What is so bad about an American education?

What is so bad about an American education?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9dBbZFXr05U
youtu.be/AzywrX10Igc
oecd.org/berlin/themen/pisa-studie/PISA_Snapshot.gif
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=9dBbZFXr05U

Standards have been lowered because of blacks.

Top Universities in America no longer accept Americans as they prefer foreigners as they are better educated than an American.

This. The sole reason common core is getting out of hand. For some fucking reason, politicians think lowering white and Asian standards down to niggers is the way to go.

youtu.be/AzywrX10Igc

>teachers to jail
Holy shit what dummies

Didn't Americans had have a problem with math?

>American education
Is such a stupid retort we have some of the best schools in the world

Proofs?

>Universities
They only teach comparable few. The primary and secondary levels are important as well.

Have you seen common core math? I know Sup Forums has to have a couple threads every once in awhile.

oecd.org/berlin/themen/pisa-studie/PISA_Snapshot.gif

You're below OECD average in Math.

>What is so bad about an American education?

Why don't you tell me, Marty?

Primary and secondary vary widely here

I hope trump throws that abominable shit out.

A friend of mine was on an exchange year there and he said that state run schools are shit and that privat run schools are comparable to our public schools. A was in Florida though.

but if he makes everyone smarter, his voter base disappears.

zing lol

Because funding is HEAVILY variable across the country on a state by state basis user.

Not really actually. Polls state the opposite in fact.

It's very insular and has extremely low standards.

Common core is what a kid should know at the end of each grade. It's the bare minimum if your state can't beat that or surpass it then that's all on them.

Kinda hard to do when your black population thinks education is a white man thing and are actively against it.

Are they really against it our just stupid?

Yeah but what people don't get is that it rather than just teaching the digit-by-digit subtraction algorithm, the Common Core also includes material on understanding the subtraction process and learning certain shortcuts.

The same polls that gave Hillary a 92% chance of winning?

There's one answer for most problems in the US: niggers. Our education system was ruined to make everyone equally retarded because niggers are too fucking stupid to catch up with everyone else. Think about it this way. There are four boys riding bicycles. One of the men is fat and unhealthy, so he can't keep up with the others. To fix this problem, the fat kid's mother pops the other three kids' tires.

Stop blaming it on race ffs. Taking Blacks out of the equation the American education system is chock full of massive problems and holes.

But over centuries blacks and whites were separated. Can you compare the abilities of the students from the 50s and today?

As with most of my black friends (not all mind you) there's only 2 things a black guy can do in America. Get rich and successful like Floyd Mayweather. Rich ass motherfucker that can't even read or become a gangster. That is it. I've some friends that actually are well off in life in the oil fields or an executive somewhere but they're considered uncle Tom's and are shunned by fellow blacks for it.
Exit polls are different than media ones.

Either you're in an area full of educated whites and have to go to school with a bunch of beaners and niggers, so you don't learn anything.

Or you live in an all white area where people think evolution isn't real, so you don't learn anything.

Regardless of where you're from, schools prioritize things like sports over actual education and all the teachers hate their lives, their jobs, and the children they teach.

Obama introduced common core to undermine the states, so our kids don't learn anything at a federal level.

Thank fucking god for the internet.

There's also the ones that realize by 30 that the thug life isn't all its made out to be like my old boss but by then its too late to start a meaningful career so you end up managing some big lots store

they are actively against it in HS. i remember black kids calling each other out for "acting white" whenever they: read, studied, did something nerdy, dressed like humans, were nice to teachers, didn't drink/do drugs, etc.

"acting white" is basically what "being a nerd" used to be.

literally every boss i have had.

Florida has the worst schools in the Union but generally speaking its correct, private schools challenge you much more than public

Anti-intellectualism is super rampant in all parts of American society.

Education is usually the first thing that gets fugged :DDD like resegregating schools racially or socio-economically, cutting funding hard or just plain states doing stupid shit like gutting taxes or implementing systems that explicitly pretty much kills a lot of schools funding and student base.

There has been more of an active attempt by corporate and globalist forces to dumb us down than anybody else. Don't insinuate it's something to do with our culture, we used to do great things.

It's less being against intellectualism as being against intellectuals trying to influence society

Dude are you serious? Stop that globalist blaming crap anti-intellectualism has always been a thing in the U.S.. It's like embedded into the history of the state.

Literally nothing

>unemployment 4.6%(full employment)
>TONS of high paying jobs
>skilled worker shortage, engineering, programming/IT, medicine, a degree in these will get you 80k starting at minimum
>trades shortage, 1st year apprentices make $25/h, $45/h after 4 years
>americans still complain about the bad economy

An American education is the front door for the most prosperous life humanly possible

It's still anti-intellectualism. Of course intellectuals are going to influence society they are the ones that contribute to policy.

>t. Cletus from down south

No, those are the two choices because you live in a Deep South shithole and the Civil War/segregation still isn't over for your elected officials.

I live in Montgomery County, Maryland, next to Prince George's County (wealthiest African American-majority county in the USA). Here the schools invest in EVERYONE, and spreads the money around (instead of the national norm which is by property tax, where richest areas = richest schools, poorest areas = ripped textbooks from 1989). There's lots of free tutoring, ESOL, alternative schools, after-school programs, etc. You don't have to be a good black football player to get attention. It helps blacks and immigrants and everyone a lot. And the best part is, anyone can do it, so it's not reverse racist. But minorities undoubtedly get the most out of it.

The results were good. I went to school with a lot of blacks who went to good schools and got good degrees. Admission quotas helped some of them get in for sure, but do they make the aerospace engineer tests at MIT easier? Of course not. Those kids were smart, because they were educated by a school system that actually fucking invested in their future

...whereas down South you dickheads base school money on property taxes. So surprise surprise, the (relatively richer) whites get a decent education, and the poor blacks get fuck all. Just like I imagine it's been since the end of the Civil War.

And don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, I fixed a fuckton of houses for the poor with my church over 5 summers. I've seen (and fixed) things more at home in some war-savaged post-Soviet shithole than the so-called richest nation in the world. I know how you all treat your darker fellow citizens, and it's disgusting, plain and simple. You treat them like shit so it's no wonder that's how they turn out. Shameful desu

oh and I'm white by the way, I'll post a timestamp pic if you want to go down that route

>Of course intellectuals are going to influence society they are the ones that contribute to policy.
Which is essentially oligarchy.

Secondary education varies hugely in quality by school district and reinforces class segregation by providing education in proportion to the level of funding available, meaning if your parents are poor you'll go to a terrible highschool and most likely you'll end up poor.

Tertiary education forcing skyrocketing costs onto the students, meaning you'll be deep in dept by the time you even start working. At the same time college degrees have become so easy that they're the new highschool degrees with more and more people flocking to colleges and bringing down the labor market value of the average degree.

Also your educational institutions are the birthplace of all things terrible in western society like third wave feminism and the gender craze, yet still spreads the cancerous idea of individual and American national exceptionalism.

Yes, that explains why we are in the position we're in today, we're all just dumbfucks.

>he honestly doesn't believe the elite don't want dumbed down people to sell plastic shit to and don't have the means to create them
Sorry but Americans being complete shitheads is a relatively new thing, don't accuse me of using buzzwords and then throw around terms like anti-intellectualism.

>we have a handful of elite universities for the rich which means that none of our education can ever be criticized

>we have a handful of elite universities for the rich
What are Scholorships

This isn't the UK, elite universities aren't quarantined off for legacy students.

Stop this embarassing damage control.

Oh great, a few quota minorities get to go to an elite uni on scholarships so that the system can avoid accusations of discrimination. This changes everything!

It's being factual, not damage control.
>a few quota minorities
30,000 students is more than "a few"

That doesn't even make sense.

Who knows where you got that number from, but each year over 2 million highschool graduates enroll in tertiary education in the US. 30,000 are a wee in the ocean.

A couple of intellectuals deciding policy isn't democratic

>Who knows where you got that number from
Look at the enrollment numbers for large universities like MIT or Berkeley. In total, state schools cover 3 million students in the US

Your country was never meant to be a direct democracy. You'd know this had you read the Federalist papers.

Those students are the ones that did well despite being stuck in shit schools. Those lifelines for those students who would be stuck either not able to get an education because of poverty or having to go to a shit one but instead get to go to a decent or better one that heavily improves their situation. In America where you graduate has a huge impact on your job prospects and going to a cheap school no matter how decent it's educational quality and depth is will work against you when they compare qualifications so in many cases you are barely in a better position.

MIT has NO racial quota. However they do let people in based off performance, potential, economic status etc more then I can cover but they will not let a person in if they feel they can't take the workload. It looks like race but it's just the fact that the people who fit the criteria for MIT to offer an alm to tend to be minorities.

Some people are just stupid. I never learned anything in school because of my teachers or the curriculum, or whatever. Everything was always incredibly easy, I passed handily, and spent 12 years bored out of my mind.

Is an excellent indication of what I mean. The level of rhetoric in that video is profoundly low. All 3 people involved are stupid.

Blacks (and Mexicans) haveadefeatist culture.
Lots of them think they can't do anything and are powerless, so they are powerless.
Furthermore, they drag others into theirquagmirebased on the same logic.
Perhaps there's some sort of brotherhood in being subhuman,butin the endall they're doing is holding themselves back.

The only way to get out of the 'hood is to get out of the hood, and away from your comfort zone.
I admit that there is a great difference between the amount of available educational resources a poor vs a rich person has, but it isn't so great thatone can't pull themselves out the of the ghetto.

jesus christ, do your trains actually look like that?

>Those students are the ones that did well despite being stuck in shit schools
Which is the point

It's true thatwhere you get your education (bachelors) from has an impact on your job prospects.
I'm a victim of that myself.
However, to say that impact is`huge' is an exaggeration.
An ABET-accredited degree in a STEM field will get your foot into the door almost anywhere that accepts new grads.
In this case 'foot in the door' means 'not immediately thrown in the trash'.
If you go to a shitty school, then that means you need good work experience, references, GPA, etc. to getto the interview stage.
If you go to a good school like MIT, then you might not even need to bother with internships, or you might already have internships and undergrad research experience.
Some huge companies like IBM just don't give a shit and immediatelytest your skills. After all, if you'regood it doesn't matter where you came from.

No, they don't.
I'm actually not sure where in the world that is, because it isn't America.
If it is, it's not from this century.

>being so stupid you think this is a modern photo
And here I thought Americans were the dumb ones. You will NEVER see a cigarette advert like that anymore anywhere in the west. Retard.

Post more pics of these qts please

They did in New York in the 70s/80s. Crime was rampant back then, it's much nicer now iirc

The Americans.

Primitive people?
I never think they have morals.
They should learn about civilization from African.

Americans equate intellect with dishonesty. Look at this thread they won't even deny it.

Why does he wear a hat in the room?
It makes no sense.

>Will never live in the country of freedom where university feels like high school and you pay for the certificate rather than the actual studies
feels bad

Taking school seriously in inner city Schools is viewed as "acting white" and being "uncle tom."

Sure some do make it to college and move on, but large numbers don't.

omg you can see her panties

You don't get a degree in Europe? Jesus, no wonder we don't hire European scientists anymore

We don't believe that someone being intellectual makes them innately superior like in most other countries no.

Most inner school cities are total trash and heavily underfunded. Most are literal dens of misery where all enthusiasm for learning and teaching are drained from students and teachers alike.

Look at how gerrymandered school districts are in NYC. Some you have literally godlike schools and right near it is a school that use textbooks from the early 90's and this is simply because the school board zoned out the schools that way. Hell there's schools in shitty places that are amazing but not a single kid locally is enrolled in it because all the kids are bused in form the richer parts of the area.

Which is why we need to use up any surplus agent orange left over from that mess we call the Vietnam War.

All of this is complete bullshit

I think it's the "rap nigger" culture that's all about twerking-money-sex-drugs.