Are they the best goalkeepers in the world?

Are they the best goalkeepers in the world?
I think so

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jsKW7FL6vpg
youtube.com/watch?v=9S2m2Mcy49E
youtu.be/eVp9a_cdE7A?t=3m13s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

buffon is way past his prime.
in this euro, they were the two best.
outside the euro, buffon is still good, but awful on penalties. I don't know why they didn't sub him out or something. Young legs are always better in shootout scenarios.

There three great goalkeepers:
Neuer, Buffon and Casillas

where is De Gea and Joe Hart?

>no yachine
millenial cunt

yes

>Joe Hart

Casillas I'm not sure, after 2014 he wasn't that great anymore.

Keylor Navas and Jan GOATblak had fucking fantastic seasons, to be honest. Neuer is my favorite, but I think those two did better than him this season. And Buffon has been one of the best for a ridiculously long period; the grandpa is insane.

True, but he was good on his days and even won a World Cup

I'd take prime Casillas over anything, but that time is long gone

Did either of them crush Argentina's chances of winning anything during the last couple of years and absolutely obliterated Messi's will to live?

He called the shots perfectly, but couldn't make the save in time. Neuer always dives right, which seems to kinda work for him too, idk.
Best GKs in the world imo

Who are the greatest goalkeepers from the 2000s+

Van Der Sar?
Buffon?
Casillas?
Neur?

Well let me change my list of best goalkeepers...
Neuer, Buffon and ...Bravo after all his team kill us

Paul Rachubka?

>WC 2010
>WC 2014

May be... but you should consider another one

>nowadays
yes
>of all time
not even top ten

Point taken. Maybe Bravo should got to Bayern once he's older to become the backup keeper, so he and Neuer could laugh about Messi together.

But maybe Bravo isn't Bravo, maybe he is Manuel Neuer

youtube.com/watch?v=jsKW7FL6vpg

De Gea is better than Neuer, he almost lost it for them

>Won the title so he's good

There's several keepers who won UCL over Buffon, most of which aren't even in the tier below Buffon's.

Leaping ability goes for goalkeepers his age
You could tell on some penalties tonight but I also noticed this a lot during Kahn's last years

yeah, that's what I figured. Even though, if you were going to sub anyone in the last few minutes, you would be dumb not to sub the goalie.
I would like to see the stats of older goalies vs younger goalies in shootout scenarios.

Neither of you really figured Buffon out, then.

Buffon was N-E-V-E-R known for being a leaping frog. This is Buffon

youtube.com/watch?v=9S2m2Mcy49E

Godlike reflexes and positioning. He was never known for being "le flying keeper deflecting le cannonball to the top corner".

At his absolute best Buffon was unbeatable as long as your shoot within the circle. If you carefully aimed the ball you could always fuck him up. Look at 8 and 7, both are good but neither required some massive jumping.

Looks like an uglier version of my ex girlfriend.

Thanks for the feels, cunt.

I think he meant modern otherwise Casillas definitely doesn't belong there.

>no Kahn
>no Cech

Bravo is shit

>English goalkeeping

Did they save a single penalty today? All players missed the goal

Bravo and Romero are better than these 2 overrated fags

Joe hart isn't even the best english goalkeeper.

prime buffon was inhuman. If it was physically possible to make a save he would make it

Considering the shitty defense he has, I'd say Donnarumma has shown to be a very good heir for our NT.
Let him grow a bit but the signs are there.

still, his reflexes are off.

Oliver Kahn?

The other GK was fucking Sirigu.
Should have brought Toldo just in case.

Neuer saved 3, Buffon saved 1

Why does he keep getting picked for the national team then?

>look up Donnarumma
>born in 1999

when did i grow so old

gordon banks
felix
kahn
bufon
neuer

who started the meme "buffon is awful at penalties" he's an all time GOAT keeper

well he's never been particularly good at penalties.
Not that he's bad at them, just not as godly good at them as in everything else. There are other keepers who are better tha him at penalties.

>implying penalties determines a gk greatness
buffon is superb in general for his age, but any 38 year old wouldn't have been able to keep up with a mostly mid 20 team that just won the world cup.

shut up dude, he is not a fucking winger, GKs plays for their whole life and they only start to peak at like 30 years or something, of course he can keep up with his squad he doesn't have to fucking run the whole pitch over and over again.

Buffon is amazing at penalties, he predicted every side and blocked a lot. Unfortunately the rest of his idiot team kept missing shots badly.

buffon plays for italy, the 2nd oldest team in the cup.
also, he was slow on penalties, predicted them right, but missed many.
nigger he blocked a single shot do you niggers think he plays for germany or something

>Buffon is amazing at penalties, he predicted every side and blocked a lot
he wasn't this good at penalties in the past. His reflexes have slowed down somewhat in general, but I guess more experience has made him better at penals

>he predicted every side and blocked a lot
He blocked one, and failed to block several others who were awfully taken, what's the use of picking the right corner if you're not gonna block it. Meanwhile Neuer saves two and autists sperg out "He was just lucky and diving randomly"

spare a thought for scuffet
>hyped to the moon, labelled the next buffon
>suddenly, donnarumma arrives on the scene
>at the same time, farmed out to serie B

If anything some of the penalties being shit helped the takers, the one where it was just too close to Buffon, but he dived the right way moreso than others. If that had been in the corner, he'd have saved it. Zaza was the biggest choke i've ever seen and i'm still wondering why you'd put someone that fresh on pens.

they were awfully taken because they knew buffon had almost caught the ones before and was guessing their side, so they had to shoot as strong and as far away from him as possible.
Which results in missed penalties

>casillas

I don't bloody know.

I may be biased by being a forest fan but I'd put shilton over banks desu

I just love how when memers talk about best goalies they forget this dude.

Best casual filter. Big part of why Valencia was such a good team in the early 00's.

You should consider the whole 120 minutes rather than just the penalties, Neuer had a much easier time during the game itself.

>Memenizares

How Pagliuca is disregarded is a bigger tragedy.

Predicting the right side didn't help Buffon much because his leaping abilities don't get him more than one foot off the ground

I'm pretty sure the Buffon 6-10 years ago had more hops than the one we saw tonight

he got neuer and buffon mixed up, i think.

1. Peter Schmeichel
2. Neuer (in two years becomes bestkeeperever)
3. Khan
4. Buffon (legend as a person)
5. Higuita (bc friend with pablo escobar)

1. Rui Patricio
2. Neuer
3. Bufon

I fucking hate the italians, but Buffon is a cool guy.

best goalies are bald goalies

>Rui Patricio

right now neuer is on top.
matching gigi career, however, is a very long shot.

t. butthurt kurwa

not really. the hardest of buffons achievements, if we're talking team achievements, is the world cup and neuer already has that. plus he has a CL as well, unlike buffon.

To be honest Buffon has been at the top for like what, 20 years? And he always performed well. That's why he's considered the GOAT - he never really went under a certain great level in his performances over the years.

At one point some may have been better than him but for a few years at most. In the end, the test of time favors Gigi.

Also had a god tier save against Germany and Spain.

OTP
Doujins when?

Buffon is GOAT because of how long he has been consistently great. Casillas used to be good but he didn't stand the test of time. Neuer still has to perform well for a number of years before he can match Buffon.

>Khan
>Eligible for the GOAT list

Look mate, when you're the captain of your countries football team and proceed to do THIS* in the World Cup Final, effectively giving them the cup you lose all claim to belonging on the list of GOAT keepers

If that had never happened he'd have been top 5 for sure, but people are too quick to overlook this monumental error. Possibly the biggest goalkeeping error of all time.

youtu.be/eVp9a_cdE7A?t=3m13s

Neuer is currently the best in the world and there's no contest
Buffon during his peak was even more dominant though, and has maintained world class status for 20 years. that will be difficult for Neuer to beat that

>This
also DEGEA is good

>Joe Hart
>Goalkeepng
choose one

ebin :^)

2 of the 5 best currently playing in OP's picture

undisputed non-geriatric power ranking
1. de gea
2. oblak
3. courtois
8. ederson
9. joe hart

De Gea is better than at least 1 of them

Do the players always shoot left?

This sums it up well

he's hot

ITT: Newfags who can't even Rinat Dasaev

Well that's mostly because Italy was stacked to the ceiling with world class goalkeepers in the 90s. Peruzzi, Pagliuca, Toldo, Young Buffon etc..

wait, isn't she the girl from the psycho gf maymay?

>De Gea
>comically loses the ball against a croatian defender which almost resulted in a goal
>gets beaten at his near post against Croatia
>punches freekick in front of him against Italy which resulted in a goal

>people still compare him to the GOATs

De gea, Oblack, Courtuois and Navas are on the level of Neuer. Buffon is currently worse than all of them.

>No Dino Zoff
>No Seaman
>No Barthez

kek

>Courtuois
>on the level of Neuer.

nah mate, I watch most of bayerns, all of germany's games and al Chelsea games in the past 2 years and courtuois is no where near as good as neuer. maybe he'll get there when he's 30 but not right now. he doesnt have his mentality or reflexes and makes far more mistakes.

ÜBERMENSCH

>no Yashin

>9. Joe Heart

Are you on drugs?

courtois isn't at this moment but he could be in a few years

I hate to be that girl but look at that fucking stud.
I want to carry it's babbies.

If not for Kahn Germany had bever been anywhere near the finals. If Klinsmann had went for Kahn instead of Lehmann in 2006 Germany might have even won, cause Kahn would've saved Grosso's shot