>He thinks "lingua franca" means "french language"

I really don't like this thread

I must say.
I'm glad the world's lingua franca is not French or some other retarded shit

>frankish language

>French
>retarded

You fucking delet this

Lingua Franca was first used in medieval Europe around the 15 century and it really did refer to french as the diplomatic language

See

Be happy that french were here to prevent english to use germanic """"""""words"""""""" like "firststuff".

I have already seen this shitpost

the language of love

Fuck you frog.I love Anglish.

And that is why you are worse than jews.

French looks like medieval portuguese

I don't think bongs are proud of your love, m8

SANS LINGUA FRANCA

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I really connected with that guy, and felt his views resonate with my own experiences of seeing the english language spread, and the eroding effect it has upon smaller languages.

Did you know that when Sweden was negotiating membership into the EU the government was prepared (even willing) to not have swedish be set as an official language of the EU? Only because of pressure from Finland did it actually get assigned as one. Skullface could have been written as a swedish character and nothing about him would be changed.

The termlingua francaoriginated as the name ofa particular languagethat was used around theeastern Mediterranean Seaas the main language of commerce and diplomacy, from late medieval times, especially during theRenaissance era, to the 18th century. At that time,Italian-speakers dominated seaborne commerce in the port cities of theOttoman Empireand a simplified version of Italian, including manyloan wordsfromGreek,Old French,Portuguese,Occitan, andSpanishas well asArabicandTurkishcame to be widely used as the "lingua franca" (in the generic sense used) of the region.

InLingua Franca(the specific language),linguameans a language, as in Portuguese and Italian, andfrancais related tophrankoiin Greek andfaranjiin Arabic as well as the equivalent Italian. In all three cases, the literal sense is "Frankish", but the name was actually applied to all Western Europeans during the lateByzantine Empire.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingua_franca

This.
Should eliminate the Frenchie influence in English completely.

>Rumeni

but what would you use for beef, pork, pastries, mustard.. ?
the american fast "food" industry depends on french mon dieu !

Attributed to the relevance of America, perhaps?

Cow, pig, use already existing words like any other language, or coin new ones from root words.

Lingua Franca non Anglicus, Lingua Barbarorum Germaniae est

????

>Aspiring translator studying translation/specializing in Spanish
>like learning new languages
>career is pointless anyways cuz errone will be speakin English soon enough

Is it still called lingua franca as a reminder that English cucked French?
If so, that is incredibly rude.