I have just see this movie (yeah it's from 2001 and I know it but I have never watch it)

I have just see this movie (yeah it's from 2001 and I know it but I have never watch it)

Seriously, is this the biggest piece of american propaganda and silly war movie ever??

> One guy in the downed chopper kills 100 somalis
> Somalis are portrayed like literally zombies
> Only one afroamerican in all the platoons, only one hispanic (when there are a lot of them in the usa army)

And sure I leave more things.

When I saw that Jerry Bruckheimer is one of the producers I understand it a little more but anyway, american patriotism at his best.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Gordon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Shughart
youtube.com/watch?v=5hQLrbfxeiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Ybju5hb8nkc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To be fair the casualty ratio really was something ridiculous like 60 Somali militiamen for every US and UN casualty.

It still was a massive clusterfuck and the movie did portray that

>One guy in the downed chopper kills 100 somalis

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Gordon

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Shughart

>One guy in the downed chopper kills 100 somalis
Ambassador Robert B. Oakley, the U.S. special representative to Somalia, is quoted as saying: "My own personal estimate is that there must have been 1,500 to 2,000 Somalis killed and wounded that day

> Somalis are portrayed like literally zombies
did i miss the scene were somalis were reanimated from the dead.

>> Only one afroamerican in all the platoons, only one hispanic
darkies hate the infantry.

you sound like a SJW

I don't know what it's like now but traditionally there aren't a lot of minorities in the special forces. Usually it's gung ho country boys.

Ok, I have read some of that and I also know the movie is based in true event but, do you think that the battle was like in the movie???

25 somalis shooting with automatic weapons, rpg's, etc. and two guys against them without moving...

seems a little unrealistic to me

I like the movie though, I take it like it is, american patriotism.

And it came in decembre 2001 when people were angry because of 9/11 and this movie sure increased the moral of the american people to go to war and get revenge.

>1 guy kills 100
It happened
>somalis are zombies
They're low IQ poor people wit a tendency toward violence. They pretty much are zombies.
>MUH DIVERSITY!
Kill yourself.

fuck off

When it's two of the military's finest that were trained to kill and hold a position, yeah they'll hold against a bunch of hungry somali's who've barely ever held a gun

there are no war films just anti war films

people are plebs the propaganda is forced down their throats. of you view the movie like that it just reinforces how you feel as opposed to specifically changing your mind and making you feel patriotic

...you realize it's a true story, right?
The book is even crazier; I recall one part where the humvee driven was blinded by glass from the windshield or something but kept driving through the town running people over

>war movie
>must be anti patriotism
i wish this meme would stop

US -160 men plus 19 aircraft
Somalis - 4000-6000
Please tell me how you would shoot that without making it look like a horde of zombies?

Making that the somalis don't act so irracionally.

Not going in the middle of the streets or running like fucking dumbs.

Taking cover.

Portraying them like what they are, humans.

But this was a american patriotic movie, I get it.

>Making that the somalis don't act so irracionally.
They weren't trained soldiers, they were militia and civilians. They would be acting pretty stupid.

>Not going in the middle of the streets or running like fucking dumbs.
see above

>Taking cover.
See above

>Portraying them like what they are, humans.
HAHAHA

>But this was a American patriotic movie, I get it.
It wasn't about patriotism you massive cuck. That's just the new buzzword for American war films.

You're a fucking idiot. Do some research.

Have you ever seen 3rd worlders fight when not using bombs and hiding within a civilian populace? Its a complete shitshow, they don't know how to aim, they don't know how to use their numbers effectively. Most of them have never held a gun before the conflict they are currently involved with. They get completely smashed almost every time they go up against any organization that has training not just americans.

There is a reason that shit dies down immediately after the first week of conflict and becomes 99% IEDs and suicide bombers.

Welcome, Somalisan!

Fuck off

Dude, Somalia is the asshole of the world, and the people clinging to it are the lowest form of humans on the planet. I'm not even saying it's all necessarily their fault, but Somalis being retards is a fact. Intelligence does not thrive there.

ITT: Op doesnt understand history or military tactics

this film, apart from some issues, is extremely accurate and respectful to the event and people in it. The Somalis were uneducated, religiously fanatic and oppressed, so they acted like animals a lot of the time. Almost none had ANY training or even experience. there are hundreds of hours of arabs in syria and iraq who have some expirence fighting barely performing better than the somalis in the film.

OP needs to educate himself.

>25 somalis shooting with automatic weapons, rpg's, etc. and two guys against them without moving...

This is how a professional African army handles combat. Now imagine how effective an untrained militia high on Khat is.

The video after that shows a handful of French troops turning up and cleaning up the whole situation about 20 minutes after they arrive.

You sound like a piece of shit

lol at this obvious illiterate jelly shitskin

cant even speak english

Forgot video youtube.com/watch?v=5hQLrbfxeiQ

Yeah. The movie also doesn't show how they tied Americans to cars and dragged them through the fucking streets.

is the book good?

The two snipers scene is one of the most hype scenes in any film ever

Can't watch it without getting a boner.

Yeah, it even inspired a movie.

Enough with the sjw shit. Can we discuss how this is one of the best casts ever? Everybody good is in this fuckin movie

Holy shit, BG4U was in it?

We're talking about malnourished civilians (with zero experience in combat or using a weapon) full of adrenaline in the middle of a war-zone in the poorest part of the poorest continent of the world. I
Those people probably never used a gun in their lives and were fighting against trained soldiers with the best gear in the world.

you forgot legolas and tom sizemore

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHOS BLACKHAWK YOURE SHOOTING DOWN? YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS ARE DEAD

i dont know how i missed him at #3 :'(

Phil Dunphy too.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ybju5hb8nkc

>Motivations women will NEVER understand

>Motivations women will NEVER understand
Leaving everything behind to fuck some niggers? I'm sure women understand this.