Why is Joao Mario playing over him?

Why is Joao Mario playing over him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EhNwMkOrutg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because hes North African and should be playing with a North African team.

Im tired of this shit , Africa wouud of won a World Cup by now if they had access to their best born talent

Because joao mario is Portugals best player, but our coach put him in a defensive role since all we know is park the bus. Quaresma only comes in if we're tied at the 100minute or losing...

he should at least get subbed in earlier he is brilliant. He might have made some poor career decisions but he is extermly talented

Not to mention all the Olympic basketball gold medals and FIBA World cups

Because João Mário is a central midfield and Quaresma is a Winger.
Now, you may have seen João Mário playing as a winger on this tournament, but trust me, he is not...we just have a dumb manager.

João Mário also plays in the wing at Sporting.

because hes just another ego on the field
with nani and penaldo already there, the team cant handle a 3rd sissy

This.

No he doesn't. Just because he plays on the side does not mean he plays on the wing.

Well then what's his excuse for being shit?
He can't cross or shoot

in sporting hes a "fake" winger.
In the NT hes basically playing the role of a Upfront Leftback, what is he suposed to do...

Fernando santos made Renato sanches play the same role joao mario has in the sencond half and was even shittier.
If Joao Mario played in the center he would be the best player in the euros by far but since Fernando santos doesn't get any comitions from fielding joao mario hehas to put Jorge Mendes boy toys like Joao moutinho and sanches in there... thats why we suck

Wrong on both accounts m8.
The problem is that jm needs a organized team behind him, because he cares too much about losing the ball right now.

gypsies aren't north african

Funny because Moutinho did more than João Mário in the 15 or so minutes he played with that assist to Ronaldo where he choked

Lots of players have been assisting CR so he can choke.
Mortinho has been an absolute joke so far.

Wasn't João Mario the guy who made that great lob pass to Cristiano alone inside the box, who then missed the volley?

CR has missed at least 3 or 4 like that.

cuz he's a gypsie

thats because joao moutinho was playing the fucking middle
João Mario made the cross for cristianos backheel goal

That was Moutinho
Sporting fags are still salty about him

he's a gyppo lad

>Moutinho has been the worst player on our team every game he started
hur durr sporting fans are salty

Sporting fag opinions go straight to the fucking trash
You guys did nothing but talk shit on Sanches for months
Hope wins several straight balloon doors

Ps: not eve a Benfica fan

I still talk shit about him, He has shown nothing new lmao.
He still misses 8/10 passes. he still cant dribble and can't defend.
Our coach just gives him freedom, which is somthing Joao mario/Andre gomes/Moutinho/Adrien do not get because they have to defend and track back, something sanches doesnt do.
Andre gomes or joao mario playing in the middle with the same liberty has sanches would do a MUCH better job than him. Sanches is not even a one trick poney because he literally doesnt even have one, hes shit in my eyes. and allot of sane peoples eyes, don't buy into everything the benfica controlled media tells you, think with your own head.

Sure thing m8.
Keep eating the shit they feed you.

You guys should be happy then.
No one is buying Mário for whatever ridiculous amount of money your president wants for him.

You guys can cry over muh role but the guy is struggling to do basic shit right.

Because of that terrible tattoo on his fucking face

But I am happy as fuck he's staying wtf.
I'm also thrilled to have William, Adrien and maybe even Slimani next year.

What I'm not happy about is how our NT coach can misuse what is probably a top 3 player in the team. Its fucking ridiculous.

Why the fuck can't people like you just look at how pathetic our NT is considering the players that are there.

Santos is Utter shit, and has always been.

The most glaring flaw on the team is still, after like 10 years, the lack of an at least semi decent and dependable striker

Andre Silva looks promising

The biggest flaw on the team is that there is no team. We have the players but we don't have a team. It's like playing with randoms on csgo, that plus the bullshit coach we have and his shit tactics causes our team to be disorganized as shit

too bad you don't realize tactics are the only reason Portugal is in the semis
they could have done better but no other team played against teams that didn't want to take risks as much as croatia and poland
the minute the NT would have opened up they would have immediately lost like Belgium

team cohesion is a real problem though

>Africa is a country

Too bad you don't get what a proper defensive team is like. Like Italy, for example.
We are defensive BUT utter inoffensive whole attacking. We don't have a single attack plan trained when we have the ball, we are dependent on meme individual plays and lucky crosses.

Moutinho

Portugal is in the semis despite having the shittiest squad of this Euro. Don't question the coach.

That was Van Persie-esque

Modern players are such trash. I've seen Ronaldo, and others, do that exact fuck up limitless times now.

In that situation, you don't swing for the cameras - you let it come accross you and simply sidefoot it on the bounce with your other foot. Easy fucking peasy.

He works best as a super sub

You are confusing coach with Pepe.
Nice try tho.

DEATH TO MODERN FOOTBALL

>shittiest squad of this Euro

That's gross exaggeration.
Funny how a brilliant game from the GK and a missed penalty against Austria then two very unlucky goals against Hungary created this narrative.

>Too bad you don't get what a proper defensive team is like. Like Italy, for example.
I never said that. I even said that team cohesion is a real problem and yeah especially offensively, but FS wasn't dumb at all and if he didn't push for good marking and closing down in midfield, Portugal wouldn't even have gotten out of the group stage

Also Portugal have the worst shot on goal/goals ratio, so at least they had a lot of opportunities but they (Ronaldo mostly) didn't convert it...On a good day Ronaldo could have had 2 or 3 more goals against Poland

But everyone knows Portugal can play pretty fast if the spaces are there, so Croatia and Poland completely killed the flow of both games by making Portugal desperate to push forward and FS didn't fall into their trap I think

whats with the face tats? this dude looks like a world class douche.

>shittiest squad of this Euro
All we lack is a good Striker, we're good in every other position.

He's a crazy gypsy lad.

As a neutral that Joao Mario lad is very bad. Sure he may have dominated the Portugal domestic league but even Fulham flop Bryan Ruiz looks good there though so that doesn't mean anything at all.

>that tear tattoo
What a faggot

England was the actual example of a team consisting of individual players doing their own thing, and thus collapsed. Arguably belgium as well.

I would say Portugal is a team that is fundamentaly good, has some glaring flaws that have to be fixed, but has managed to keep focus when under pressure like it did against hungary, croatia and poland.

Hope this game helped moutinho get over 2012, even Ronaldo had to convince him to do that penalty.

youtube.com/watch?v=EhNwMkOrutg

Not gonna lie.
I thought he was going to miss again but he showed great mental fortitude

Pepe is carrying the team. Renato is fun to watch. The rest is mediocre at best.

>As a neutral that Joao Mario lad is very bad.

Say that to a Sporting CP fan in the face. I dare you.

Well from what I've seen of your team I'd say Pogba is shit and the only good players are payet and griezmann. is that the case?

Even most benfica and porto fans seem to agree that João Mario was the best player in the Portuguese league...

I won't argue with that. That's the truth. Don't forget that dumb shit Giroud too. Kanté, Griezmann and Payet are the only reasons we are not out yet.

omg Evra Sagna Giroud Matuidi Pogba, I don't even know how we reached the semis.

He isn't bad, he's just playing in the wrong position because Santos is retarded.

You know who was good in our league? Jonas, Jackson Martinez, Danilo, Markovic, Enzo Perez, Bryan Ruiz

Eh, I'll admit to not watching Sporting games but I still haven't seen anything exceptional from him in this tournament.
His corners haven't been great, either.

Wow, I thought Ronaldo was just a meme captain like Hazard. Thats actually pretty cool to see.

Would Gerrard or Lampard be good if you played them as a Defensive winger, whos only job is to track back and mark the oponents midfielders?

João Mario is class.

You know who was good in our league too?
Dier, Ronaldo, Figo, Renato etc..

completely diferent positions.

João Mario, Cristiano Ronaldo and André Gomes are being played out of their positions to help defend thats why their not playing their best.

>take only 1 striker and 10 midfielders
>still play several out of position

I'm surprised >we got this far

Im seeing allot of stupid comments about J Mario in here, which is crazy I think he will be one of our best midfields in a long time, he reminds me allot of iniesta, he just needs a good coach like he has in sporting and not fernando santos

t. benfica fan

Watch more games, learn about the game. Then you'll stop maling stupid questions.

Ronaldo this whole Euro has been a good captain but a shit player (except against Hungary)

you don't know what happened?

faggot

>Africa would won
American education.

>He still misses 8/10 passes.
you know he has an average of 85% accuracy right?