How is Hernan Cortez viewed in Spain and Mexico?

How is Hernan Cortez viewed in Spain and Mexico?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple
abc.es/cultura/20151010/abci-hernan-cortes-caravana-canibal-201510092201.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Guerrero
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martín_Cortés_(son_of_doña_Marina)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who?

Cortez was a GOOD guy
he did literally nothing wrong

He is part of our history

Okey maybe capturing Montesuma wasn't so nice of him but he did it to be secure from whole Mexican army aorund

BASED

Cortes did nothing wrong, if someone can be criticized it maybe would be Pizarro

He's mostly seen in a negative light, while his actions did result in the birth/creation of Mexico we don't condone them, whatever his good qualities he was also a cruel and dishonorable man by the standards of his time

Pizzaro basically did nothing wrong too
I would do the same at his place

What did he do? I only know about Cortez.

>he was also a cruel and dishonorable man by the standards of his time
Because of what? What are your examples?
He killed "some" incas because he got mad about sacrifices.
Cortez at other hand never did killed anyone for this. he tried to convert those pagans as he could

He conquered the Inca in Peru, say what you will about Cortez but he wasn't cowardly, Pizarro made no pretense of being an honorable man

He ransomned the Inca's ruler for gold, then failed to keep his part of the deal, he killed when it was unnecessary and on questionable rationale

Didn't Cortez agree to a peace meeting with Montezuma, take him hostage, demand money for his release, then kill him and all of the Aztec nobles?

>demand money for his release
No
he take him hostage to secure because they (mexicans) wanted to kill whole expedition after that expedition would have enter the city. If they were killing anyone it was only in self-defence.

greatest guy EVER, shame he didn't finish what he started.

he sneezed, that's it.

I don't have anything against Cortes, especially since he wasn't there when this happened, but Spaniards weren't exactly saints either. Especially Pedro de Alvarado, now he was a major cunt.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple

Conquering is conquering but what they did to the royalty was kind of r00d

One conquistador raped the Incan queen

How come they were so honorable to the moorish royalty but they treated the indigenous royalty like animals? Because they were seen as backwards?

Are you absolutely sure? Because I'm sure I've heard many times that Cortez demanded a room be filled with gold for Montezuma's release and then just killed him anyway.

>pizarro
>coward
La lucha se entabló sin ninguna ventaja para los de Chile. Al tiempo que luchaba, Pizarro enrostraba a sus atacantes. Había tomado el primer puesto en la pelea y tanto era su brío que no había adversario que se atreviera a propasar la puerta. En eso cayó Francisco Martín con una estocada en el pecho, también los dos pajes y Gómez de Luna. Solo se puso entonces a defender el umbral, desesperando a sus contrincantes que, acobardados, pedían lanzas para matarlo de lejos. No se retrajo por ello el Marqués, antes bien, pretendiendo desanimar a sus enemigos, siguió combatiendo con más intensidad que antes. Tan animoso se mostró, que Juan de Rada entendió que así no lo vencerían nunca y, recurriendo a un ardid traicionero, tomó a uno de los suyos apellidado Narváez y lo empujó hacia Pizarro; el Marqués lo recibió con su espada, pero el peso del cuerpo lo hizo retroceder, aprovechando entonces los almagristas para penetrar el umbral a la carrera y rodearlo.

why do you bring Sup Forums threads to Sup Forums?????

She was only 10 too

I've never heard of it tho

A true Spanish hero. I found this 1000 pesetas bank note in a drawer this morning and I was pleased to see his face and Pizarro's on the other side of it.

poor aztecs, truly the victims here.

abc.es/cultura/20151010/abci-hernan-cortes-caravana-canibal-201510092201.html

>Spanish Conquistador who led an expedition that caused the fall of the Aztec Empire and brought large portions of mainland Mexico under the rule of the King of Castile in the early 16th century.

I also read that there is a rumour that Spielberg is planing a movie about Pizarro starring Javier Bardem.
I find it strange that his story hasn't be brought to the big screen so far, I just hope they don't picture him as a criminal like many leftards and shitskins would love to see.

I am well aware of Aztec brutality, and I am not and advocate of the dindu nuffin people who like to claim they were pure. But that one time yes, they were the victims. Even the Spaniard accounts agree.

>While differing so on Alvarado's specific motive, both accounts are in basic agreement that the celebrants were unarmed and that the massacre was without warning and unprovoked.

>During his absence, Moctezuma asked deputy governor Pedro de Alvarado for permission to celebrate Toxcatl (an Aztec festivity in honor of Tezcatlipoca, one of their main gods). But after the festivities had started, Alvarado interrupted the celebration, killing almost everyone present at the festival, men, women, and children alike.

>What did he do?
Nothing wrong. An arrogant Inca manlet threw a bible to the floor and he got absolutly BTFO while Pizarro banged his qt 3.14 sister.

What about going full ISIS on all those Aztec works of history?

>One conquistador raped the Incan queen
>Raping
Kek. She was a slut that just wanted to get fucked by a real man and not a machu pichu ugly manlet

not only the aztecs were brutal, they were canibals, the only way to deal with such problem was to anihilate the entire tribe no matter what scummy tactics the conquistadors might have used.

Damn you Paco

Post that in a language people understand

Who?

>Medieval Execution Methods
A skilled torturer would use torture methods, devices and instruments to prolong life as long as possible whilst inflicting agonising pain on a prisoner awaiting execution. The customs of the Medieval period dictated that many prisoners were tortured before they were executed in order to obtain additional information about their crime or their accomplices. Torture was also seen as a preliminary to the punishment of death by execution. There were many forms and types of Medieval execution methods. The torture and execution methods included the following methods:

>The Wheel, Breaking Wheel or Catherine Wheel
>Hanging - the Gibbet
>Pressing or Crushing
>Burning - Execution by Fire
>Boiled to death
>Decapitation - The Sword or the Axe
>Quartering
>Impalement
>Hung, drawn and quartered

lol who cares history is gay

>Aztec works of history?
You mean worshipping gods that demanded sacrifices? He did nothing wrong erasing all that crap.

I could say the same thing about all those Spanish women wanting a Moorish man, Pedro.

auiya ikxitlantsinko achimochintin ameuan tapayoli yolkamej

>the massacre was without warning and unprovoked.

Do you want to hear the stories of how Spaniards decapitated the independentists and exhibited their heads for almost a decade?
Look, I hate dindu nuffins on all fronts, and you are one of them. And it isn't even because I dislike Spain, or because I am butthurt about it, it was MY ancestors the ones who did this, not yours, since yours stayed in Spain sleeping their siesta while mine conquered this place. But let's not pretend they dindu nuffin.

>Spanish women wanting a Moorish man
But moors are ugly smelly manlets. Just like the Andean people

>Do you want to hear the stories of how Spaniards decapitated the independentists and exhibited their heads for almost a decade?
Well deserved.
> MY ancestors the ones who did this, not yours, since yours stayed in Spain sleeping their siesta while mine conquered this place. But let's not pretend they dindu nuffin.
Actually most conquistadors just returned. If you are a mestizo it is most likely that your ancestry comes from later migrations

Go back to forocoches.

Didn't stop many Moors from getting with them, how do you think they got so white?

>t was MY ancestors the ones who did this, not yours, since yours stayed in Spain sleeping their siesta while mine conquered this place.

I like this mejicano, that's the strongest argument against butthurt indios.

We hate that puto.

Aztec til I die

Most Spaniards came post conquest and conquistadors just went back to Spain as heroes.
>Didn't stop many Moors from getting with them
Yes the Visigoths mixed with the arabs. Berbers were not as dark as they are today either

People who get butthurt over things that happened 500 years ago are pretty ridiculous. On the other hand, dindu nuffins are just the same.

ayyy kek

You know that the Conquest didn't just end with Tenochtitlan, do you? The Spanish conquest of Yucatán took almost 170 years for instance.

Hay que contextualizar los hechos. Como bien dices Cortés fue un hombre brutal incluso para sus contemporáneos pero fundó, por ejemplo, la institución más antigua de México, un hospital. Con esto quiero decir que no todo es blanco ni negro pero la narrativa siempre suele estar manipulada contra España, magnificando las cosas malas que se hicieron y obviando las buenas. La leyenda Negra y el mito del buen salvaje han hecho mucho daño.

>Conquest didn't just end with Tenochtitlan, do you? The Spanish conquest of Yucatán took almost 170 years for instance.
Most Spaniards that move to America werent conquistadors. They just went there to climb the social ladder pretty fast. If their is any genetic impact of conquistadores in modern Mexico is pretty small

[citation needed]

Meanwhile, Mexicans were still fighting against tribes even after we gained independece. Mexico-Apache wars are just one example.

ard ▼ Settings Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

[Ads] Huge black Friday sale at daily list, Oniichan!

Return Catalog Bottom
Update Auto
Post a Reply

View Announcement
...Anonymous
People that did absolutly noth(...)
12/28/16(Wed)19:47:00 No.2150310
14 KB
14 KB JPG
...Anonymous
12/28/16(Wed)19:48:18 No.2150315
52 KB
52 KB JPG
...Anonymous
12/28/16(Wed)19:53:33 No.2150335
(OP) #
Okay you start.
#
...Anonymous
12/28/16(Wed)20:00:13 No.2150356
#
>Be Pizarro
>Proven warrior in Italy BTFOing the French
>Move to America for glory
>Move to the middle of nowhere and help older conquistadores to stablish their rule in modern day Colombia
>Move with 13 other Spaniards to conquer an empire
>An angry smelly brown manlet disrespects your faith
>BTFO him and his manlet army
>Marry his sister to improve the genetics of the manlet
>Then get gold for his king to keep BTFOing the French
>Kills the manlet Andean bastard that disrespected Jesus
>Annex the Inca empire
>Help his king against the rebellion of some independentists bastards
How can a man be so based?

Eso yo lo sé, y de hecho no empecé hablando mal de Cortes, sino de Alvarado.

wew rude

I stopped browsing /his/ because of dumb threads like this
"Hur dur is morality a spook" "why do germans keep destroying europe" "how can one man be so based"

How is that productive discussion?

It's Cortés with an s and accent on the e, you philistines.

Eso me recuerda el otro día (y saliendo un poco del tema), el otro día estaban haciendo un documental en la 2 sobre las explotaciones de oro en Mexico, me quedé mirando por puros motivos de troleo informativo, pues para mi sorpresa casi el 90% de las explotaciones actuales de oro en Mexico son de empresas Canadiense que literalmente se llevan casi todo lo que sacan dejando un par de miserables dolares a los trabajadores y instituciones gubernamentales, un autentico saqueo en toda regla, me cabreó por todos los que se quejan por ahí de "DEBOLBER EL HORO".

esto todo por lo que dices tu, la culpa siempre es de España.

yo can say that about every main board tbf

They're taxed heavily, this isn't Africa, I don't know if they discussed that in the documentary but our revenue service is actually developed world tier, Mexico has been the world's largest producer of silver for half a millenia, and this was true even when the Spaniards stumbled into a literal mountain of silver in Bolivia, our nation does have some experience handling the profits of mining operations. Those Canadian operations are mostly shell corporations with most of their stockholders based in New York.

Pizarro fighting for his life is a different story than the acts of daring of Cortés, compare to scuttling your own fleet so the men fighting under you know there's no escape, or walking right into the Aztec capital being outnumbered to a near imposible degree, relying on native allies you've only known for months.

Pizarro took no chances in Peru, it was onlyu as an exception that he was not in a position of strenght, and then only because his plans had failed.

Actually, it's Mexicans whob descend from the conquistadores, Cortés may have returned top the old world, he died fighting the Turks, but he always meant to retire in Mexico and his heir was the son of Malintzin, who he seems to have genuinelly loved, he had to obtain a dispensation from the pope to inherit his titles and fortune to his mestizo son which costed him dearly. Regardless of the famous conquistadores, the bulk of their men by far remained in the new world, any given mestizo Mexican is almost as likely to descend from them as from the Aztecs, the majority, unknown to them actually do.

Most conquistadors tried to marry a Spanish women and return home. Even if all of them stayed the genetic impact would have been very small. Most europeans came after the conquests

architecture isn't good or evil, it's just architecture

They were a founding population which formed the colony's earlier elite (and so was able to continue intermarrying with arrivals from Spain) try and do the math for 1,000 conquistadores doubling the number of their descendants each generation over 500 years, you'd be surprised.

Most married native women, for a majority of them this meant no chance of marrying an European later on as the Catholic church did not easily allow divorce and it did not suffer bigamy. It wasn't just sex or the emotional need for a companion, in economic terms it was a requisite to adequately running a household which would have otherwise been costly and required too much time. It's as simple as someone had to cook their meals, which also meant taking care of orchards and farm animals in those days. Most conquistadores didn't end up rich also, being someone in a respected position in the Americas as opposed to return to being a soldier in Europe was a more straightforward choice than you think.

>1,000 conquistadores doubling the number of their descendants each generation over 500 years, you'd be surprised.
M8 population growth was pretty fucking small until the industrial revolution. Their genetic impact would be tiny

It wasn't, mestizos had a reproductive advantage in terms of better social standing and the ability to resist disease, only 10% of baptisms recorded in the 16th were "natural born" ao even allowing for some margin of error that disproves the rapebaby meme, technically most of the Spaniards arriving in that era, who had to live in forts, go into conquest expeditions and fend off attacks from the natives, were conquistadores, and the originals who had been in the first campaigns did remain in numbers.

Conquistadores were few. How do you expect 2000 people to leave a significant genetic impact in a population composed of over 2M natives? The European genetic impact came due later inmigration waves

tell me about son of Malintzin, apparently is the first mestizo in Spanish america, his name is Martin

Alvarado supuestamente paso a cuchillo a los aztecs

language?

ask ghengas knan, the man who 10% of all asians are decendant from

or nhail of the nine hostages

or midochandrial eve

The first mestizo was a son of Gonzalo Guerrero, a Spanish castaway who lived amongst the Maya and apparently did end up fighting the Spaniards later in his life.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzalo_Guerrero

Martín Cortés, the son of Malinche, did not in fact inherit the title of Marquis but was granted legitimacy by the pope, the title went to his half brother also named Martin Cortés, the son of malinche was a soldier who fought in Europe and did eventually raise his own family in Spain, he hardly knew his mother.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martín_Cortés_(son_of_doña_Marina)

nahuatl

>All that buttmad mexican ass itt

>Actually most conquistadors just returned
>fundó, por ejemplo, la institución más antigua de México, un hospital

>only way to deal with such problem was to anihilate the entire tribe
>tribe
and I thought we had terrible education

what do u think?

Acting as an apologist for him if you're a Mexican seems really cucky. Spainiards seem like a people who relish violence when they do it from what I've seen on this board so they love him if I had to guess.

Mexicans are some of the most cucked people ever

>condoning Spanish actions
Most people who died from our, "European", diseases, didn't die because the magic colonial soldier landed on South American shores and touched the native. It happened due to poor demographic management. It's a byproduct of removing the native population from their previous power structure, placing them in Spanish built shacks with dozens of beds (shacks for hundreds of thousands), where they earn enough food to barely sustain themselves, cramped together, while digging silver and gold 14 hours a day

they have very low self-esteem
specially the ones in your country

i don't know about venancio and manolo, but here it depends on the person you talk to, while some mexicans just see it as part of our history and something we shouldn't be fixed on (cough cough, ultra hyper leftist), others go full retard and start bitching about muh conquista and other sorts of things until they end up whining about things that have nothing to do with it.
Personally, i don't care that much, yes the clash of civilization and the colonial period is interesting (as well as the chaps that used to roam this part of the continent long ago), but going around with muh land/horos/reconquista n shiiieett is stupid to me.

this, totally a nigger

>the ones in your country
You mean me

FUIMOS Incas y la mierda

>esto todo por lo que dices tu, la culpa siempre es de España.
es triste, pero eso de tener un chivo expiatorio es ya una regla.
>los canadienses se roban el oro y dejan una vil miseria para los trabajadores
¿qué puedo decir? eso de que las empresas extranjeras vengan y se aprovechen del país, con el permiso bendición de nuestros "representantes", ya es común también. Si llegas a decir algo e contra de eso, eres o retrograda o estúpido (pocos te llegan a tachar de rojo).
>corrupción hurr durr
hombre, eso pasa en todas partes, mientras aquí nos fastidian con la violencia y mala paga, a la madre patria con austeridad insana. Diferente medio, pero al final joden al ciudadano común.

CHI

Leí que el crimen va a peor? Es verdad eso? Espero al menos que vuestra economía vaya mejor al menos.

Cortés was a very smart leader who employed brilliant strategies of divide and conquer and manipulation against the Aztecs. After reading Conquista de la Nueva España by Bernal Díaz del Castillo I have nothing but respect for the guy who was painted as a bloodthirsty religious fanatic by the black legend.

Pizarro on the other hand was a savage beast even though his conquest was impressive as well.

meh, you guys are just as bad tbqh

>Leí que el crimen va a peor?
Lo está, el número de kevins y brayans está al alza, y puesto que el negocio de los estupefacientes es aún muy atractivo para ellos, pues es natural que más se les unan (uno podría acharcarlo a la falta de empleo, pero en muchos casos esos sujetos lo hacen por "ser más fácil").

>Espero al menos que vuestra economía vaya mejor al menos.
Puesto que Donaldo-chan salió elegido, estamos en la incertidumbre; no obstante, y siendo realistas, es muy probable que esto vaya a peor por:
- TLCAN renegociado o totalmente eliminado (no estoy diciendo que fuese algo bueno, esa cosa hizo que nos volviésemos más dependientes de ellos)
- Políticos no dejan ni dejarán de robar
- Deportaciones de espaldas mojadas y compañía que han cometido crimines serios, es decir, más soldados para los psicópatas

Mad Max here we come

>Cortés was a very smart leader who employed brilliant strategies of divide and conquer and manipulation against the Aztecs.
And the Spaniards. He defeated the biggest Spanish expedition in the New World with an army three times smaller and even convinced the defeated army to join him.

Aquí también los políticos, rezar al menos para que donaldo no os folle la economía, lo de los narcos me recuerda a Colombia en los 80s,parece que a ellos les va mejor en eso.

Si solucionarais eso del crimen sería de puta madre para el turismo. Aunque no se.

People acting like thos conquestadors were evil and shit, but if it was in reverse indians would be just as savage

>Iberians are so alpha they cucked an entire continent.
Can't make this shit up.

Los mexicanos me caen bien, son buena gente, yo creo que sois los que mejor caeis a los españoles.No se cuantas personas migraron allí pero debieron ser un montón por ejemplo allí la tauromaquia es fuerte como aquí.

Sin embargo con otros Hispanics hablantes no compartimos casi ninguna tradición

Hispano hablantes *

Las corridas de toros son re subhumanas, acá nunca fueron populares y se prohibieron hace décadas.

I don't really know if I have any Spaniard blood whatsoever, but tbqh I don't really care. What I do care is the cultural, social and political impact every single Spaniard in that time had on our country, I'd rather have 99 Javier Clavijero and 1 Pizarro when we were colonized, but the true is quiet the opposite.
They are part of who I am now, and I can't erase that with anything, I only have to accept the violent history of my people (Mayans, Spaniards and Aztecs) and on the contrary celebrate the diversity of my culture.