Wow so I just saw this and gotta say I was really impressed with it not being a full on quip movie...

Wow so I just saw this and gotta say I was really impressed with it not being a full on quip movie, but rather it had some really good dark dramatic intense scenes.

The shot when Iron Man's parents are killed, I was surprised Disney allowing showing an older man's face being bashed multiple times, and the body count of enemies caused by the Avengers throughout, it was pretty brutal.

RDJ like always is one of the best dramatic actors and I wish he would do thrillers or something instead of just sticking to cape flicks.

I had heaps of doubts about new spiderman but now I am hooked on Holland and can't wait for his solo film.

They should have followed the comics and killed off Caps but I guess they will do that in Infinite War Part 2 or something.

Would be awesome to see an R Rated cut like Snyder is doing for BvS but I doubt we will get that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C0TZxlRRTqQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The only thing I didn't like was how Tony acted like a moody bitch. It was like his character couldn't cope with the darkness of the film and instead of manning up and dealing with it like Cap he just gets all but-hurt and emotional. Didn't really fit with Tony's character in my opinion. He should've been more angry, less cunty.

Well its his parents we are dealing about.

Even before he found out Bucky killed them.

I actually thought that the way he acted after that was fine, but right from the beginning of the film he was being a little bitch. Its like he cant be serious, without overdoing it and coming across as just an asshole.

Eh no one ever acted in character in the Civil War comic so I don't know why you expected the movie versions to.

Also did anyone else feel like that parents thing was really fucking tacked on? I always got the vibe that Iron Man was a huge asshole by giving him a tangible reason to hate Cap and Bucky it made him too much of the hero character. Also isn't Cap supposed to die?

Yes Cap was meant to idk why they didnt.

They haven't been doing everything according to the comics for all the movies so far, and its a good thing. A lot of the righting in the comics is downright awful.

Also I thought that both Tony and Cap come off equally as heroes, which is exactly how it should be.

I was pissed at Caps for defending Bucky even tho Bucky was brainwashed when he killed.. I mean I am pissed he did not tell Tony the truth.

You're so brainwashed by Disney. You're literally content with mediocrity. It's so sad. You're being fed garbage and you don't even realize it.

>antman and spidey, the best characters in the movie, get a max screen time of 30 minutes

I'm done with this Mickey Mouse-tier soap opera drama. It doesn't help either that all the fight scenes are edited by a teenager with Tourette's and Parkinson's, it's as if they want to distract the audience from how shoddy everything looks by waving a flashlight on their face. I couldn't give a damn about any of these sterile excuses for characters. During the airport scene all the artificially-inflated conflict devolved into a child playing with one toy in each hand and bashing them together.

It's riddled with sophomoric and shallow pseudo-political ponderings that are thrown out the window when the quiptastic action starts. They completely disregard for the umpteenth time the collateral damage while they're having fun showcasing their flashy abilities.

The third act pretends to get serious when in reality it turns into a cheap heartstring manipulation revolving around "why didn't you tell me Cap waaa".

This part completely disregards the fact that Stark knows all too well that brainwashing and mental manipulation is a thing, let's not forget that he has witnessed it firsthand with Banner. There's no excuse for him to have such a sudden change of heart other than to extend the conflict for another 15 minutes of mindless violence, and leave the manchildren with the impression that they've just witnessed an intricate revenge tragedy.

All smoke and mirrors, the constant quipping is an effective tool to cloud a fanboy's mind and judgement.

Finally, what's left is an entire team of "world-class" heroes that got fooled by a man wearing a Bucky mask. Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.

If you don't think this is cartoonish and laughable you might be too young to post on this site.

Never again.

the franchise is going to start to slowly move towards more dark more dramatic and more intense non PG 13 material.

seems like Marvel wants to bring in a much bigger crowd into the show and actually but there superhero franchise on a GOAT pedestal. you can expect this shit to go deeper and maybe in the future marvel will even show Nudity. they practically control the Comic Book Race and the superhero franchise, they have noone to contend with

Because the First Avenger needs to be there for the grand finale of the entire franchise? If they killed him off in this, there would have to be some whole bullshit comic magic that would bring him back for Infinity Wars, and no one wants to deal with that. I am happy they didn't kill anyone just for the added drama.

I'm curious. What aspects of the movie would you change to improve it?

Discuss minor things you enjoyed
>Big bold text for years and locations
>Smooth room-to-room transition when Bucky escapes his cell
>Some lines from the trailer were changed, most of them had a more serious tone in the movie

Other than that, the first thing that really stood out to me was how much better this movie handled the whole superhero overseeing theme in comparison to BvS.

I liked the Tony Stark younger-self cgi gag. Completely fooled me and was extremely clever.

I liked how they made Bucky as winter soldier much more powerful than Bucky as himself

I liked how they *just* started to show flaw in vision's character, which made me very intrigued

I liked that scar jo choses caps team in the end. It never made sense for her to be on Iron Man's imo

What would you have preferred?

This is copypasta. Don't bother.

And he is a grown ass adult with years of experience in the corporate boardroom and fighting aliens, not his character from Less Than Zero.

So is the Black Panther film going to be an origin story, or is it going to pick up where this left off, with an assault on his Panther base with him now on Cap's team?

Or both, somehow?

>$0.10 has been added to your account -Courtesy of DC: Damage Control

Tony's always been a bit of a moody bitch. He is an alcoholic billionaire playboy who constantly mouthed off to other people about how smart he was. In some of the films, he'll say things that cut pretty deep, or downright cunty.

People saying it was out of character are crazy.

I mean Tony Stark is an alcoholic druggie with ego problems and nervous breakdowns being playing by Robert Downey Jr, a recovering alcoholic druggie with ego problems and nervous breakdowns.

If anything him snapping was more in character than the rest of his actions.

Anyone remember when he nearly killed the guests at his party in IM2, because he got drunk while still wearing the suit?

Anyone remember his nervous breakdown in IM3?

Dude just saw his mother and father killed by a guy standing right next to him, and it wasn't some out of camera shot either, Bucky beat his dad's head in and choked his mom to death.

Too much of a risk. Whether you want to admit it or not, it's clear Disney likes it's cookie cutter movies with very low risks. Their years of experience definitely has resulted in a personal "formula" they use in order to achieve maximum hype for a movie, regardless of the movie. Look at Star Wars, and how they played it extremely safe. The only reason Han Solo died was because they wanted to prove they were serious, but I doubt they'll do something like kill Luke in the next movie. Same thing here. It's safer to not kill off characters, and stick to the safe and proven "formula".

I'd reckon that they give some origin for the first Black Panther and kind of set up how the mantle is passed down. Besides that, it will probably pick off where it left off. I don't think Cap will be involved though. He likely leaves Wakanda after dropping off Bucky.

RDJ did some lawyer drama shit a few years ago, it was okay.

Exactly. Tony is by far the most emotionally vulnerable and unstable out of all of the Avengers, besides maybe Wanda.

I can understand his feelings after seeing the tape of his parents getting killed. And yea, he has always been moody since IM2 and increasingly in AoU, BUT, what I would disagree with is the execution.

He sounds like a mom arguing with a child, or with an annoying coworker. It's just the way his lines are written, and how the director got him to say them. I have no problem with moody Stark, but he just sounded whiny and in all honesty very feminine for some reason. And I am talking about even before he sees the tape of Bucky.

It was my favorite marvel movie in this universe. Loved the amount of character development, the limited (but actually funny) quips, and the new spidey. Also I was completely on captains side in the comics, but I couldn't decide this movie. Both had solid points.

how the fuck can black panther run so fast and take hits like the others? He's just a guy in a vibranium suit

You're first mistake was going into a fucking comic book movie and expecting Citizen Cane tier drama and insight. You might be too old to post on this site.

Well he thinks he's smarter than Cap or even 99% of the people he meets. And he usually is. But this has resulted him in talking down to people all the time.

tribal cat magic i think

I think he was made to be extra op to get people interested in the character and want to see his upcoming movie. And I'm pretty sure it worked, cause most of my normie friends said he was one of their favorite characters

Iron Man is just a man in an iron suit

I'm pretty sure he runs fast because he's African and has some magic shit. He can take hits because exactly what you said, his suit is made of vibranium.

I'm pretty sure if he took his helmet off and got punched in the face he would go down.

African herbs that give him enhanced abilities

I don't really want a Black Panther movie involving the Winter Soldier as a major element.

But Martin Freeman and Andy Serkis will be in it, and I can't think of any other place they would continue the Zemo character, so I'm really hoping they find a way to get real weird and magical with it after Doctor Strange even with so many threads starting in a grounded movie like Captain America

Nigger.

memes aside, probably some lion king hutu tutsi magic that gets explained in Black Panther movie.

I agree that winter soldier shouldnt dominate the movie, but I felt like we didn't get to see him as Bucky enough, and we need to see how, or if, he is eventually accepted as a hero and not a villian.

With all the vibranium Black Panther has I would be surprised if he didn't give him a new arm at some point.

he got to fight Bucky when he was escaping without his vibranium suit tho. Black Magic?

It looked like his ring could control bucky's arm

He's a bit on the magic side like Dr Strange. There was a scene in the movie when he fights WS without his suit, the ring he got from his dad does something and he holds his hand out and looks at it like wtf.

>Not to mention that the villain's stale trope was better executed 19 years ago when Scream 2 came out, ironically, a film satirizing this cliché.
This was also made pretty much in Iron Man 2 too.

The problem is how he executed it for me, I know that Tony is a millionare autistic manchildren, and throwing an autistic fit (Working unaturaly, weird movements, no sense of control, no common sense, talking with his normal voice) was just not right.

I would have love Tony actually fucking angry, yelling at the top of his lung, maybe swearing and being a little bit more violent.
But thats just me.

>Why didn't a 'civil war' produce any meaningful battles or lasting consequences?
>Why did the film abandon its central premise of the Sokovia Accords and dive headfirst into "muh Bucky" as the source of all conflict?
>Why were there bi-minutely quips during serious dramatic scenes?
>Why are all Marvel films after the original Iron Man shot like TV sitcoms?
>Why didn't Henry Jackman deliver a score as memorable, or even noticeable, as Winter Soldier's?
>Why did the movie spend so much time setting up future characters and preserving the status quo instead of utilizing and breaking the existing cast apart?
>Why was the action shot entirely in close up shaky cam with cuts every half second, rendering half of the film unwatchable and outright boring?
>Why did Hawkeye and Lang side with Cap despite wanting to be there for their families? Why did Lang knowingly put himself in legal trouble despite spending all of Ant Man wanting out of it?
>Why did the writers start shipping Vision and Wanda instead of giving them proper character development first?
>Where the hell did Techno-Azkaban come from, and why didn't anyone mention it before or react to its existence?
>How did Tony blow off an arm made of vibranium?
>Why did the writers use almost the same plot as The Dark Knight and Skyfall when Bucky was captured?
>Why doesn't anyone bring up the fact that the Avengers built Ultron, and the the entire Sokovia conflict was their fault, not just the collateral damage?
>Why does Steve romance the niece of his recently dead old flame? Why does Sharon Carter give such a topical eulogy that fits Cap's motivations with cringeworthy perfectly?
>How did Tony Stark not learn that his parents were murdered before the end of this film?

I could do this all day.

I still wish we had glimpses of alcoholic tony.

This is the first post that has made me realize butthurt DC fuccbois really do exist

>it did. the avengers are still fractured. steve and tony's friendship took a serious hit. war machine is done.
>why not?
>there weren't
>this one was better than most of the other films in that regard.
>i'll give you that.
>i disagree.
>nah dude the fight scenes were shot perfectly.
>yeah.
>yeah.
>?
>yeah.
>they didn't really.
>they do bring it up indirectly.
>yeah.
>there's nothing to suggest he didn't.

if you mean "post stuff that is wrong is the first place" then I'm sure you could do it all day

just picking 2 out of random

>>How did Tony blow off an arm made of vibranium?

It wasn't pure vibranium, it was plated with links made because it's an arm that has to move. You can see it plainly in the design. The innards were just machinery that could be yanked off with enough force, which is what happened.

>>Why did the writers use almost the same plot as The Dark Knight and Skyfall when Bucky was captured?

In those movies the antagonist purposely gets captured. In this one Zemo framed Bucky to get him captured so he could re-activate him while captive. Not even remotely the same.

Here's a bonus

>>Why doesn't anyone bring up the fact that the Avengers built Ultron, and the the entire Sokovia conflict was their fault, not just the collateral damage?

Tony outright says twice that the events in AoU was "his fault". This is the main reason he pushes the accords so personally.

>Why didn't a 'civil war' produce any meaningful battles or lasting consequences?
the Avengers split into two teams and it's now being taken seriously when people are vigilantes
>Why did the film abandon its central premise of the Sokovia Accords and dive headfirst into "muh Bucky" as the source of all conflict?
the Bucky plotline was already established and the sokovia accords were not that much of a conflict because they werent forcing anyone to sign up
>Why were there bi-minutely quips during serious dramatic scenes?
during the airport fight it wasnt that grim as they were trying to take each other alive and still friends
>Why are all Marvel films after the original Iron Man shot like TV sitcoms?
they're not and Winter Soldier and Civil War have amazing action directing
>Why didn't Henry Jackman deliver a score as memorable, or even noticeable, as Winter Soldier's?
youtube.com/watch?v=C0TZxlRRTqQ
>Why did the movie spend so much time setting up future characters and preserving the status quo instead of utilizing and breaking the existing cast apart?
they end up as two different teams, one working for the UN and one outlaw, and Tony's life is #rekt
>Why was the action shot entirely in close up shaky cam with cuts every half second, rendering half of the film unwatchable and outright boring?
it makes it feel kinetic and frantic, hating shakycam is a pleb criticism and it can be done well if the blocking works
>Why did Hawkeye and Lang side with Cap despite wanting to be there for their families?
they didn't know they'd have to fight Tony's team, just help him fight the other winter soldiers

>Why did Lang knowingly put himself in legal trouble despite spending all of Ant Man wanting out of it?
in Ant-Man he risked jail to do the right thing
>Why did the writers start shipping Vision and Wanda instead of giving them proper character development first?
they are married in the comics and both have established characters already
>Where the hell did Techno-Azkaban come from, and why didn't anyone mention it before or react to its existence?
why wouldn't Wakanda be as advanced, racist?
>How did Tony blow off an arm made of vibranium?
you see when you see people fixing his arm it's not vibranium all the way through, obviously
>Why did the writers use almost the same plot as The Dark Knight and Skyfall when Bucky was captured?
they didn't, in those movies the villains get themselves caught on purpose, not get someone else caught
>Why doesn't anyone bring up the fact that the Avengers built Ultron, and the the entire Sokovia conflict was their fault, not just the collateral damage?
they did, that's why Tony feels so responsible and goes along with the UN and Zemo hates them
>Why does Steve romance the niece of his recently dead old flame?
they already knew each other from the last movie
>Why does Sharon Carter give such a topical eulogy that fits Cap's motivations with cringeworthy perfectly?
quote from the comics casual
>How did Tony Stark not learn that his parents were murdered before the end of this film?
Bucky killed them with blunt force trauma and staged it to look like a car crash

try again DCuck

>Vision's wardrobe
>Cooking with Wanda
>"Can you move the seat forward?"
>"No"
>Black Panther and Zemo's conversation

Alright CinemaSins go back to youtube

>it makes it feel kinetic and frantic
it makes it a pain to watch
go watch any old jackie chan movie - all of those fights are more kinetic and frantic than this and are all very still shots that actually show contact and can be followed

you literally didn't watch it.

just got back

7/10 here

camerawork was fucking abysmal. some of the worst shakycam I've seen in my entire life.

Plot was cliched and hamfisted

action was good, quips were ok

>quips made it a 7/10

You faggots have real shit taste.

In this case it was spider man and antman providing the humor (which is comic faithful).

Tony stark was 1/50th as quippy as his old self due to so much brooding.

Bucky and Wilson back and forths were literally 10/10 quippage.

He's a mutant

just saw it. literal kino. memes aside though with possible spoilers I guess? but really who hasn't been spoiled? :

>Cap
just Cap being Cap, but man the nigga went full primal with Iron Man in the end.

>Winter Soldier
can we talk about how he destroyed everyone after he broke out from being in captivity? he was once again, great.

>Iron Man
when he found out how his parents were killed, jesus christ.

>Black Widow
she kicked serious ass. scene with Panther, her holding him back, was great.

>Black Panther
not sure how they pulled it off but they did. he melded very well, was entertaining in fight.

>Scarlet Witch
no one doubted it but jesus chirst his absolute angel really is the most OP of all. that scene with Vision man, everyone knows which one.

>Vision
really love how they handled him. I thought it would be few scenes, few dialogue but no. great fucking work with him

>Hawkeye
scene with Vision was great, balls of steel on the guy.

>Spiderman
I hated that they cast that fucker but he did solid work. saw much more Spiderman than anticipated

>Ant Man
not much to discuss here, he shined in the airport scene obviously.

>War Machine
RIP

>Crossbones
I like how they threw us off the scent of the real bad guy. this guy... it surprised me how irrelevant he ultimately was.

>Zemo
always loved this actor. compelling, angry.

>Agent 13
fuck yeah Cap got some.

great movie. absolutely. 8.5/10 easily

>I think he was made to be extra op to get people interested in the character

Panther was supernaturally stong and fast and was always a step above captain America or guys like bucky.

He wasn't spiderman tier strength, but he was a better fighter.

I meant they weren't as excessive as in prior marvelshit

>implying the average american understands the banal allegory in the captain america movies
It's actually fucking sickening tbqh.

Very few marvel "fighters" (outside of the very heavy hitters who are invulnerable and can lift buildings) can go toe-to-toe with panther.

YES

I AM SO HAPPY

I FUCKING LOVED VISION IN IT

THANK YOU MARVEL, THAT'S ALL I CARED ABOUT

>that scene where Spiderman decapitated Cap with his Spider Guillotine move, then proceed to mock War Machine crying over his lover's corpse by calling him a "race mixing bum fucking nigger"
I was seriously taken back by that, but it made more sense when he started beating on Ironman and mumbling about how he "should have stayed in the fucking oven" and "one Holocaust wasn't enough", it's clear that the director's vision was that of Raimi's, they even rehired Toby Mcguire to create the vision of a more mature Spiderman who has more than just daily struggles to deal with

Some people in the theatre i saw it in cracked up every time a new location was announced that way

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

That part when Winter Soldier put Iron Man's dad's head in the car I had flashbacks to Kingpin in Daredevil and wondered if they would really go that far.

Where does his strength come from?

Also characters powerlevels in the comics vary so fucking much. They can't be taken seriously, for the most part.

>spoopy black magic
Can't wait for the sjw shitstorm over that

>Spiderman
the thing i was waiting for was the worst part
>Antman
the thing i didn't even think about was the best part

So is Zemo going to go down as one of the best MCU villains alongside Kingpin and Loki?

Wakandian technology and a suit made of Vibranium.

Vibranium is the shit cap america's shield is made off.

>the best characters in the movie
THIS I fucking love Ant Man and Spidey.

Gotta wait ages for the Ant Man sequel tho. He better be in the next Avengers movie!

If you didn't like Tom Holland spidey then you don't understand the character of spidey and never actually liked it.

Scarlet Witch's accent went in and out during the movie. Also, that romance thing with Carter's niece made me fall asleep. Otherwise it was quite enjoyable.

This trolling is getting old. I as a DCuck give Civil War an 8/10.

Amazing funny, emotionally dramatic movie. Bury this nonsense hatred.

Yea I know about his suit, but you, or it might have been another user, just said he had super strength. A vibranium suit doesnt give you strength, just makes you indestructible.

This movie had an awful start but after the UN gets bombed it really picked up. The drama about the Avengers being too dangerous and countries being upset with them and some of the character's choices to side with the UN felt really forced.

Like some random black lady shows up to bitch at Tony because her son died and this is his main motivating factor to sign the registration act.

Looks like he has nothing to add. There is nothing about this movie that you would need change: it is almost perfect as it is.

I would rather prefer a longer cut with more spidey and tony and ant man.

Oh don't know about that. But I guess they could add some magic african technology to make the suit give you super strength.

It felt out of place to me. I guess its easier than doing establishing shots of landmarks though and it helps the movie keep its pace.

I didn't think it felt forced, per se, but I definitely thought it was stupid that everyone kept referring to the avengers as 'murderers' even though it was very obvious that they never killed anyone, and anyone who died was killed by the people they were trying to stop.

I get that the point was they were too reckless, but there just seemed to be no logic in these accusations of murdering, yet no one says anything about it in their defense.

Bucky all hydra-triggered was a fucking tank. Soloed falcon, cap, stark, black widow, agent 13, black panther ... just walking the halls straight up dismantling people.

>Where does his strength come from?

Depending on the era of black panther, his strengh and senses are enhanced by a sacred rare plant used by the kings of his tribe, and also augmented by the power of the panther god. It is mystical in nature, similar to Moon knight and superheros like that.

He also exhibits bat man style foresight and prep-tme, moreso than most other marvel heroes.

He is not just a guy in a suit. He has come out on top against thor-tier opponents like pic related, or the silver surfer mentioned above.

The cameraman was really good in this. That shot when the camera pans around to the black panther guy on the bench before he has his transition speech and puts on ring was really good.

It was a really great speech too: starts by speaking about what his father believed in (audience therefore thinks he is a goody guy) until he says "I am not like my father" and then you know shit is about to go down.

That's not it at all. You realize he was at MIT throwing money at them because he feels super guilty about Ultron?

Like seriously his whole life everything he does turns out shit.

Make weapons -> used by terrorists
Fight aliens -> Destroy a city
Try to make an army of suits -> Ultron
Try to contain Hulk -> Destroy a city

Like all of Ultron is a set up for showing that Tony feels guilty as fuck.

I gotta say, spidey was literally perfect in all aspects except his kiddy voice, i want the actor to develop a voice that's not as girly as the one he currently has, but the suit looked 30/10 in action, and i like how they actually made him look strong as fuck, strong enough to be able to take on all the avengers except maybe Vision, shit was incredible

I could not believe was i was looking at, spidey was fantastic, i'd watch the whole movie again just to see spiderman in action one more time.

This shows that they can make more actors look younger in movies with CGI.

Why can't Disney just CGI a young Han instead of hiring some other young actor?

Maybe because it would cost too much and Ford would have to act out every scene as they take pictures of each facial expression idk.

Still I would prefer this than the young han movie that I may not bother paying money to see.

Yo why are we not talking about the best thing of this movie???

>HOT
>ASS
>AUNT
>MAY

This. He probably is talented in some African dark arts or something.

Is cool for the MCU to also have spirituality as well as the dimensions stuff that we will see in Dr Strange

I understood the MIT stuff but it was slighted by throwing in the Pepper drama and then suddenly jumping to that elevator scene. It felt more like Tony doing typical philanthropy stuff at first with less of a connection to Sokovia. I don't know, character motivations just felt kind of off and rushed in the beginning. Things did pan out and get better after the UN was bombed as I said.

This guy gets it.

>Tony and Pepper are broken up
>Tony wants Aunt May bad
>Tony will be in Spider-Man Homecoming

Tony confirmed for giving May the dick

Tony is going to bang her in the spidey film no question

Spiderman and Black Panther were my favorite parts of the movie. They really sold me on stand alone films.

I disagree. His voice was fine and he immediately looked and sounded like the spiderman.

And also: I cant be the only one who thought he looked like Tobey Maguire when he was lying on the airport floor with his mask half off.. the way his face looked there was just like Tobeys!

I am still bummed Keaton wont be the Vulture. I so hope the movie is a masterpiece somehow.