How do I promote my channel? I'm not here to plug, I just want advice

How do I promote my channel? I'm not here to plug, I just want advice.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/igmdigmgaming
youtube.com/watch?v=LYJseVirln4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

post a link

bump

Why would you jump on the bandwagon and make a youtube channel? Its so fucking saturated with dumb people thinking they're entertaining or knowledgeable about whatever shit they're talking about.

Collab. Try and get bigger YouTubers to notice you. As a small channel shout outs are a really big factor of growing. If that doesn't work you can always pay YouTube to advertise your channel or videos.

Channel here for those asking: youtube.com/user/igmdigmgaming

Oh boy another fucking gaming channel how original.

I've been told by people who aren't even acquaintances that my content is decent, to the extent that I've been told "I deserve a following". Either way, I like making videos, following or not.

I mean, gaming is most of what I do. Is it unusual to focus on what you do most?

You lack consistency. Create a upload schedule. Let's play videos a dead genre at this point. If you're going to create gaming videos make funny montages or something original. Maybe role play a character playing a game. Do a voice over the gameplay.

Which is what I do now. I haven't done a let's play in almost two years.

You and half of youtube. Gaming channels are a dime a dozen.

What am I hurting by uploading content, regardless of the upload frequency of the genre? Just because there's a large amount of gaming content doesn't mean that it's drowning other genres, and if anything, helps sift the good uploaders to the tops.

You still need some way of standing out. It's hard to get noticed doing gaming since it's already dominated by much bigger youtubers. That's why I do irl bullshit such as vlogs and skits. There's more room for originality there.

I'm getting into that soon, actually. I'm getting a new camera today, and have a couple ideas lined up.

It's just not helping you to grow. Cause people are looking for youtubers that stand out from the crowd

A smartphone will do just fine and natural lighting. A tripod would be a good investment. Recently bought one and my video quality has improved

Understandable, and I'm aware of that. I'm planning on doing other things as well, I'm not tied down to gaming. I just want to know how to promote without being obnoxious or blatantly ineffective.

Already have a tripod, lighting, and locations. I'm covered there fam.

I usually send my videos out to my steam friends and I have them categorized by who is and isnt a faggot.

good. One good way of promoting your shit is blatantly putting it in a conversation if it's relevant. For example people here fight on the issue of liking traps and trannies. So I can add this video to the conversation to state my point youtube.com/watch?v=LYJseVirln4

Most if not all of the people I regularly talk to are subscribed and watch my videos as I upload. It'll have to be a way to get it out to strangers or low-contact acquaintances.

Being relevant is the way to go. Making videos about current issues can help getting discovered. If you make videos that are relevant they are more likely to pop up when people search for them. So it's important to jump on to the issue as soon as it pops out.

Either that or being reletable to some degree.

Well, I'm a faggot with no life so I already relate to basically everyone here.

So make videos that appeal to Sup Forums degenerates. That's what I'm doing. Figure out who you want to be your audience and create shit that will appeal to them