).

Nain, labrador. In the middle of fucking no where just look it up on Google maps.

i would love to annex ukraine and belarus only for the untouched good looking places.
but knowing people in my country it would be restored immediately and lose its charm

>pic related
Is legal

Literally. Just took this now. That light is a house some 200m away in legal. Just Passed it :^)

It's illegal in Alberta to take photos of lights on houses.

julian CA, pop ~2000. julian's just a tourist trap but there are a surprising amount of old towns like this. not many of them are as well preserved or photogenic as julian though

Värska, pop. 443, where they bottle the brand of mineral water by the same name.

shiddd forgot pic

My hometown :3

It's legal :^)
Side note
It's pronounced "leh-g-al" al as in alfred

virginia city, NV; 50% less touristy, 100% more desertey

Berlin, Maryland. Population 4,485.

Spent the summer here with all my close friends and my prom date after high school. Only downside is proximity to Ocean City.

This is my favorite small town that I've been to, though. Jerome, Arizona, population 451. Driving down the sloped roads was an experience, but the bars were cool and the people love to tell you about their little mining town.