/maghrib/ /mena/

Why isnt morocco a major airline hub. Look at pic related.

Notth americas (yellow) can efficently fly to morocco and onwards to green europe, brown middle east, africa (purple) and further (far east via brown, southeast asia via purple). Likewise south america (pink because theyre ghey) can efficently fly to orange/green europe and brown middle east/far east.

Oil is cheap
Most of these flights from south america have to pass through moroccan offshore/onshore airspace..

This bugs me for ages...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OkS6PZzq1fU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWdKzF8ZexY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3rfX-L-zLpw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they are a shit country

Because Moroccans live there

This right here

You can stop in Spain instead

I think it 's just that they don't have the money/resources to actually build a massive airport. Dubai international airport cost many billions of dollars to construct, and even more when you count the fleet that needed to be purchased.
Besides, Morocco is far off from Asia. Why would they go to Morocco when they could go to Istanbul International? Ya feel?
Not a satisfying answer to be quite honest. You have other countries that have gone through similar things and they still manage to unite or at least cooperate. It must be genetic.

because DXB INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT is GOAT 2bh

Just watched (or rather listened) to you.
That first part really irritated me. It made me laugh, you're really funny. But memes are so overused that just the word meme is enough to irritate me.

Aside from that I had a good laugh desu. Would like your page if it wasn't an automatic hax desu

Papa bless senpai, I appreciate it a lot.

I wanted to do a bit about how people treat veterans and talk about war & genocide, but I felt the audience wouldn't have been ready for it, so I had to try and pander for a bit to try and talk about economics without losing the crowd.

Gonna try and work it (war) into my next gig, since that's longer and I'm more flexible.

>you have other countries that have gone through similar things
yes but their peoples are different and operate under different axioms.

Yeah almost closed when he got to that part but kept on watching and it was worth it
contagious smile

>yes but their peoples are different and operate under different axioms.

What did he mean by this?

Look, I am almost certain that deep down most people in MENA want Arabs to work together (with the exception of the Kurds and the Jews, of course).

:3

you guys

Basically, the nature of the ottoman empire as a loose empire allowed such strong cultural divergence that people fundamentally align themselves differently- more according to their little locus than some nebulous shared dream. In turn, any pan-arabist ideas would ignore those nuances, and people would feel left out.

>work together
yes

>one nation
no

the Arab League could become more like the EU, but that would be an economic nightmare.

The gulfies need to be genocided in order for the dream of greater palestine to be realized

How did they see your gig? I want to laugh as well

The only issue with having one nation is that you would never see an Arab politician willingly give up power. Arab politicians are some of the most stubborn motherfuckers on the face of the Earth. They won't give up power until you have a boot on their cheek and a rifle pointed up their ass.

Nevertheless, I think the only hope left is that we create something between the EU and the U.S.
Basically like how the United States was in the early 1800's. Not exactly a unified sovereign country, but more of a collection of states that all have representatives and such. Perhaps after a generation or two, given the heightened prosperity and Arab nationalism, some states will be able to merge.

the link is here

Why?

what do you mean why?

We would be dealing with the same issues as the EU, but even worse. Also, we don't have the same institutions needed to maintain anything.

>human rights
>accountability
>equal treatment of peoples
>allegiance to institutions not people
>nepotism
>religion

all of these things fundamentally screw us over, making a union impossible.

Are we helping Israel or what?

haha don't worry
yemen isn't in the gulf ;) you will be reunited with your brothers in ethiopia instead

>>human rights
>>accountability
>>equal treatment of peoples
>>allegiance to institutions not people
>>nepotism
>>religion

Well I was thinking the whole thing would be secular and such. But I see "secular" is a word that isn't even in the typical Arab's vocabulary.
Good bantz.

it's just that no one has ever disputed this before. gulfies NEED to be genocided. you're weird

yup, that makes it pretty difficult

Think about it. Europe began just as backwards as us and arguably even more disunited. It's going to be a tough job facilitating cooperation in the Arab world but it's not insurmountable.
How about nobody gets genocided?

you're right
we'll wait until you get replaced by foreign workers

>How about nobody gets genocided?
oh absolutely. aside from glufies of course. they kinda need to be genocided

more good bantz from jordan

Yeah, but then because of the scramble for Africa and the subsequent period of nationalism old conflicts were redrawn along nationalist lines rather than religiously based lines. Thus, after the two colossal nationalistic conflicts that wrecked the area, the EU's wounds healed on secular lines. We sort of had that with the Arab-Israeli wars, but then because of state's failures to address the frustrations instead of weakening the institutions of religion and their legitimacy we strengthened them, which is why the frame of comparison doesn't work.

Saudi Arabia isn't Italy; Italy's secular and doesn't get it's legitimacy & influence in the region through religion.

Saudi Arabia, on the other hand, does. To the point where the official title of the King is "5adem al-7aramayn al Shareefayn"

Try upsetting that order and advocating a secular state.

Not very kind of you to say that.

so weird..

Good that you mentioned Italy because they're the Pope's crib, basically, right? Well, technically the Vatican is but you get what I mean.
People in Europe used to view the Pope with the same allegiance. So we just need to know how the Europeans gradually broke away from dogma.

That's exactly what I talked about in the first paragraph. Their evolution is different to ours, I even drew the comparison and highlighted why things aren't the case for us in the same way.

Mad respect from me because you're doing what you like doing best. I wish you the best, and yes you're a funny guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=OkS6PZzq1fU
>be ayy lmao
>lock up your students for being sexually harassed

liberalism

Appreciate it a lot mayne! :D

Dude you are fucking hilarious. I'm listening to your standup. Shit's terrific.

Kill yourself

Stay classy.

Thank you dude! I'm glad you like it as well :D

it's always bomb to make people laugh about shit

هههههههههههههععععععععع

Kill yourself please

Adbul....

No probs man.
Big respect for following your passion. I've always wanted to be a voice actor but I don't have your balls.

Post-1257 fall of baghdad middle east wars be like

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWdKzF8ZexY

I just hate it that you can only spam that. I want for 2017 that you stop spamming this.

what's stopping you man? What's the worst that can actually happen if you approach it gradually?

Wrong link

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3rfX-L-zLpw

I guess the whole fear of failing. Also family pressure since they want me to have a basic job like engineer, professor, or doctor. I've also heard that the entertainment business is highly nepotistic.

Because the Khaleeji's will try to make themselves the kings of a united arab world just like they do with Islam. Everyone knows Khaleeji's only care about themselves, their ego, their image, and their power. Fuck all of you gulfniggers

Yes. Saudi Arabia and Israel are unofficial allies

>south america (pink because theyre ghey)
kek

Not at all.
The ideal capitol would be Egypt. Gulf countries would probably just be the financial center at first but then after a while other countries would catch up and develop as well.

Stop trying to portray us as monsters. Some of us are greedy assholes, sure. But most of us are not. Calling all of us this or that will never solve anything, neither will being divisive.

In the sense that they both have a common enemy, Iran, yes. But the whole "the enemy of your enemy is your friend" logic almost never works out.

And they don't care about Palestinians and the rest of the Levantine. And they both suck US dick. Shall I go on?
You mention Iran. It really says something when they've done far more for the Levantine than the Khaleeji's ever have

>And they don't care about Palestinians and the rest of the Levantine. And they both suck US dick. Shall I go on?
>You mention Iran. It really says something when they've done far more for the Levantine than the Khaleeji's ever have

Reza, you're a cute guy but sometimes you say some silly stuff.

I'm Syrian but nice try.
If you want examples, hezbollah kept Israel from annexing Lebanon. Saudi's don't care that Israel has illegal Palestinian land, Iran actually cares, hezbollah cares and fights for Palestinians. Iran prevented the Saudi/Israeli backed "moderate rebels" from overthrowing a secular leader Assad and having Syria become a Saudi puppet state.

>Saudi's don't care that Israel has illegal Palestinian land
Israel is not recognized by Saudi Arabia nor do the Saudis conduct business with them. Just get over yourself already. The Gulf countries are not going to war with Israel again. We HAVE, however, been helping to coordinate peace accords for decades.
>Iran prevented the Saudi/Israeli backed "moderate rebels" from overthrowing a secular leader Assad and having Syria become a Saudi puppet state.

Assad is about as secular as Pope Francis. Him and his father have been persecuting the Sunni majority for over 40 years. What Iran has been doing is keeping THEIR puppet state in charge -- a puppet that has been killing tens of thousands of your people. Spare me from your propaganda, Mr. Ayatollah.

my ancestors ;__;

When you guys say you hate gulfies... You don't actually mean Iraq too... r-right?

TÜRK = GENOCIDAL = RACIST = BOZKURT = T.E.D.S FOLLOWER = ALPHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA. Wish assman was here to read this (๑>◡

>Israel is not recognized by Saudi Arabia nor do the Saudis conduct business with them
Do you also believe Israel has no nukes just because they say so? :^)
Saudis can say what they want, but their actions, or lack of actions speak for themselves
Just because Assad is an independent leader and doesn't have Khaleeji cock in his mouth doesn't make him an Iran puppet.
Israel and the Khaleeji's both want Assad gone for the same reasons, to destabilize the ME and to turn Syria into a pro US/Saudi/Israeli state
>killing tens of thousands of your people
Al nusra/ISIS affiliated "rebels" are not my people. Assad coalition is mostly Syrians composed of Sunni, Shia, Alawites, and Christians. FSA aren't even Syrians. Most of them are terrorists from the gulf states
No. Iraqi's are only linguistically Arab like the Levantine.

I like gulfies tbqh

I know right?! Like what did gulfies do besides existing? Yeah I dont care about the countries itself but the people are wonderful. And besides the fact that their existence gives so much butthurt to assman and people like assman just gives me lotsa cummies.

really makes you think

They aren't all bad. Just the ones who support their governments are.

There were Arabs in those areas way before Islam. Literally look up some of the Roman Emperors like Caracalla, whose mother was from an esteemed Arab clan from Homs. I'm not going to take lessons from a historically-illiterate Iranian puppet like you.

>Do you also believe Israel has no nukes just because they say so? :^)
Of course not. And that is one of the primary reasons why we are not going to take any direct military actions on Israel.
>Just because Assad is an independent leader and doesn't have Khaleeji cock in his mouth doesn't make him an Iran puppet.
It's funny because the primary reason for Iran and Russia getting involved is over some oil pipeline being built from Qatar to the Balkans. Congratulations, you just supported someone who killed 240,000 Syrians just so he can preserve Russo-Iranian economic interests.
>Israel and the Khaleeji's both want Assad gone for the same reasons, to destabilize the ME and to turn Syria into a pro US/Saudi/Israeli state
This is the issue with you. No matter what the Gulf countries do, you will always throw these words around. Nothing but self-serving selective.
>Al nusra/ISIS affiliated "rebels" are not my people. Assad coalition is mostly Syrians composed of Sunni, Shia, Alawites, and Christians. FSA aren't even Syrians. Most of them are terrorists from the gulf states

Amazing how anyone can just dehumanize 240,000+ dead Syrians by just dismissing them as "ISIS" or "al-Nusra". This is just sad.

You are just like the Israelis who dismiss dead Palestinians by saying "oh they were just terrorists." Your hypocrisy is just astounding.

all of our shitholes have these kinds of people

I like palestinians tbqh
I like you too Syrian user.
Am I wonderful too Loubna-chan? ^_^

I like iranians too

I don't support the Saudi government completely. Nor do I support any government completely.

But I am not blind, either. Saudi Arabia being the dominant political force in the Middle East is much better than the Iranian alternative. This is just how it is.

@___@ felicia*
:3 and yes you're wonderful. I like iran a lot. Oh you were sarcastic? Tbh I based my opinion for emotional reasons >.> i know a few nice gulfie diaspora
.___." Idk anything about the politics of mena and frankly idc
.-. Im a ditzy attention whore after all
You're syriangirl from previous thread?

>Oh you were sarcastic?
nope, just find your autism interesting

ʕ•̫͡•ʔ why? Haha

>240,000+ dead Syrians
Through a war that Saudi Arabia/US/Israel started. And you mention the pipeline, that's one of the reasons Saudi Arabia and the US wanted to off Assad. He said no to the pipeline. There's documented proof the US government has been trying to overthrow him since 2006.
And you call me a hypocrite? Saudi Arabia is doing the same thing in Yemen that Assad in Syria, but Saudi Arabia isn't Yemen's government so they have no business there.
And the "moderate rebels" are ISIS and al nusra affiliates. Assad doesn't kill innocent civilians. The FSA and ISIS kills most of them.
And a majority of Syrians support Assad. You've been listening to too much US/Khaleeji state sponsored media.
I love you too

it's entertaining

It all is, yeah.

But these things aren't mutually exclusive man. If you develop yourself while doing something else & then begin looking for alternatives when you're ready for that then you should be fine.

T-thanks Loubna-chan. I like you a lot too!
T-thanks palestinian-kun. You make me blush :3

>And a majority of Syrians support Assad.
I don't really think that is true.

(*´Д`*) do you consider yourself to be a gulfie or something? ʕ•̫͡•ʔ
(゚ω゚) is the part when I suddenly insulted assman out of nowhere the entertaining part?

GET
OUT

no

>Through a war that Saudi Arabia/US/Israel started
Uh.... no. The Syrian Civil War started once Assad told his troops to start gassing protesters.
>And you call me a hypocrite? Saudi Arabia is doing the same thing in Yemen that Assad in Syria, but Saudi Arabia isn't Yemen's government so they have no business there.

Saudi Arabia has just as much business in Yemen as Iran has in Syria. It's just the complete opposite situation, with Iran supporting Houthi terrorist rebels who are trying to oust the elected president.
>Assad doesn't kill innocent civilians.
Hahahah!
>And a majority of Syrians support Assad. You've been listening to too much US/Khaleeji state sponsored media.

Yeah, maybe because Assad has either killed or forced all of the people who don't support him out of the country. The vast majority of the people who "support" Assad simply view him as a last resort. They just want things to go back to how they were before the war. That doesn't mean they support Assad. It just means they are tired of all the loom and doom.

While I appreciate the sentiment that Assad is a "shining beacon against Western imperialism" the truth of the matter is that he is the product of Western imperialism. And now, he has welcomed new colonizers, Iran and Russia, to the show.

No, I'm a Syrian guy who mostly lurks, sometimes posts.
But we do. Most Syrians outside of Syria don't like Assad due to misinformation/manipulation from the media, but most cities in Syria are very pro Assad. He is a democratically elected secular leader after all who represents all Syrians except the salafists who want to overthrow him.

Σ('◉⌓◉’) woahhh you must be one of my personas then. ._." Gosh I'm such an evol crazy girl.

this is why i dont come here anymore
youre all faggots please die

>He is a democratically elected secular leader after all who represents all Syrians except the salafists who want to overthrow him.

Idk man
I visit refugee camps every once in a while and they definitely don't view him as their beloved leader
And I feel that has little to do with media mainuplation

>do you consider yourself to be a gulfie or something
Eww no. I agree with a lot of what the Syrian user says, but I know the Emirati is a troll or one of Murad's personas so I just ignore him.
I don't hate gulf Arabs, it's mostly their governments. I have some friends from the gulf, but I see them in a lot of the same ways as the Lebanese user I suppose.
And I'm a non sectarian Muslim so I love Sunni's a lot! I just want all of us to be friends desu

It's because the refugees are salafist borderline terrorists themselves who support ISIS and al-nusra, and have Khaleeji cock stuck in their throats. It's a complicated situation, but they're the only group who wanted to overthrow Assad, and they're butthurt they got rekt.
If they got their way then every single group in Syria besides them would be oppressed and massacred, even the moderate noncrazy Sunnis.

Σ('◉⌓◉’) woah you're a really good person
(●´ω`●) this makes me so happy to hear!

I always wondered, is this pic shopped?

Not really, the toilets are disgusting with water and dirt fucking everywhere on the floor. Araps man...

The layout is also quite annoying and uncomfy in my opinion.

You're not fooling anyone here. "Ooh guys love and sunshine and butterflies, right? Why can't we all just love each other!"

Meaningless pandering.
"Everyone who disagrees with my God-emperor is a terrorist"