What would you do if you were in charge of baseball to make it a good game?

What would you do if you were in charge of baseball to make it a good game?

Me:
>Take away 1 outfielder
The 2 outfielders would have zones they could play in, one plays in the lower zone, the other plays in the high zone that way catches actually mean something instead of the same old predictable borefest. The players can both either start in the middle of the zones, or on opposite sides of the zones.
>Home run is only a free point for the home run hitter
Everybody else will stay in their regular spots
>Stretch out the bases
Making a more chaotic game and hopefully helping the players be more in shape plus compensatinga little bit for the time that outfielders might have to run to get the ball
>Basemen can't camp out at bases
I would create a box around the base where you have to catch the ball a few feet outside of the base outside the box before you can attempt to stomp on the base and get the guy out, with the exception of catching the ball inside the box while you're feet are outside of the box
>Fights become more acceptable on a hockey level
Instead of being suspended for multiple games, players would be penalized by having to sit out for a few innings, depending on the severity of the fight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zlTKoqAzbaA
youtube.com/watch?v=xkYrT5arGVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Disband all leagues

>Link umps up with pitchtrax.

>Bring back collisions. Fuckin' faggot Buster Posey.

That's it.

The game is nearly perfect.

If any sport needs fixing, it's the OP's favorite sport of semen slurp (only bean3rs think baseball needs comprehensive fixing). We were "treated" to yet another major match that ended in a tie and then decided via a Mario Party minigame.

there's no way an outfielder could cover that much ground by himself. and if you can't camp on the bases then baserunners won't need to slide anymore. sliding is a tactical and also entertaining part of the game.

Also want to add my fight plan

>Fights are based on a mutual combat system, if it's not indicated one wants to fight then penalties will be more severe.
>Fights although only punished by sitting out a few innings will also come with a fine

Also basemen may catch the ball within the box as long as you're jumping and your feet aren't on the ground

Ban the DH

That's it

this 100%

>The game is nearly perfect.
Nah bro
Well the outfielder in the top zone can cross to the other zone, he just can't start there. That's true about sliding though, but I think it would still happen

Why do you think DH is bad?

shit ideas lol

Alright maybe my outfielder plan needs a little work but they're good ideas. The outside outfielders would probably be monsters, the natural changes that occur would make them the best athletes and possibly very high paid

>Nah bro

What's your primary issue?

Baseball has the most unpredictable scoring variation out all the major sports. Take today for example. We had soccer style scores of 3-0, 2-1, 3-2. We had scores of 9-6, 12-6, 6-1. And scores of 21-2 (lmao) and 17-5.

This is what's compelling about baseball. Every inning can be considered a "4th quarter" because a team can conceivably break open a game at any time since possession doesn't change hands after a score.

And it also keeps an improbable comeback possible because there's no clock.

It always seems the issue revolves around keeping the attention spans of children and Mexicans placated because they like to see "stuff constantly moving around" even if that moving around is meaningless and/or useless (producing yet another 0-0 tie).

Yes I like to see movement and athletes, that part about comebacks may be true, but it's so boring to watch.

get rid of balks

thats it

multiball

don't watch it then. if you don't like it then i don't understand why you want to fix it.

So your issue is "aesthetic?"

Some of us prefer tension (which downtime enhances) over Lebron dunking for the 7000th time.

Why do you think basketball, with all it's movement and action is only compelling for a lot of viewers until the 5 minutes of the 4th?

There's also plenty of athletes in baseball doing athletic things that are actually more impressive than dunking or a step back 3.

I played both sports and pic related is much harder to perform than a crossover dribble/drive and finish.

To each his own, though.

needs reverse sweeps

youtube.com/watch?v=zlTKoqAzbaA
Collisions were goat. Fuck the Utley rule too

Because it's Sup Forums and it's fun to discuss

Yeah I can understand the tension part of things, I just can't get into baseball though. Went to a game once and was like wow this sucks,there's some skill involved though but I don't see much athleticism besides the outfielders. I think more people could what that guy did though over dunking, even though if you're capable of dunking it's easier to do since the rim is always there.

This.

You need to be older than 16 to post here OP.

Do I need to be a dad to enjoy baseball too?

it's not about athleticism, baseball is purely a game of skill. if you've never played it then you don't know what it's like to strike out over and over and devise a strategy to beat the pitcher. and when you finally get a hit off him there aren't many things that feel that good.

Pitch clock. That's all it needs.

>it's not about athleticism
Uwotm8. But yeah I've never been much of a baseball player anyway, I don't mind contact sports, but I don't like the idea of a hard ass tiny ball being thrown my way. So with that said I'm just making up a fantasy game that would make it fun to me
That's a good addition

Turn the sport into Finnish baseball. It's 900001x times better, faster, more engaging and fun sport.

You have to pretty athletic to hit a home run or throw one hundred 95mph pitches over a game, so what you're looking for is "flashy" athleticism, and while baseball does have some amazing flash, it's not as highlight friendly as a Barry Sanders juke or posterizing dunk, even though this is as impressive from an athletic standpoint as anything Barry or Lebron ever did:

youtube.com/watch?v=xkYrT5arGVw

But I agree, it doesn't "look" as impressive. (ooh he threw a ball. Even though it was 105mph rocket from over a football field length away with nearly perfect accuracy).

That said, we have plenty of flashy sports to watch, so baseball provides a nice contrast here.

>fixing something thats not broken
Fuckin millenials

Nah. I appreciate you guys taking baseball and making it your own, but Finnish baseball just about removes the entire concept of pitching (lobbing underhanded throws from a foot away is not "pitching").

We like to see stuff like this.

Never knew that existed, I'll take a look at it
I think you meant strong not athletic. You can be a fat guy walking around with a gorilla roids chest and hit a home run and jog around the bases.

But yeah that throw was pretty nice, good long accurate passes are always nice no matter what sport

Because there is already an incredibly limited amount of strategy in baseball and the DH further eliminates what little it has and its only real purpose is "durrrr offense is FUN!!!11" retard-tier level of idiocy

Makes sense, I'm a defense person too. I guess I just like faster paced games with more fun flashy defense instead of computer-like baseball defense that feels kind of robotic and emotionless to me

Strength is an athletic trait.

I agree, not as compelling to watch demonstrations of strength compared to demonstration of speed (it's why the 100m final in the Olympics draws millions of viewers but no one cares about power-lifting) for most people, but the world record breaking power lifter is just as impressive athletically as Usain Bolt.

True I do like strongmen competitions though, you got the Arnold Classic where it's more raw strength based, then the Worlds Strongest Man competitions are a mix of strength, stamina, and muscle stamina

things in baseball that take more skill & athleticism than literally anything basketball that doesn't include simply being tall and literally EVERYTHING in soccer:

>pitching
>hitting a pitch
>blocking a wild pitch
>catcher catching a pop-up
>fielding a backhander and throwing to 1st
>turning a double play
>stealing a base
>fielding a line drive
>catching a ball over your shoulder while running
>catching a fly ball hit directly over your head
>catching a line drive to the outfield hit in front of you
>making a play at the warning track
>drag bunting
>push bunting
>suicide squeeze
>safety squeeze
>picking a short hop
>picking a long hop
>picking an in-betweener
>throwing a runner out

I'm getting bored but you get the idea

I think being great with your feet is always harder than being great with your hands, and a soccer god might not be as great as a baseball god with his hands either. They're just different games, and baseball is obviously more focused on upper body strength, main difference is athleticism though but yes the skill is there in baseball.

>stealing a base takes more athleticism than anything in basketball

wew lad

already bored so don't feel like greentexting literally every other part of your post

How do you live while having such shitty ideas?

It's not easy being a genius

Me? I'd serve crab legs

Make the food and beer cost half as much as it does by mandate from the league and constantly enforce that lower price.
Allow fighting Hockey-style
It would be fine then, maybe you could also remove the DH or remove the center fielder but eh.

every day is 10 cent beer day