Sup Sup Forums, I got 1.2k USD and I need a laptop, any idea on what should I buy?

Sup Sup Forums, I got 1.2k USD and I need a laptop, any idea on what should I buy?

Other urls found in this thread:

jet.com/product/detail/199a0e8179e64d6198d943fbabd069c7?jcmp=pla:ggl:loser_electronics_a1:computers_laptops_a1_top:na:PLA_348772380_24231344220_pla-161721637980:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&ds_c=loser_electronics_a1&ds_cid&ds_ag=computers_laptops_a1_top&product_id=199a0e8179e64d6198d943fbabd069c7&product_partition_id=161721637980&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwMi7BRDGptbvwOCDj8oBEiQAIALyDDEYDr-4QN9H-mJ13i_njNmzlLdRSZoH5o5_16mqFZAaAnde8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A laptop, I'd say.

You seem like a really clever guy

here you go OP
its got 500kb ram, 32 Mb hard drive and windows 95 preinstalled, not to mention floppy drive.

Is it needed just because of portability? If not then I suggest just building your own PC. You could make a really decent one for 1.2K

man up and buy a desktop

I suggest not buying a piece of shit laptop that pretty much has an expiry date on it.

jet.com/product/detail/199a0e8179e64d6198d943fbabd069c7?jcmp=pla:ggl:loser_electronics_a1:computers_laptops_a1_top:na:PLA_348772380_24231344220_pla-161721637980:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&ds_c=loser_electronics_a1&ds_cid&ds_ag=computers_laptops_a1_top&product_id=199a0e8179e64d6198d943fbabd069c7&product_partition_id=161721637980&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwMi7BRDGptbvwOCDj8oBEiQAIALyDDEYDr-4QN9H-mJ13i_njNmzlLdRSZoH5o5_16mqFZAaAnde8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

i7-6700 CPU
16Gb RAM
17.5 inch screen
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960M, 4gb

Laptop business easily dupes people into buying more than they need, a Chromebook would suffice almost everybody unless u have specific needs like gaming or work. If gaming then build one, go to YouTube and look at someone build one. If u don't need it don't get a dedicated GPU bc it kills batt life same goes for CPU, if u aren't encoding video files or whatever don't pick a beefy processor. The whole point of a laptop is portability and picking one that needs an outlet every 2 hours defeats the purpose. I bought a barebones xps 13 for $800 and get 20 hrs of batt life while I'm working and love it. 8hrs on video

>literally this current year
>Having 1.2k USD to spend on a laptop
>not buying a Macbook Air
why even live?

Mac is shit you goddamn retard.

Things u need
-keyboard
-non glossy screen
Things u don't need
-touch screen (useless after the gimick wears off)
-transformer flippy laptop
-weight (bigger means heavy)
-gimicks
-4k on a tiny screen,

KISS, keep it simple, stupid

Retard alert

it out performs most i7s cuck lord.
>inb4 i-i'ts over priced tho
it will last you minimum 5 years before it breaks down like other HPs and similar cuck machines

is that a hard pack of lucky strikes? filtered lucky strikes? what the hell?

isn't the whole point of luckies is that they're unfiltered?

Wait for september and buy the 2016 Macbook pro, unless you're a faggot and want to play on your laptop with 3h battery life
>Iphones are overrated
>Iwatch is shit
>macbook is overpriced
>yet Ipads, macbook pro and macbook air rekt litterally everything

i'd go for the Air tbh

Op hasn't stated the most important thing, what does he need it for

OP, before answering your question, you must specify what you need. If you need the lightest or the most powerful, if you want to use it indoor or anywhere, if you want it to use it for drawing, or not... there are infinite options, man

lightest, most powerful and aesthetically pleasing.

LG Gram is the lightest on the market right now
>inb4 LG

looks good. good specs, i7 but
>LG

Sounds like u don't know what u want or what ur doing, it sounds like a Mac user. Problem solved get a MacBook air.

Add the parrot and we have a deal

>i dont know how to do proper research so i ask Sup Forums to tell me what is best.

get a tablet OP.
Then go fuck yourself with it.

found the edgy little newfag

Pixel c with keyboard

>implying

Lenovo yoga pro if you can find one. Idfk what one is worth in burger land.

Make a pretty decent one with 1.2k? With 1.2k you could make a bad ass

Look for reviews and top 10 lists of "best laptops under $X". YouTube and cnet

Ebay, obviously

Get a Desktop and don't be such a casual

Macbook air you basement dwelling virgin

Cp building noob here. If I were to build a desktop can I replace parts and upgrade if I want to? Whats the cheapest I could spend on a desktop and run rome 2, warframe and planetside 2 on. Also im not op.

I have a 12 year old Dell that's lasted longer than that fuck are you on about

The upgrades would rely on ur motherboards ability to accommodate new tech. The motherboard dictates what cpu u can use, AMD or Intel. If u want to upgrade the cpu in the future but the socket is different then u need a new mobo. In other words find a future proof mobo

>minimum 5 years
First of all, 5 years is shit. I have a toshiba, and lasted 8 years after working even 24/7.
Broke, i had to replace a decoupling condenser broken for thermal stress since there were more than 32 degrees outside and the computer was running 24/7. 11 fucking bucks, still working properly.

Also, noone that cares about his money buys HP. They are shit-tier computers assembled by blind monkeys and that if you're lucky will not break after 6 months and will not broken more by support.
With 30-50 euros more you can buy a decent machine like asus that with same specs will last way more.

>toshiba
top.fucking.kek

Would never suggest anyone a toshiba because of AMD being always less reliable than intel and nvidia (mine had intel cpu and ati gpu). But for fuck's sake, mine lasted way more than all the vaio (that guess what, have toshiba pieces in it), HP, Acer etc even working way more than them

HP and Toshibas are for cucks.
if you had any sense get a Dell XPS / any Lenovo i7 or a fucking Macbook air

>macbook air
>calling toshiba cuck
You're a retard, sir.
Would never buy Dell. Worse support ever, 6-7/10 computers that cost only more without any real reason
Lenovo is the only considerable option you told me, and it's on par with other good brands

Oh, BTW, i fixed more macbooks than toshibas in 5 years of repairing computers... so...

Not OP but need advice, I am going to buy Alienware 15 laptop, is a good choice?

No
>overpriced
>shit portability
>dell

You, read this:

>Surfacebook
>Razer Blade
>HP Spectre
Pick One

you must be that guy named troll that everyone's talking about

>i fixed more macbooks than toshibas in 5 years of repairing computers
that's because their average user is either a 14 year old girl or a dirty hipster that streams series on virus infested websites. it has nothing to do with the reliability of the machine. Also i've only ever had good experience with Dell customer support

no nigger, broken, i had to REPAIR things, i'm not talking about formatting your hard disk and reinstalling windows or whatever operating system you had.

I had to reflux motherboards, reball chips, change broken pieces, etc

Also, can't you see the trips of truth?

Buy a cocksuck faggot idiot

so answer OPs question then cucklord, what would you suggest

When a mac "outperforms most i7's" when higher end macs have i7s in them. That is the most obvious error but you clearly lack a basic understanding of computers. It's why you recommend macs to people.

I already answered, idiot. He asked for a light pc, and i told him about the lightest on the market.

You should build one.

When iDevices rek everything apparently. Are you form a parallel universe?

>Not knowing Macbook Airs are actually i5

LMFAO wait were you the faggot that suggested a fucking LG?!

You can "run" any of those games on pretty much anything. And of course you can upgrade, it just has to be compatible with the other parts. You could probably build a pretty decent PC to run those games on med-high for about $400. Cheaper if you can eBay properly.

At least i didn't suggest a macbook.
I answered a question, after he said that wanted it light, and viewing how the computer performs.

You, on the other hand, are probably just an hipster that uses computers for fapping

The problem with AMD isn't reliability, but power/heat to relative compute power. AMD parts are fine in a desktop but because their architecture currently is so bad, they couldn't be placed in a laptop without running at 8,000 degrees or being severely under powered compared to it's Intel/nVidia counter-parts.

I'd say buy a Toshiba or Asus with a decent CPU. I own a HP Envy 15 notebook with core i7 CPU 4700 and it's very good performing. Only HP's build quality isn't that great, the touchpad feels cheap, just like the quality of materials around the screen.

Any laptop of that price range gives you a Core i7 6700 with SSD and 16gb ram

also The Macbook 2016 is lighter than LG gram at 0.92 kg

Alienware is the scum of the earth. Get an MSI laptop because it at the very least has decent specs for a more reasonable price, though I can't vouch for it's reliability. But honestly just build a PC and stop being gay.

>reball chips
End your life scam artist trash

Yes, but high temperature always comes with premature failing, that's why i say "reliability" - I started using this word since customers are dumb

Also, if you can find a light, powerful computer with 7hours of battery time, with no defects, that weights less than 2.5 pounds i will buy it

I did say higher end macs. I'd hardly call an Air a high end computer other then its high end price tag. It doesn't even have a discrete GPU.

>You, on the other hand, are probably just an hipster that uses computers for fapping

Wait, I'm using them wrong?

It's also a Macbook.

>what can i buy?
>not yet on market

i was talking about MacBook not MacBook pro there's a difference. The Pro only comes out in September and it might be worth waiting for.

Well, different chips have different temperature thresholds. For the mobile apu's, 8,000 degrees is apparently A-OK because that's just what they run at. But yeah I see what you're saying

Oh, and you must see how it thermal throttle!

Thank you Apple for making the most convoluted naming scheme for pretty much all their products.
>iPad, iPad 2, The New iPad

Actually, they run at 8000 degrees because making a good thermal dissipation would increase cost and weight of the computer

They probably both do. Pretty badly. What are you trying to say. Pretty much all laptops do that.

I'd recommend a Compaq Presario. Top notch.

That's basic laptop design principles. All laptops regardless of CPU are like that. Except for a select few titans that weigh 25 pounds. Intel cpus run cooler but only marginally. It's just that they can extract more performance for less power/heat.

i need it to derp epic memes on 9gag

OP here, I only plan on using this laptop outside on full moon nights and underwater

Buy an older Thinkpad. I think they look nice, last quite a while on battery, are easily serviceable, are very durable, they have a decent amount of power, and cost no money on eBay. Then build a tower with the rest of the money.

Why buy a laptop when you could buy a bunch of hamsters

Why buy a laptop when you can buy a black person.

This guy gets it.
> buy 1200$ of hamsters
> insert hamsters in anus
> livestream
>??????
> profit