Rank, discuss, call each other niggers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDNzQ3CXspU
youtube.com/watch?v=ycjtuayZitA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fun house > s/t > raw power

Now I wanna be your dog/10

Nice, I just listened to their albums
s/t has their biggest hits but shows the band was inexperienced and rushed to finish the album
Fun House is flawless, especially title track
Raw Power is great, but the B side isn't as strong

I wish bootlegs of their time before the first record existed so i could hear them as the noise band they started as

there's nothing to rank
what you listed there are the 3 greatest rock album ever made
the only music that nu-males will truly never understand
it taps straight into the innermost male libido at its most uninhibited and decadent

youtube.com/watch?v=EDNzQ3CXspU

youtube.com/watch?v=ycjtuayZitA

But Dirt is the least masculine song from that album

Does anyone else think the MC5 are overrated? Kick Out the Jams is a great record but pails in comparison to the first 2 Stooges records. Also they couldn't make a studio album to save their fucking life

You are niggers

i disagree
on the surface dirt probably feels like the most vulnerable and miserable thing the stooges ever recorded, but actually going along with the groove of the music reveals its true nature and reveals it as one of the stooges' purest odes to unsatiable male lusts
the band goes totally beyond shame, totally beyond any traces of self-control or civility/compassion in their search for that true male sexual core, broken down and completely revealed and glorified. it's not sex as a result of love or sex as a result of hate or sex as a result of anything beyond itself, utterly abstract and utterly direct at the same time, complete and utter primal scream of intoxicated and cruel lust. the most decadent and perverse techno and industrial music still doesn't have shit on that song. calling it nihilistic is an understatement. just listen to that bridge section.
it's actually unbelievable to think that any band was that self-assured and that shameless and arrogant at that time, to go that deeply into the abyss in the late 60s/early 70s.

the first 3 stooges albums are basically the only music that anyone will ever need
everything that there ever was to express was expressed on those 3 records

damn right
they are a nu-male filter band

Raw Power > Fun house > s/t

The 10 minute psych attempt on s/t is unforgivable trash. They had no idea what they were doing

I like it

WarriorGeneOnVinyl/10

I don't like We Will Fall either but those are some big words for somebody that wasn't their 40+ years ago. It can be alright in certain situations.

You are by far the most pretentious person in this thread and I don't even not like Dirt. It just doesn't hold a candle to TV Eye

Anybody have any opinions on the thousand bootlegs there are?

the only reason some of the bootlegs are as highly regarded as they are was because of how poorly the proper stooges studio albums all performed upon release, how poorly they sold
because almost nobody bought the stooges LPs when they came out and because most critics shat all over them, the labels which put them out didn't bother with large-edition reisssues of them for ages
this resulted in the easiest way to actually hear the stooges in the pre-internet era being hunting down their live bootlegs which proliferated as the band's legend grew, and for a long time one of those bootlegs(i think it was metallic K.O.) was actually the best-selling stooges record in existence. it was actually more popular and more widespread than any of their studio LPs.
now that the stooges have gotten reevaluated and canonized and now that none of their records are ever gonna go out of print again, the bootlegs have ended up where they belong in the first place, as a historical curiosity for collectors and completionists rather than the only way to actually hear what all the hype was about to begin with.
none of the stooges bootlegs that i've heard have done much for me desu. i stick with the first 3 albums.

Have you ever heard the Have Some Fun one?

yep, actually own the LP
the improvised jam at the end is absolutely savage and ear-shattering, even with how muffled and crummy the sound quality of the recording is
the rest of it isn't all that interesting

fun house is a gift from god

Always thought 1970 from that bootleg was way better than the lp version