As an Atheist I can honestly say that all religion needs to burn. Why do people still need it? We have science now...

As an Atheist I can honestly say that all religion needs to burn. Why do people still need it? We have science now, we don't need to fear the wind or the tides or a fucking plague as being acts of an angry god. It is called weather.

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/mp/journal/v20/n1/full/mp2014105a.html
experienceproject.com/question-answer/Beauty-With-BrainsEinsteins-IQ-Test-Results-Was-160-Marilyn-Monroe-Scored-168/1789335
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

do we need faggots? no. but yet, you´re still here

I'm not gay but the fact you use it as an insult tells me you blindly follow some form of ancient doctrine telling you it's wrong. Open your fucking eyes. All the time you spend reading your holy book I'm reading real scientific journals.

Trips don't lie

Science was certain the earth was flat at that the universe revolved around it. Science says eggs are bad for us, then good, then bad, then good.
Until science explains how the big bang THEORY somehow poofed a spec into existence which exploded for no reason which inexplicably popped a single cell into life that turned into all the plants, animals, and bugs we see today then I will use religion. Eye witnesses wrote the Bible. A bunch of guessers wrote science books.
And you're using the stereotype that all religious people are anti-science. We're not. WE're anti-theories that make no sense.

as a hetero i can honsetly say that all homo´s needs to burn. burn op. burn

im didnt read any holy book. it´s just a fact that youre a fucking faggot and should kill yourself.
fucking liberal fucktard go bend down to allahu akbar and niggers you faggot. weak ass bitch.

The big bang theory has a lot more evidence supporting it than your phony imaginary false god. Imagine not having to go to church and worship, actually being free to do or think what you like. You should seriously try it sometime.

its about time someone fily bucked up and said it. all region is cancer and should be currupting the minds of humanity but not outherkin cuse why whould they care about a bunch of religios fags

I'm a liberal? I will call anyone out, be it online or in public if they openly express their religious beliefs anywhere near me.

why the fuck would you throw the Yin-yang in that picture

Taoism is fucking legit. Not even a religion, it kind of just ethical guidelines that tell people to chill the fuck out and have fun

But ya, Abrahamic relgion is just the worst

Source: Former muslim

religion logic: why read lots of science books when you can read one book written thousands of years ago by bronze age sand niggers.

>fucking liberal fucktard go bend down to allahu akbar and niggers you faggot.

kind of funny seeing as you most likely worship an arab person. Or was Jesus the one white guy from the middl east?

we all agree that op is a faggot.
case closed.

youre not anti-theories that dont make sense. youre anti-theories you dont have the mental capacity to understand.

Any form of spiritual worship is ignorance. No religions get a free ride in my presence. Knowledge is my blade, intelligence is my armor.

>worships an arab hippy
>calls people liberal allahu akbars

Meh, I'll bite. Christian here. Religion isn't opposed to science, rather, it supports and is supported by it. Granted there are zealots in any faith that completely deny any scientific basis for anything, but this is a case of "religious ignorance" and plain old-fashioned idiocy.

Moreover, religion is opposed to "scientific faith", ie. theories like The Big Bang that whittle down to conclusions like "everything came from nothing exploding". Because that claim is scientifically farcical (vis-a-vis you cannot create energy), it is therefore an arguement based on faith by the scientific community that "that's just the way it happened because we've put a lot of time, research, money and effort into trying to prove and explain it".

Ask me anything.

>implying the Tao Te Ching asks you to worship anything
>implying Taoism is remotely near a religion

There arent any Taoist churches. Its honestly just a good fucking book.

It's too late. We've been hooked by the bait.

>Calling out others belief
>Personal belief has the same amount of evidence to its truth as a religion .
>believing anything a scirntist says simply because "dey smarties"
>Not realising by putting your faith in a man like that is almost equivalent to a religion.
>not doing your own research.
>hates religion because you find it a waste of time.
>Proceeds to try to put others down to hide your insecurities.

How is the fedora shopping going?

how can you debunk well thought out theories such as the big bang theory that actually does have supporting evidence which there is (CMBR cosmic microwave background radiation) and rather favour a theory that has NO scientific basis. Faith is not supporting the scientific community. it is hindering its progress by dismissing theories people dont understand.

>Same amount of evidence to its truth as a religion
Kek

damn son

you faggot samefag im not religious no go fuck off you lil bitch.

clearly youre not a scientist. nor anyone with an iq going into double digits

>Thinks atheism isn't a religion

>Thinking science and religion are always enemies

well.. it isnt
well.. they are

Your logic: when something is unknown, it's because of an unknown "entity"

As a Christian, you need to fuck off and realize you're doing the exact same thing those fucktards the fundamentalists do. That being putting people down and condemning them for their life choices.

How is it?
It's the simple LACK of religion.
Religion has to have a dogma. A set of rules that, if broken, will be dealt with in a divine way.

Atheism+ on the other hand, has dogmas.
Regular atheism simply has nothing. Just don't be part of a religion. If you are, the definition doesn't apply to you.

It's not so much about dismissing or opposing theories and ideas that aren't understood, but more along the lines of arguing against theories that don't make sense. There are brilliant minds, scientists, researchers, etc. that are Christians that understand the arguments made for all of these theories, so they don't oppose them out of sheer ignorance.

> (CMBR cosmic microwave background radiation)
Just to pick on this one a bit: this is defined as "The Big Bang theory predicts that the early universe was a very hot place and that as it expands, the gas within it cools. Thus the universe should be filled with radiation that is literally the remnant heat left over from the Big Bang".
Sure, we can detect this radiation. Makes sense right? But it still fails to answer the question of how and why the universe started out as a hot place, expanding with gas inside of it. Where did the heat energy come from? The kinetic energy to cause expansion? The gas that was cooling? Is it not just as logical to presume a creator put all of these elements in place and then caused this chain reaction to occur?

religion is like that lone drunk faggot on Friday night... do/believe whatever the fuck you want as long as you keep it to yourself... the moment you start to bring religion into other people's life / try to shove your beliefes down on other people's throat (no gaymarriage/abortion/other shit), you are losing any respect I had for you until the moment you decided to open your mouth

The fact that you needed to clarify faggot on Sup Forums means that you are a faggot

HAIL ODIN!!
the Norse gods are the true gods.

they dont love you, they want you to grow the fuck up. they arent your bitches, they will only help you if it has any interest to them!

we hail these gods without even knowing
the days of the week are named after them.
they even made up a guy called Santa and said to have based it on a saint just so that the dumb christians would celebrate Odin during Yule (Christmas)

get with it guys!!!

Looks like atheists are retarded

I fucking love science in a sexual way.

Of course you try using an IQ test to prove you are smart. Those hold no merit.

IQ tests prove logical thinking skills compared to the average populous. A score higher than 100 means that complex thinking skills are higher than the average populous. The opposite is true with lower scores.

That's not true.
nature.com/mp/journal/v20/n1/full/mp2014105a.html

Trips of truth hath spoken

well, no its not logical to presume that. presuming there is an omnipotent creator just because you dont know an answer to a seemingly unanswerable question is rather counter intuitive. instead of looking at the facts and feeling there is a need to find out facts we dont know or dont understand, religion is jumping to conclusion as if to rule out any curiosity into how the universe formed. Religion cant answer the questions you posed nor will it ever be able to. but although science cannot at the moment it has the potential to do so in future.

On the side of the social argument against religion is that the religious preachings in for example the bible heavily contrast the norms and ideals of 21st century western civilisation. Deuteronomy 22:13-21 states that if the wife of a man is not a virgin at the time of marriage she should be put to death. please dont tell me that quotations like these are in any way shape or form should be acceptable.

No, not when the idea of an omniscient, omnipotent being is ludicrous.

Plus, if you're arguing that there must be a creator to have started the universe because something can't come from nothing, then something must have created the creator. Something created the creator's creator, etc., ad infinitum.

Not sure what happened in the beginning. Maybe we'll never know, but that doesn't make it a god. You'd travel to prove that on its own merit. If we're arguing about what 2+2 equals and I insist that it's 3 and you insist that it's 5, finding a way to discredit my 3 doesn't make your answer correct.

Even if you managed to find some evidence of magic spirits, you'd have a couple thousand versions of space wizard to choose from. People act like the big three are all that's out there. If people writing shit down counts as anything, then the are over 2,000 possible gods.

honestly man, dont even bother

The fear of dead or to be alone in the universe I guess

To quote A. Hitler: "Every scientific discovery chips away another piece from the foundations of religion."

If it's good enough for Hitler, it's good enough for me.

Western atheist influenced societies can't even keep their population up and have to import highly religious "refugees" for that.

Without religion people are easily manipulated to become cashcows for expolitive elites.

Then how do you explain the fact that Marilyn Monroe got a higher score than Albert Einstein

I know that, but there are evident and obvious smart people who get lower scores than people who aren't as smart.

>we don't know what happened before the big bang

Of course we don't, that doesn't meant the big bang isn't a viable theory. We can see the universe is expanding, along with the CMB and many other things, the theory is proven pretty accurate.

The big bang doesn't mention what happened before it, and what was there before the expansion started.
It's literally just the observation that the universe did start at a single point and had a beginning.

You people act like scientists need to know every little detail about everything before you'll believe anything. Sorry to break it to you, but, there's some things we may never know. At least some people are actually trying to figure it out though.

So the concept of matter ending up arranged to become/support life is completely unfathomable to you, but the idea that it went from 0-deity makes sense? Then that super being got bored and created everything within a framework of rules that would not lend any credence to him existing, then hid?

I can't go into any more detail without knowing which brand of mumbo-jumbo you're championing. Did your god(s) of choice speak to folks in the Indus Valley, or to goat fucking dune coons in the middle east? The Inca? Mayans? Help me out, the are too many to list.

atheists are too primitive and materialistic. may be some kind of scientific pantheism is more right. speaking about religions, my favourtie are christianity and buddhism. but I consider myself as agnostic-pantheist-truth seeker occultist esoteric.

meanwhile, i'm reading dialogue from megaman x4

As an atheist let me say fuck you. I do not believe in God, and that's it. I'm not part of some retarded club, I'm not automatically superior to other people, and I feel no need to validate my disbelief by belittling others, or trying to convert them. You are no better than fundamentalist assholes. The only difference is that you use slightly different language than they, but it's just another means to the same end: you want to control and manipulate people. You are a faggot.

Today my friends, we will nuke the SHIT out of
Jerusalem! And Mecca! Mostly Mecca!
Fuck Jesus, fuck Muhammad and fuck the magic sky man!
DEATH TO RELIGION!!!
LONG LIVE RICHARD DAWKINS!!!

Off topic: it's nice to have a regular discussion amongst all hilarity ensuing in this thread.

Back on topic: I can understand why you make that argument from the perspective of someone outside religion looking in. To you it seems that, as a Christian, I simply explain away everything I don't or can't understand with "My God did it, 'nuff said". But it's so much more than that! I have absolutely no doubt that science and its methods can and will be able to explain 99.999% of every physical phenomena. Questions like "why does mass cause gravity" and "why does magnetic force exist" and "why does light behave as a particle and a wave" will undoubtedly, eventually, be answered. And who knows, maybe science does one day come up with a feasible answer for where the first something came from. My faith supplements these discoveries though in that I believe God created the rules of existence and all its mechanisms in the first place, and we just merely discover and understand them over time. I'm sure you've probably heard of the watchmaker analogy before.

Oh Deuteronomy, everyone's favorite book. It's important when reading, studying, and making arguments for/against the bible to understand its context and the time it was written. These laws were the societal norm of the time it was written, much the same as if we were to document 100 years ago all the laws surrounding racial rights, or laws 5 years ago about homosexual rights. Jesus himself proves that what is acceptable or lawful changes with time: Matthew 15:11 "it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person" when the pharisees questioned why his disciples did not wash their hands before eating (which was the law at the time).

look, i'm an atheist myself but you guys srsly need to stfu. we get it, you hate religion. we heard that more than enough times. so please, for the love of arceus, shut. the fuck. UP.

evidence?

Lol, someone needs to find some self awareness.
Faggot.

Finally, someone who realises faith doesn't mean stupidity.
Now go forth my son, and convert all of Sup Forumsb to sanity.

So the source of your objective morality delivers subjective, context sensitive rules of morality.

>logic

There probably is a god

experienceproject.com/question-answer/Beauty-With-BrainsEinsteins-IQ-Test-Results-Was-160-Marilyn-Monroe-Scored-168/1789335

Religious people won't change their minds. You're right op but you won't change anything

And Cuck is your name

FPBP
Fuck off op, you pathetic faggot

Did you know that the big bang theory was made by a christian scientist ?
Are you a scientist ? No you're just a miserable teenage atheist militant, and trust me science doesn't need your faggotry to evolve

You're autistic and projecting that onto others.

The masses of humanity are stupid and emotional. Accept that now and join reality. Idealism is for retards.

Without something to keep the masses under control, youd get degeneracy. Kind of like we're seeing today with children being given hormones because they want to change sex. Or massive drug use and alcoholism.

Accept that the stupid masses will not listen to reason. If you dont move out of idealism into accepting reality, you will remain a bitter autist til the end.

Off topic: likewise, i think debate is importatnt as for a respect on both sides.

On topic: as for your point that "god" may have placed these mechanisms in this world for us to discover, theres no disproving that. and that is getting into the cyclical thinking territory. this impossibility to disprove your argument also poses the impossibility to prove your argument. So in the words of the late great christopher Hitchens "that which can be asserted without evidence can be disproved without evidence" and that is why a base my life on principles of anti-theism. it not that i have a reason to have a distaste for religion but my innate cognitions tell me that if a theory cannot be proven nor disproven, whats the oint in believing. why try to answer the impossible questions with uneducated, frankly made up answers. my question to you is, what would it take for you as a Christian to lose faith in your god?

Off topic: aside from my somewhat militant perspective toward this subject, i completely respect your point of view. as a former Christian, im proud to say ive left that faith behind at the age of around 18. although i encourage believers to challenge their views i cannot force you to think otherwise.

I was raised quiet religious (went to church every sunday, whole family was religious), but i'm not religious anymore. My observations:
- those magical stories in the bible are complete garbage (e.g. adam and eve, incest)
- the world would be a better place, if people lived by the 10 commandements
- religion has always been instrumentalized for having power over the "simple"people
- you can be a good person without religion
- many religious people are hypocrits
- many religious people are prone to believe in things just because the don't understand the mechanics behind it (e.g. magic tricks)
- the big bang is in no way more retarded than believing in a god: what existed before the big bang?(inb4 time didn't exist 'before' the big bang) what existed before god? As far as we know, the universe is expanding and as a conclusion of that, it has to expand from a specific point in the universe, which maybe is the point where a big bang happened.
- islam is violent (so was christianity during middle ages) due to the lack of education and wealth
- not eating pork because of religion is retarded
- to believe that cows are holy is retarded
- there might be a god, but it's rather irrational

And yet it's Christians, particularly the Religious Right, who are militantly opposed to it, and ToE. It is they who are doing everything they can to get science education dumbed down, and their theology inserted into it.

Also, the Big Bang Theory stands, or falls based on its own merits. The personal beliefs of Father Georges Lemaitre are completely irrelevant.

What was it that made you lose your faith? just out of curiosity.

the big bang theory doesnt oppose the idea of creationism