Geek culture is cancer

>geek culture is cancer
or
>fandom are cancer

Any group of people whose only association is the media they consume are bound to be a terrible lot.

As evidence I submit: Anime Cons & Comic Cons

Geek/pop culture is awful, but that doesnt excuse the trailer

I mean he is not wrong. Geek Culture is full of cunt, but that doesn't make his movie any less shit.

At the end of the day it's all cancer

This.

>you'd have to be an asshole to dislike my movie

Doesn't calling people assholes just make you an asshole too?

He's right that people who go out and start fucking retarded hate campaigns to dislike trailers and attack films they haven't seen are cunts.

On the other hand, the film does look like shit and nobody would want to see it.

>Remake a movie that doesn't need a remake
>Genderswap it
>WHY ARE PEOPLE MAD?

Autistic fuck. I hope the movie bombs

Not if they deserve it.

making a shit movie means you have to take criticism.

who knew?

Feig is an idiot, but geek culture is cancer.

>"YOU FANS ARE JUST SEXIST!"
>"Please pay to see my movie though"

Both are awful, but the worst fandoms are a level of awful that nothing else can ever come close to touching.

I hope this ends his career, he's a complete moron and a faggot to boot.

Ghostbusters should tank, it looks like tripe and not even normies are interested in it.

the hive-mind is cancer incarnate

Gerk culture is filled with many intelligent and creative people(mostly from patrician websites like tumblr and reddit).
Most of the cancerous parts comr from garbage sites like Sup Forums.

Geeks = hispters

>make >product< for >insert culture herethey don't like it
>WOW FUCKING ENTITLED MUCH? FUCKING GEEK/GAMER/FANDOM CULTURE IS FUCKING CANCER AND AWFUL

>make a fucking trailer which sole purpose is for people to make a decision to want to watch it or not
>people don't like it, therefore they are not interested in your movie
>BUT YOUVE ONLY SEEN THE TRAILER PLEASE SEE MY MOVIE PLEASE AND THEN JUDGE IT ;))))

Aids

>make Bridesmaids 2: Ghostbusters Boogaloo
>call everyone misogynists for thinking it's not a worthy addition to the franchise

i want to get off this ride

Why are "geeks" so materialistic? They literally base their existence on collecting toys, video game achievements, stupid t-shirts...what is wrong with them?

>no one likes my movie waaaah why do they have to be so mean....
Maybe you should focus more on the quality of your films than worrying about the internet's correct assessment of it

Capitalism, senpai.

Is this the first time shaming tactics have been used to try and sell tickets for a comedy?

This is some shock and awe from Feig. Doubling down to the extreme. Insult your baseline fans. Throw as many labels as you can at them between now and release date. Hope to create a kind of moral divide whereby, hypothetically, people will not want to associate with the sexists, racists and basement dwellers that dislike this movie, so will in turn go and see it as a weird misplaced statement of progressiveness and feminism?

That passive aggressive picture screams Reddit.

What will happens is in the months following is that there will be drummed up controversy about le soggy knee. When come times to actually see the movie most people battling for it won't actually see it and blame the hatred of women for it doong bad.

What I understood as a 'nerd' pop culture circled the drain and took its last breath when 2007 came around and streamlined/casualised what was geek culture which solidly encompassed video gaming, science fiction and high fantasy, comic books, a strong portion of cinema and TV to a level of romanticisation for normies.

Normies and inclusivity were the cancer. Any failed abortion of a normie could hop on the nerd bandwagon that once comprised wholesomely of nerdy, white males. Then the onslaught of females hopped on with their 'gamer girls' and their adopting of the culture as their own to increase their male orbiter pools when in all seriousness they couldn't care less about the hobbies and culture of the once despised nerds.

Now we live in an era where it's cool to like what was once always frowned upon by normies as manchildren where bullied over. So much so that political agendas have now influenced pop culture and push liberalism such as multiculturalism, feminism and diversity through those once exclusive mediums: TV, movies, video games and comic books.

The whole culture went to trash by the 21st century pretty much

>facebook
I still think it's funny that they applied the Cartmanland strategy to real life and it totally worked.

Hey, if anybody wants to be a billionaire just do the same goddamn thing they did and after you open the membership up to a wider audience and completely usurp facebook just sell it to a big corporation. If you need a few more billion, repeat the cycle again.

>cater to geeks
>call them assholes
>lash out at fans

That said, has a remake ever been good?

No it hasn't. This is a cash grab with the rise of people selling nastalgia. The director is getting butthurt that he's not being warshipped and being smart that he's directing his anger at the people he alienated and geek culture. Geek culture is the new boogeyman.

dredd

True grit, Omega man and ....

>>Don't like the SJW turd you are shoving down out throats.

>>Assholes

Yeah ok Feig.

You got your SJW cookie already. Please go hope and stop ruining things.

As long as you're fit they're great places to pick up though

>try to shame audience into seeing movie

>they tell you to fuck off

>respond by calling fans and potential viewers assholes, only proving their point

Ghostbusters remake is the most hilarious train wreck in cinema history. I cant wait for the movie about the production of this movie.

Also, Paul Fag is an effeminate prissy little nu male

Good job Feig. Totally didn't alienate your audience even further.

>geek culture
contradictory newspeak. Geeks by their original definition did not belong to any culture. Its a normie word for 'aspergers' that predates the medical recognition of autism.

Is there such think as "autism culture"? No.

inb4 robots have culture

>gamers are dead
>geek culture is dead
what's next?

1982 Thing

Yes, because sports fans don't have jerseys and posters, and music fans don't have albums and t-shirts.

>cartmanland strat

holy shit ur right bro

Scarface, Ben Hurr, 2005 King Kong, The Thing, Little Shop of Horrors, The Fly, The Blob

You know, we all WANT it to bomb, but will it? Is there any tracking info at all on this movie, this early on?

Meme culture is dead?

The Thing
The Fly

>mtfwwhen postmeme culture is already le here

Don't bite the hand that feeds you, even if it's disgusting

idiots who posted meme on facebook have the fault.