Why are NBA players making more money than NFL players?

Why are NBA players making more money than NFL players?

NFL Players are pretty pissed off right now on Twitter

NBA teams only have 15 roster spots (12 rotation players plus injured reserves).

Football teams have, what, 60 deep rosters?

Im tired of this excuse. Everyone on facebook keeps posting it.

The NFL has a max of 53 players. The NBA has 15.

But heres the thing!! The NFL generates almost 3 times the Revenue [$$$] that the NBA makes. The Cowboys are more valuable than fucking Real Madrid, the worlds most expensive team!!

15x3 = 45 , thats 8 players away from 53. Their union is TRASH

Didn't the NBA sign a huge TV deal?

You are not a smart man.
Here's a tip to get you started: Revenue != Profit

cuz the nba is a global sport unlike murrifat ball so monies are higher for them when you think about china watching and buying lebron and kobe jerseys.

usa is turning into futbol and basketball country now. Boreball and Fattyball will die in 20 years.

Yeah but the NFL TV money is still a juggernaut in comparison

nba makes alot of money from tv too

You think any of the players want to hear this? I dont care if teams are paying for their stadiums

Not more than the NFL. Even with all these europoors and chinks buying NBA TV rights the NFL is still a much bigger money maker

>Baseball ranked second

Literally WTF?! How does such a semen slurping "sport" generate such amounts of revenue?

I ask myself the same question about soccer, Fritz.

what happened in late 10's and early 40's?

15 players vs 50+

plus they have a much better players union that looks out for them unlike nfl

World Wars?

who cares about the players? half of them would be dealing crack if they weren't in the NFL. i doubt there is a professional sports league in the entire world with scummier players.

>Millionaires bitching about other millionaires.

So fucking what? 90 percent of the professional athletes in both leagues are fucking retarded. Their only saving grace is they happen to be athletic and live somewhere where that athleticism makes them money.

They are fucking day-laborers otherwise.

>Football teams have, what, 60 deep rosters?
>The NFL has a max of 53 players. The NBA has 15.

During the regular season, it's 53 active roster + 9 or 10 practice squad players (plus IR stuff), so yeah roughly 65 deep, give or take. Roster sizes are much larger during the preseason games.

Plus the NFL has 2 more teams than the NBA does, so if we look at total players, it's roughly 450 NBA players vs. roughly 2080 NFL players. That works out to about 4.5 times more players, but only 3 times the revenue. Even if you only consider PS players as half a play salary-wise, the NFL still has 4 times the players with 3 times the revenue. So yeah, they should be on par, roughly with the NBA, but the NFLPA is laughably incompetent in all facets.

Fucking moron

>being mad that a business you don't work for is paying someone more for a skill you don't have
If that's true then they're worse than the women soccer players

You could argue that the NFL is the harder job

>Get paid like shit
>Half the deals are non guaranteed
>Brain damage
Literally no reason to become a NFL player

>Why are NBA players making more money than NFL players?

NBA team = 8-10 niggers per team
NFL team = 35-40 niggers per team

The NBPA is naturally able to get better sharing of revenue than NFLPA, because more niggas gats to get paid.

Well, NBA players play more, dont they?

They have a way longer season and they also play for their national team, because basketball is actually a real sport.

NFL players are pissed because they have no brains to tell them otherwise.

>be me
>nfl running back
>get tackled alot
>suffer thousands of minor concussions because 200 lb grown men are running into me as fast as they can
>body destroyed by 35
>be twice as likely to develop alzheimer's or dementia than the general population
>beat my wives
>have animal fighting rings
>make millions

They're much better basketballers than the NFL players.

When will burgers stop giving money to 10 niggers that run with a ball in their hands and sometimes throw it to another nigga?

Or to hispanics that run on a little thin line drawn in a huge grass field after they hit a ball with a mace?

Or to niggers that do nothing but run back and forth from a basket to the other on the opposite side of the "field"?

When will they finally aknowledge Football as the best sport?

This is so fucking hilarious.

Salaries in all of the leagues are based on revenue rather than profit, as the players don't trust the owners not to use any fancy accounting tricks to jew them out of money.

>mlels

Holy shit how does one sports league manage to be so pathetic? They're an embarrassment to both American sports and international soccer.

probably because an NFL roster is so much larger than an NBA roster, duh

The NBA has a better player's union. Handeggers can only blame themselves.

>Salaries being taken from profits
You're dumber than he is

>furpuck

>Defending billionaires to stick it to millionaires

Since when does that matter? You don't get paid according to how hard your job is but according to how the market values that work

>Using your feet instead of your hands
>Probably the worst officiating in sports
>Best sport

P-players were sick

>doing sports in a boring way
>best
>worst officiating
>literally the most hard working referees of every sport ever
Go back to your clocks, swiss.

Using your feed makes stuff significantly harder because they are way harder to control.

It's okay, Spain Jr., you didn't participate so you wouldn't know.

They're like you, they work hard and still fail.
>Boring
Luigi you're defending football here, I'm not sure entertainment is the best argument.

How is that a good thing?
That just leads to lots of blunders.

Basketball is the future world #1 sport. Eggball is only popular in america and australia

It makes accomplishments even more impressive. When you see Messi dribble you ask yourself how the fuck he does it. When you see a rugby/American football player pick up the ball and score a touch down you dont ask yourself how he does it because hes basically doing the same thing that Messi does just without a ball because carrying a ball takes next to no effort.

>I can't appreciate the complexity of a deep sport like football and think a match is boring if it ends 0-0 even though there were various goal chances and I can't appreciate when a team defends well
Just shut up already.
>How is that a good thing?
>That just leads to lots of blunders.
Holy shit, this idiot.
Have you ever seen good players? What they can do with the ball? Have you ever seen Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Maradona?

Retards can still control their feet enough to walk, but can't write worth a damn, point invalidated. Hand-eye is much tougher than brain-foot coordination scientifically. Not dissing soccer, just saying your specific point is stupid.

I never get this logic that soccer fans use to define the "difficulty" of their sport relative to other sports.

Yes, it's truth that controlling anything with your feet is a less instinctive action than controlling something with your hands, but in comparing here is not an apples-to-apples comparison.

What I mean by that is that each sport will have a specific skill ceiling that is as EQUALLY as difficult to master to play the game at a professional-to-worldclass level.

You actually do have to ask yourself how a running back scores a touchdown in an NFL game, because if you were reborn tomorrow, the chances of you being Messi or Barry Sanders are about the same.

You learn how to move your hands naturally you fucking retard.

No person even needs to properly control their feet to walk. They simply exist so you dont walk on the stumps of your legs. You naturally learn how to walk but will never naturally learn how to position your foot for a pass or to control a ball. Hand-eye coordination however is learned by doing [insert what the fuck you like]. Be it jerking off, writing, grabbing, pushing or whatever. Everything you do is somewhat related to your hands.

>play 80 games, with smaller roster
>get higher pay
>play 19 games, with bigger roster
>WE WUZ ROBBED I TELZ YA

>Hand-eye is much tougher than brain-foot coordination scientifically
Boy am I laughing.
Read to know what's wrong with your "sports" and if you can't understand it then I'm sorry for you.
The way you guys "support" your teams should give away how much you understand about sports.

-NBA
>4.8 year career average
>$6 Billion in NBA revenue
>$3 Billion going to players
>There is a time and team specific maximum contract
>450 NBA players
>Averaged out to $6.7 Million a year per player
>Average lifespan
>Contracts are basically forced to be guaranteed for players of any establishment
>There's a standard player size and weight, where outliers to those standards have to either be really tall, or really athletic. Think of a Muggsy Bouges

-NFL
>3.2 Year career average
>$13 Billion in NFL Revenue
>$6 Billion going to players
>No contract maximums
>1,696 NFL Players
>Averaged out to be $3.5 Million a year per player
>Guaranteed money is given by a contract to contract basis, with better paid players usually getting more guaranteed money
>NFL is filled with athletes of all shapes and sizes

lol at talking shit about our sports when your semen slurping sport ends in a tie 30% of the time, and ends in a 0 (zero) - 0 (zero) tie 10% of the time.

>That's over 100 games in one league alone ending in a 0-0 tie.

*per season

NBA is GOAT
Eggball is only good for the superbowl

this.

This DESU.

>ends in a tie 30% of the time, and ends in a 0 (zero) - 0 (zero) tie 10% of the time.
Again
>I can't appreciate the complexity of a deep sport like football and think a match is boring if it ends 0-0 even though there were various goal chances and I can't appreciate when a team defends well
Sports are clearly not meant for you.

It must be billionaire owners putting all their own money into their little hobby, because baseball sucks balls

I always laugh when they show some NFL or Baseball player in the UFC crowd, and everybody loses their shit when he shows up, and literally NOBODY outside America knows who the fuck he is. lel 10 of 10 times are niggers.

I agree. Aside from "Semen slurping". How is by far the best sport playing second fiddle to the NFL in revenue?

>Soccer
>"Complex."

Rofl.

An NFL playbook is 300-500 pages. Meanwhile, you can fit all the soccer "tactics" on a single page.

Also, your sport is so semen slurpingly boring that people are talking more about a silly dance a player did than the game itself.

'americans'

Basketball player got it the worst, you can tell most NBA players easily, it's not like they can blend into a crowd. MLB and most NFL players could blend in and look like regular people

American is the only country that matters, so why is this a problem?

What's wrong with a game ending in a draw when it's a round robin format where the league winner is determined by how many points they can accumulate over the season?

>

The round robin format and format based around points scored over a regular season determining the champion is a joke. The Soccer tournaments and world cups are infinitely more enjoyable and entertaining, and would be even more if they didn't have that stupid draw format

Why is NFL the sport with most bankrupt players after their careers?

Most NBA teams don't actually carry the max 15 players on their roster

because they try their hardest to keep up with the Joneses

Well the NFL has a ton of players so of course the numbers would be inflated. Plus eggball players don't make as much as NBA or MLB players

The NBA has a rule in place that forces teams to be at, at the very least, 90% of the total team cap.

>The Soccer tournaments and world cups are infinitely more enjoyable and entertaining

For casuals and women, yes.
Real big dawgs like the long grind of a full, double round robin football season over the set piece tournaments with big finals. They're good respite but if we balanced the entire game around knockout tournaments it just wouldn't work. Suddenly all that depth would vanish as smaller teams would play significantly less games and eventually have little purpose.

I thought they earn the most, i suppose i was wrong. On this other thread NFL is ranked number one in how much money is circulating in league.

I always love when dipshit Brits and Yuros get smug with "are uh liturrrally retahded."

I feel like fuckin' with your tiny pea British brain, so I won't reveal to you how you're being "retarded" in this instance.

Figure it out, Mohammed.

(I did inflate the 10% figure for laughs. More like 6.7%, which is still too fuckin' much).

>But heres the thing!! The NFL generates almost 3 times the Revenue [$$$] that the NBA makes. The Cowboys are more valuable than fucking Real Madrid, the worlds most expensive team!!
Since you mention it.
Basketball is played worldwide. American Football is not. If NBA doesn't pay their player well they will start moving to other leagues.
Well, they already do. Portuguese League as alot of USA players. Shitty ones but if teams in USA paid them less you would have less shitty ones.

MLB players are unique, in that they're often times at the show much later than NBA(19 or 20), or NFL(20-21). They also hit free agency much later because there is a real incentive to sign a contract during your team controlled years. The real issue is that minor league players make 8k a year on average. That's criminal at best, and nearing slave labor at worst.

Nice slippery slope fallacy there at the end. I like that you jumped straight to it

IT SAYS RIGHT THERE IN THE GRAPHIC

Yeah, ABA league also has some American players, and more is comming every year. Ofc, not the best players by far, but pretty decent ones.

Ish Smith, a well below average starter, but a decent microwave player off the bench couldn't possibly make 6m a year in europe. maybe China

>An NFL playbook is 300-500 pages. Meanwhile, you can fit all the soccer "tactics" on a single page.
>tactic n.1: nigga run fast
>tactic n.2: nigga run faster
>tactic n.3: nigga run even faster
You can't be for real.
>terry cooke
Who the fuck is that guy?
Never mind burgers, they think making a "regular season" and then deciding the winner of the season with playoffs, even though they would already have one, is a good idea.
>he thinks it's not important for a team to maintain a certain performance over the season and the effort shouldn't be rewarded
Did you clap after typing that shit?

>GUYS GUYS I INTENTIONALLY GOT FACTS WRONG BUT I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE I JUST DID IT TO MAKE YOU LOOK STUPID!

Christ you're tragic.

Nah, NFL as an organization makes the most per year, but they have to split up the money between a fuck load of players

I'd day that NBA is a lot more valuable thant NFL in the long-term, cause basketball is widely more popular sport in the world, it has yet to reach its ceiling

>He thinks NBA, NHL, NFL, and MLB teams don't try to maintain a certain performance over the season, and that their efforts are rewarded

Protip. the reward is the playoffs, where players who make said playoffs make even more money. Look, Leicester City is a nice story and all, But it gets dwarfed by a game 7 every time

160 matches per season, m8

Also it's the sport watched by rich old baby boomers. It will be a fringe sport in 30-40 years

>hes basically doing the same thing that Messi does just without a ball because carrying a ball takes next to no effort.

I'd pay good money to see Messi try to score a touchdown against 11 NFL defenders. The difference between our football and your football is our players wouldn't get crippled attempting your sport.

Basketball is the future, literally the only sport without any competition. You're not going to turn rugby fans into NFL fans, Soccer/RealFootball fans are there of course, and can't understand why the hell the game the NFL plays would be called "football". Baseball has some competition and is boring, but basketball is literally in it's own lane.

Plus you need a yard or a field to play soccer/eggball/ or baseball. But anybody can buy a basketball hoop and set it up and shoot in their driveway

>He thinks beating up on bottom feeders and padding your way to a "championship" is more representative of team quality than facing off with a foe of similar strength in a winner-take-all format.

Guess what, Guido, EVERY other professional sport in the world aside from semen slurp soccer has a regular season/playoff structure as a opposed to the malarkey that is a league points system.

If you can't beat another contender straight up and have to back into winning the title on total points, they you don't deserve a title.

And lmao at deciding shit on away goals.

What a stupid goddamn sport and league structure.

>They score 2.5 goals on average each game in semen slurp

Is this why you chant? To be keep yourselves awake for this shit?

>the reward is the playoffs
>the reward is the same for everyone
>b-but the last is p-paired with the first
As if the regular season final result was a real classification.
>it gets dwarfed by a game 7 every time
>needing 7 games to understand who's better

Just stop, do yourself a favour.

>The difference between our eggball and your football

Well no fucking shit, I bet a fat ass NFL eggball player can't score a goal in actual football either. And is getting crippled playing a game supposed to be a selling point?

Sadly you got them lobbying to try and get an exception from Minimum Wage from the feds as the players are suing about that situation and want it changed.

>Just stop, do yourself a favor
I'm not your mirror, user.

>The difference between our football and your football is our players wouldn't get crippled attempting your sport.

Because they are monsters, right?

Look "our" football can be played by anybody (90% of population can play), "your" football can only be played by 5% of population who happen to be genetically freaks

>our players wouldn't get crippled attempting your sport.
Are you serious? They couldn't even manage to keep the ball for 5 seconds and would always commit faul when trying to defend.

It considers the top 4 tiers of your "English Football League," Nigel.

Yeah, I'm tragic. Think more carefully before you type next time.

I await the typical British deflection instead of a an honest admission of error.

>ties are inherently bad because I'm not intelligent enough to be able to enjoy something unless one team clearly beats the other

Shut the fuck up, please.