ITT: People who did nothing wrong

ITT: People who did nothing wrong

He let his wife get killed when he could have just let Rob walk out, have Rob's mom let his teenage wife go, and kill him and her outside.

Growing his hair long while balding.

walder frey ain't give a fuck

>ruin your familys reputation and ensure its destruction because you are butthurt

He may have gone too far in some places

The Freys had a bad reputation already

He gambled by siding with Robb, Tyson would have destroyed his house had he not turned cloak

>He let his wife get killed

No he let's his retarded grandson get killed. I'm pretty sure Jinglebell's a grandson anyway.

And he never was much use

The real question is will he give a fuck about Fat Walda

Fat walda was poisoned by enemies of the north

apparently choosing the entire species over some children makes you a villian

He was in a precarious position. People overlook the fact that the Northron rebellion was doomed before the Red Wedding. After that hothead Robb Stark lost the Karstarks the war was lost. Backing the Lannisters was a safe bet considering he could not have anticipated that house imploding the way it ultimately does. Taking Lord Tywin's offer was the best thing he could have done given the information he had. Walder Frey is an insufferable cunt, he isn't the mindless monster Starkfags make him out to be.

This. Both the Boltons and the Freys acted out of self preservation.

>Tyson

Personally I blame Catelyn for the loss of the Karstarks more than I blame Robb. Yes, he could have sent Lord Karstark to the wall the way Cat and Roose advised, but his hold on that allegiance was tenuous at best after Cat released Jaime like a fucking idiot. The two Lannister prisoners would never have been killed if not for Catelyn's fucking idiocy. He should have had her locked away as soon as he heard Bran and Rickon were killed. But fuck that, he never should have let Theon go to Iron Born to begin with. He clearly didn't understand Iron Born culture if he thought they were going to team up and be buds, even if Theon hadn't turned his cloak. Robb was a piss poor leader in general, and was destined for failure with or without the Red Wedding.

Bolton was definitely in it more for the power than self preservation. Also a kind of suto-revenge against the Starks for outlawing flaying which was basically a big fuck you to the boltons
Frey did it because he was still pissed about Rob dicking him over on marrying one of his daughters, then having the gall to offer him fucking blackfishs son instead which he took as an insult.

Yeah it was a smart move politically but both sides had much stronger motives

is she TS?

Yeah, ole' Roosey was a forward thinker, but I honestly don't think he would have turned cloak if he thought Robb had any chance of winning. He made the most out of a shitty situation.

idk I imagined his castle smelled terrible

The Starks and Boltons hated each other for about as long as there had been Starks and Boltons. He would have turned cloak as soon as an opportunity presented itself.

He could've just told robb to fuck off. Not kill him, his mother and allies.

I imagine most everything in GoT smells terrible. People don't bathe terribly often, plus I bet it's hard to launder all of those elaborate outfits without a neighborhood dry cleaner. Just imagine how the throne room must smell during Tyrion's trial. I bet the shitty perfume and pussy funk is enough to choke a donkey.

The principal in the Breakfast Club

>He could've just told robb to fuck off. Not kill him, his mother and allies.
And earn the ire of two separate warring military factions? What, was Robb just going to say, "meh, alright. Let's all go home now"? Plus, the Red Wedding was Tywin's plan, not Frey's. If he turned down Twin's offer it would be seen as an act of defiance. His house house would be obliterated.

Say anything you want about his motives, the position of the war, potential allies, etc. etc. etc.

He broke the ONE RULE you do not break in Westeros. He broke the Geneva Convention tier rule against fucking over your guests.

All he had to do was simply bar his gates and Robb would have been fucked.

Instead he pulled a move that did a lot more than humiliate his house, it utterly ruined its reputation. In the book, the retribution for this is pretty clear. The Freys lose members of their house to the Brotherhood without Banners simply killing them, and to things like that fat northern lord ( forget his name ) having people 'killed by raiders' etc. than they ever would have in a war.

well to be fair they lit a lot of candles back in the day. Which acts as odor replant

>Sup Forums
>bookfag referencing Jinglebell

Sup Forums is not the place for grrm's adaptation/fanfiction