I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you

>I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you.
How come every Batman adaptation completely drops the ball on Batman's one rule? Literally the only Batman that HASN'T killed was George Clooney.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NriOZ6ofj_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM&t=3m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Batman has killed people since his very beginning.
All those beatings he gives out are bound to cause some sort of irreparable trauma to the brain and other organs leading to death. Just because he doesn't explicitly kill them the moment he fights them doesn't mean they don't die due to their injuries later.

Did the Adam West version ever kill?

Hi reddif

Some thugs die in the movie when they get dehydrated.

>Literally the only Batman that HASN'T killed was George Clooney

killed an entire franchise, that has to count for something

>adaptation
Thats your problem. You cant call yourself a Batman fan and only consume his "adaptations"

virginity: the post

He would knock guys into vats of dry ice, but that's about it. Adam West never brought up the whole "No killing" rule, but the show was so goofy that they probably never felt the need to.

Other than blowing up that one guy with a bomb, did Keaton Batman ever kill?

Oh my yes
>Batwing guns down thugs with a 50 Cal
>Batmobile drops a bomb in the Joker's factory, blowing up dozens of thugs too
>Dynamite Guy (as you mentioned)
>The Joker himself, indirectly

Was he the Batman that sets a guy on fire using the Batmobile's jet engine?

based
Batman's no kill rule was never really compelling anyway
>tfw Burton's Batman was the perfect balance of fun and dark content
>tfw fun isn't allowed anymore

Yes he was.

Even though I haven't ever been bothered by Batman killing thugs, it was batshit crazy when he deliberately turned the Batmobile around and set him on fire instead of neutralizing him in a less maniacal way.

youtube.com/watch?v=NriOZ6ofj_Q

By fun do you mean shitty Prince music?

Shitty Prince music > over-produced Zimmer shit

It wasn't just with Ras al Ghul, but literally all the ninjas in the dojo when he sets everything on fire. Srsly what was Nolan thinking? The scene immediately before Batman is making a big deal about not being a killer

>what was Nolan thinking?
He wasn't.

>normies are stupid and won't notice Batman is a murderous hypocrite
>nerds who'll cry online don't matter, they'll see it 5 times and buy the Blu-ray

>implying anybody uses Blu-ray
>
>>normies are stupid and won't notice Batman is a murderous hypocrite
>>nerds who'll cry online don't matter, they'll see it 5 times and buy the Blu-ray

too soon

There was one story where a bunch of people injured by batman attack him but it turns out it was their own fault, like a guy who threw one of batman's used batarangs at batman and it came back and hit him in the head.

He never said he wouldn't kill anyone, he refused to be an executioner. If people die in the course of his escape or his subduing of them, it isn't on him.

He killed by accident in the movie. The goons where turned into powder and rehydrated in the batcave but when they attacked batman they disintegrated if batman touched them.

>when they attacked batman they disintegrated if batman touched them.

Holy fucking shit, so Adam West wasn't all POW POW on screen, I might hafta check it out sometime.

Yes, he's a murderer too.
youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM&t=3m

By disintegrate i mean dissapear with a BWOOP sound.

Because your children drawings have to be adapted in a way grown people won't laugh their asses off.

can we just skip the bullshit and go straight to the memes?

PARTY MAN

In the comics Batman would let Ra's die considering he has cheated death multiple times already

I mean, in one of the Demon books he literally traveled around the world to stop Ra's from using the Lazarus Pits so he would die

Is it worth watching Adam West's show/movie? I don't mind a good laugh.

Kek'd

I always wondered why he did that.

>wont kill people for the greater good
>will kill people for personal desire to live

If batman had to kill a criminal in order to save the life of an innocent, would he?

Don't forget the colored guy in the bell tower he let drop to his death

No, he wouldn't. I kind of like that about him; his no-kill rule is as much a weakness as a strength. He'd hate himself for it, he'd rage about finding another way, but he wouldn't kill them. He won't kill even in situations where he arguably should; where any other action hero would kill and the audience would be rooting for them the whole time.

>it was batshit crazy
I see what you did.

>being proud of consuming children's books

I honestly hate the no-kill rule in shit like this. At least for guys like the Joker it's justified to kill them.

>Comics are for kids
Miller and Gaiman would like a word

>MoS
>Superman has killed plenty in the past, its fine!

>BvS
>Batman has killed plenty in the past, its fine!

batman is a psychopath and is NOT different from the criminals he chases. I think that's what's supposed to be inferred. He uses guns all the time, and kills people just as often. These two things are supposed to be the moral line that separates him from the criminals, but he crosses that line all the time, therefore he's just like those criminals.

WHERE WERE THE OTHER DRUGS GOING?!

So, in Arkham Knight, it was actually justified if you decided to withhold the Lazarus from Ra's and let him die?

Jesus, will Superfags ever let go of their butthurt against Batman.

For people that claim moral superiority for liking a fictional character over the other they really show a lack of self awareness.

Batman has definitely not killed as many people as Ra's al-Ghul, a literal actual terrorist, or even the Joker.

>h-he is a criminal for stopping criminals!
>s-superman is so based for smashing tuck just because someone made fun of him tho!

Let fill you in on something, smartass. Comic books don't follow the same physics as the real world. Are you autistic? If they don't show or mention their deaths, they are not dead.

>the no rule wasn't compelling
But it's such a vital part of the character, it show his psychopathic tendencies and overall lunacy, a recurring theme in the Batman universe. He needs to make a rule not to kill someone, as opposed to Superman who just isn't in him to kill if he doesn't have to. Probably the reason why he didn't just instantly crush Batman in their fight.

how come he didn't have to save ras al ghul but had to save the joker

I just want a optimistic superhero, user.

I like Batman too.

Because if he didn't then he would've actively killed the Joker. Ra's orchestrated his own deathtrap in Batman's eyes.

Also I like to think that the first two movies are both origin stories and Bruce/Batman is still developing well into TDK.

The best portrayal of growth as a person and a hero was in this movie though.

Batman not killing is a lame excuse to keep all the villains returning.

Fuck you, Batman should kill.

the entire point of TDK is that Batman can't fix the city with his methods.
that's why they needed Harvey Dent to be the hero and all that, the Joker needed to be arrested and brought to justice so that everyone would see that the system worked, that's why they needed him alive.

and that's why Batman is the hero they desrve but not the one they need and why the Dent persona was so important

if you kill your enemies, they win

A Batman who kills would just be a 3rd rate copy of The Shadow. You know, the character that very very heavily inspired Batman. Except Batman would look fucking retarded with guns, and he doesn't have the Shadow's (radio show version's) signature gimmicks which are the bone chilling laughter of mockery and the ability to erase himself from sight.

>manslaughter
>killing
Hello Supreme Court of Reddit

rekt.

I think you consume enough for all of us buddy.

That one rule of Batmans that you retards love so much has cost thousands of people their lives.

It's a stupid rule I'd be glad to see gone.

original batman had guns

Well well. OP btfo.

Yes, and he was a shitty clone of the Shadow. The writers literally built him as a fanfic for the character without actually being the Shadow. He wasn't even called The Batman.
The original Batman also got retconned very quick and pretty much everything in his origin story has been changed.

>How come every Batman adaptation completely drops the ball on Batman's one rule?

Because it's the a stupid rule.

Just because capefags make themselves slaves to the status quo doesn't mean that movie directors must follow suit.

That's not BTFO, that's an MCU-tier quip.

That is the same flawed logic the guy from the Saw movies has.

It's literally central to Batman's character. He doesn't kill because of how his parents were killed so brutally.
Not to mention how, as based said, if he did kill then literally nothing would be noteworthy about him.

what kind of autistic logic is this.
fuck that
if your enemy dead then you won because they can't do shit

>superman fans still continue to be self-righteous babies

It's scary how religious you people are about a fictional man in tights.

but if he doesn't kill his enemies they win even more plus a lot of innocent people will suffer

The reason Batman doesn't kill is that, once he started, he couldn't go back.

So? As long as he kills criminals what's the problem?

The reason is contrived writing which spawns retarded justifications for why he doesn't kill.

And it would be fine if they didn't write villains escaping every 3 weeks

The police department already barely tolerates Batman's vigilantism since he leaves the victims to the cops. Once you go extralegal, that's a huge problem.

My mom is sensitive with movies sometime. Took her to see the Dark Knight and she was legit disturbed by the Joker; after the movie, she goes "we don't even know if that guy who got stabbed with the pencil died; he might still be alive and in pain."

WTF mom.

No, you don't get it. He didn't save him :^)

>mfw people bitch about him having a rule to not kill people and breaking that rule many times
>no one stops to think that maybe him making that rule for himself but still ends up breaking it is what makes batman such a compelling character because he tries to do good but always has to compromise his morals to save the day

>tries to do good
>leaves psycho villains alive so they can continue to kill innocents

yeah right

i''m not even a dc fag and i know this
batman doesn't kill because it's the only thing separating him from the villains. Because he's not a hero (blah blah dark knight), he's a lunatic who happens to only go after bad guys. A good showcase of this is in "The killing joke".
it's not some arbitrary rule he has to follow because he's the good guy, like it is for superman. It's because if once he does kill, he can no longer be the batman.

I think someone may have cracked why its ridiculous to get so butt pained over something so stupid as a rule

no, that's just a dumb justification
he tried to kill the Joker multiple times too and only got stopped by other people

he ended up killing him in the current comic's run and for the rest he hasn't changed a bit

>Batman's One Rule
It's the most nonsensical shit ever. It's literally "Gee people really like the Joker, so we need an excuse to keep him around and maintain the status quo". Like how many fucking times can they lock him up in Arkham, have him break out and rack up a 4-figure bodycount, capture him and put him back in there so he can just do it again? It's fucking irresponsible.

KEK
she sound adorable dad still around ? ;)

YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!! IF BATMAN KILLED THE JOKER HE WOULD IN TURN *BECOME* THE JOKER!! OR SOMETHING!!!!!

It's just dumb, same for the "he is just crazy like his villains!" meme

>kill the Joker multiple times too and only got stopped by other people
he was still stopped...other times he stopped himself.
>he ended up killing him in the current comic's run
when? dark knight returns? it's not canon and even if it was he actually does stop being batman.

wait is this canon?? was his dad having an affair??

>it's not canon
that's the thing about comics, they quickly all become non-canon because there's so many different authors and stories and they don't give a shit that it doesn't make in-universe sense on an established character.

He really hasnt tho

I always figured he tries not to kill whenever possible. He does not use lethal weapons, only blunt force that is meant to disable. If they die from complications it's not his concern.

Snyder's run.
He fights the Joker in a cave and keeps him still while the cave crumbles on them killing them both.
They are now back but he still thinks he killed the Joker.

>implying batman isn't crazy
he literally became batman in the same way the joker became the joker. bruce wayne is almost like a psuedo-identity he uses to fund himself now.
the guy is crazy whether he kills people or not.