Am I the only one that thinks it has no sense how the plot around Jon being a Targaryen has no sense?

Am I the only one that thinks it has no sense how the plot around Jon being a Targaryen has no sense?
I mean, it if you kidnap one of the most valuable person in a war, you don't leave her unattended in a small tower, right?

Well she wasn't unattended. She had handmaidens, and also had three kingsguard with her (including Ser Arthur Dayne, who is widely regarded as the best swordsman who ever lived in the GoTverse).

Lyanna was put there for safety. No battles were fought in Dorne, so she would be safe from the fighting, and since everyone was focused on the war elsewhere in Westeros, no one would come for her.

Handmaidens aren't quite a fighter. You can have one skillfull swordsman, but he can be killed just by outnumbering him. The details are weak as fuck, it seems they care more about fa-shipping than writing good plots.

And Ned leaves his duty to go for her... A little bit unnoble for him, right? Why was he never charged of any crime? If some does something similar at any war gains an execution.

The war was basically over. He was sent by Robert to get his sister.

Robert Barathian was in love with her, he probably sent his two top guys (Ned and Jojen's dad) to save her since the Targaryen army was routed.

She wasn't kidnapped. She was there to give birth in a safe location far from combat.

Where's that implied? And don't say the books, the series is by far another product (and books are quite better written)

>Lyanna is neds only sister
>robert and ned are besties
>robert loves lyanna

are you sure youre watching the right show?

Go back to season 1 when Robert is talking to Ned about his sister (I think they were in the crypt under Winterfell).

Also in Season 1 when Robert is talking to Cerci on his death bed, he admits he only ever loved Lyanna.

They mention missing each other at the Neck which is the battle where Rheagar is killed and the targarian forces are routed. Also Robert was deeply in love with Lyanna. Watch episode 1 season 1. It's all there.

You should be able to tell from what's been said about Robert and Rhaegar. Robert was a womanizer, brute, and a drunk. Rhaegar was beautiful and kind and was knightly. He wouldn't have kidnapped Lyanna.

CLEGANE BOWL

The talented Targaryen kings guard would be equal to an F16 in a modern fight.

Also the Aemon Targaryen, the Maester on the wall pretty much spells out that He would never kidnap her and that they were in love.

It was like 7 against 3 and the Kingsguard nearly won.

She was not kidnapped
She left with him for love
Did you see the way little finger looked at Sansa when she said the word kidnap?

The only thing that bothered me about the last episode is that Varys appeared to travel so quickly back and forth. Although, I think a lot more time was supposed to have passed there, it just wasn't represented well.

So it's confirmed that Jon is Targaryen+Stark now, right? Sorry, I watched it last night and just woke up 5 minutes ago.

Stark confirmed targarian strongly implied

The Kingsguard would've won if not for plot armor.

Alright, so if he IS Targaryen, that would make himmmm... Dany's half-brother, as well as being a Stark? So he'd have legitimate claim to the title of "King in the North" as well as just plain ol' King in the same way Dany has claim to be Queen.

Also, am I crazy or was the actor that played Arya in diguise the most attractive female on the show so far?

Dany's niece, actually. Dany is the Mad King's daughter, and Rhaegar, Jon's father, is Dany's brother.

Can confirm that disguise Arya was hot.

No. Dany's nephew

Her nephew

His claim isn't legitimate if his parents weren't married

Ned left to go get Lyanna on Robert Boratheon's order after the actual war was one. The only thing left to do at this point was save Lyanna and take kings landing (which Robert was on his way to do while Ned went south)

Not necessarily. The details of the fight weren't given in the book. It just says that Arthur Dayne would have killed Ned if Howland hadn't saved him. It didn't look unreasonable in the show. Arthur Dayne was focused on Ned when Howland stabbed him in the back.

This. Ser Arthur Dayne fought for the Targaryen side during the war, he WAS one of the best swordsmen in the world, not to mention the war was pretty much over at the time.

Read the history BEFORE GoT started and things make a lot more sense. GoT is missing HUGE chunks of lore/story

>Why was he never charged of any crime?
You are literally a fucking retard. The only person with any say over any of the power Lords is the king they were fighting. Did you miss that part of the entire goddamn series? And quit comparing AWOL intantry laws in modern national armies to a medieval lord who is the law

Fuck. Nephew. How did I fuck that up?

Arthur Dayne also was the one who KNIGHTED Jaime Lannister

Not sure this will make it to the thread but this is an imgur link with photos explaining the details of how Robert's Rebellion went.

Sup ForumsjfhjD

People ITT need to read up on Robert's Rebellion.

or look up Epic History Baratheon/Targaryen on YT

Oh, dafuq is wrong with my brain.
Okay, then I'm not sure who would have the stronger claim to the Iron Throne. I mean, Dany currently has the power and the desire for it, whereas Jon doesn't give a fuck about it (and rightly so). I'm thinking Dany does, by way of lineage, but people seem to prefer having a King to a Queen if they can help it.

I hope they actually see eachother as allies, instead of Dany trying to pre-emptively stab Jon in the back because he's a "threat".
They have similar personality traits, with the difference being Dany will passionately attack an ideal, while Jon will passionately defend one.

Good read.

This post is a mess, and your point is nonsensical

I think Jon has the stronger claim by virtue of being male. However, you're right that he doesn't give a fuck. He's probably not even that interested in being King in the North. Targ or not, I feel he'd be happy to give Dany the Iron Throne. I don't think Dany would try to kill him, since suddenly she'll have blood family again. She just may want to marry him, since Targs do that anyways.

Rewatch the last scene, there weren't only Targaryan and Greyjoy ships in the fleet, but houses Martell and Tyrell as well.

Motherfucking Sansa will screw everything up, will kill jon to be the only Stark remaining so she can suck littlefinger's dick in the Iron Throne.

If Jon is the true born son of Rheagar (meaning he was married to Lyanna) then Jon is the heir to the throne. If they weren't married it's Danerys.

I think you missed the part where she shot littlefinger down.

She's the one to kill littlefinger

You're right, I derp'd

Ooohhh, that's a good point.

Oh yeah. Good point about Targaryens marrying eachother.
I don't know how down Dany would be for that, Jon for that matter...
Although, Dany IS going there with the intention of making alliances, possibly through marriage. Jon does have decent army now, as well as being an enemy of the people who hold what Dany wants. The only problem I see is that Jon and the rest of the North is going to want to kill all the Iron Born, including the rebels who are allied with Dany.

Indeed, I'd been stupid and forgotten. I think it'd be a weird direction to take the show, though. 7 seasons of Dany coming to Westeros just to find out she's technically second in line.

Fuck. Me. Okay, I really need to not watch shit while I'm falling asleep.
Thank you.

So Aegon came and conquered the 7 kingdoms, brought them all under a single banner. I wonder if Dany will break them back up.

That, or Jon will maintain the North as Warden to the Targaryens (like Torrhen Stark did in the past). Martell's will hold the south like before. Tyrells will hold as Wardens as well.

Lannisters gonna get fucked, then they'll deal with the white walkers.

and you missed the part where she expected to be titled "queen/warden of the north" just to be kicked in the cunt by everyone else acknowledging jon, you can actually see her brighten up as the girl says "the king in the north whose name is Stark" and then look upset when she follows up with "I don't care if he's a bastard".

After the scene Sansa looks at middlefinger and he stares back like saying " I told you bithc, you better do as I say"

Anyone else NOT cheering for Targaryen reign? Like, I get that she's got a claim, but the Targaryens were cunts.

HYPE

She didn't expect that nor was she upset

RIP

he pretty much says it in the original flashback

he was the mad king because he was going to do what Cersai did so was he really all that crazy of a king?

well, she went with a boom and left a great hole..

Well, Cersei is the cuntiest of the cunts

Littlefinger trying to get some

and just look at all those people cheering when she was crowned

Yes. Cersei is just as much of a crazy bitch as Aerys was a psychopath.

He was going to do it to all of kings landing not just the sept and cersie's pretty much crazy now so...

Kinda have to

Was it confirmed he was a Targaryen?
It was only confirmed he was Lyanna's son?
What if he was incest baby?

>Also, am I crazy or was the actor that played Arya in diguise the most attractive female on the show so far?

Agreed fam

You can't blame him really

Jamie's going to kill Cersei in the next season anyway.

It wasn't confirmed he's targaryen but it was strongly implied

doubt it, he loves her more than anything

Yeah, I think he'll fulfill the prophecy that Cersei was told, but I was hoping she'd get nuked by a dragon.

Consider the original title of the saga, too.
"A song of ice and fire"
Jon = ice
Daenerys = fire
Both targaryens, will end up together

>Am I the only one that thinks it has no sense how the plot around Jon being a Targaryen has no sense?
yes
>I mean, it if you kidnap one of the most valuable person in a war, you don't leave her unattended in a small tower, right?
It is not just a "Tower" but "The Tower of Joy"

>unattended
besides the best swordsman in the entire fucking kingdom yeah sure

Sansa's been educated by life enough now - she knows what Middlefinger wants and how he wants to achieve it. So she will use him a while and then get rid of him.

this.

then Jon will die after being poisons by the little finger. he's the game fucking mastery.

Not confirmed but, heavily implied since Rhaegar and her were a thing (Robert said Kidnapped, I personally think she just ran off with him based on her personality and preGOThistory)

Incest between Lyanna and who?

wasnt the prophecy that she will bury all her children? did i forget something?

but the dragon has 3 heads

I'm fact they were married that's why she done run off. it's in one of the flash backs you'll missed it apparently. literally you're all dumb fucks.

Prophecy was that she'd outlive all her children, that she'd be unseated by a younger more beautiful queen (which she thought was Margaery that's why she hated her) and that she'd be killed by her younger brother (who she assumed was tyrion, but could technically be Jaime since she was the twin born first)

Lyanna and Ned

ive had a similar theory... not of incest, but possibly Robert's son, or maybe Arthur Dayne's son (would explain Jon's amazing swordsman ability beyond just training as a Stark). Also, Targaryen's are well known for their white hair. Not saying that is concrete, but its something else.

All the pieces fit. Lyanna mysteriously dying (childbirth), the war lasting just under a year (enough for a kid), her being locked away far from the fighting in Dorne with 3 of the most elite fighters in the 7 kingdoms there, Ned coming home with a baby (he would never sire a bastard, honor and all that), Ned never talking about Jon's mother (terrible liar)

In the books he slowly grows to hate her

yes dragon has 3 heads thats why Jon is Ice, Daenerys is Fire and Randyll Tarly is Honey

The official story throughout the realm was that Rhaegar "kidnapped" Lyanna first and foremost. Dumb fuck.

So? My dad loved my mom more than anything too. Didn't stop him from killing her.

I guess a man can only deal with so much, at a certain point you just can't deal with their shit.

Lyanna has dark hair learn to genetics

How the fuck is the 3 headed dragon prophecy going to work in the show since they cut out Aegon Targaryen entirely. Right now there are 2 Targaryens. Who the fuck is the third dragon riding Targaryen in the show?

>Randyll Tarly is Honey
bacon... he's bacon

Kevin?

>So? My dad loved my mom more than anything too. Didn't stop him from killing her.
what? pls tell the story

you're an idiot that needs to pay closer attention. I can't even be added to tell you which episode since you're you're clearly low born.

>Who the fuck is the third dragon riding Targaryen in the show?

Bronn. It will be Bronn! He'll just use his charm on the female dragon and will seduce her

wtf man

They said Tyrion could be, since Aerys fucked Twyin's wife on their wedding night, and Tyrion's hair is much lighter than blonde in the books, but I don't like the whole "prophecy" trope personally. Cause now we're all on the look out like "OO WHO CAN IT BE"

Do you think R+L loved each other or was it kidnap and rape?

Did Lyanna and Robert ever had sex?

I had a question that maybe Sup Forums can help with...

Who had the stronger claim right now, Jaime (oldest male) or Cersai (oldest)? Not that Jaime is likely to challenge her, more of just a curiosity if it plays a role in the question of kingship/queenship

It's tyrion since he's the third targaryen. That's why the dragons didn't eat him when he released them from their chains.

Ok moron. I'm talking about books and the show, Lyanna being "kidnapped" started the war. L2read.

Guys what the fuck is with Howland Reed? I was expecting that he is High Sparrow and that Meera is not his daughter but Jon's sister