youtube.com/watch?v=v-1MQ0Cnbhs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqfHv9FOpXw
bbc.com/news/magazine-34290980
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The one without pads & helmets.

Rugby.
>I'm an American football player.

Rugby.

Less protection, just as much/more contact and the size of the players is ridiculous.

It's also far better to actually watch. None of this stop-start shit that American football has.

Yanks you should ditch your pussy sport and join the rest of the athletically superior world in this master-race sport.

Define manlier. If you mean more dangerous, then football is the manlier sport.

You've clearly never played either. I'm an American that plays both. Rugby's "manlier", "more dangerous".

Football. Not a lot of rugby players kill their girl friends and then themselves.

Science has already proven football tackles are way harder than rugby tackles. In rugby they pull their punches so they don't hurt themselves or their opponent. There would be broken necks and fractured skulls if football players played like they normally do without helmets and pads.

dumb americunts

This. This point is brought up every time and yet somebody makes this same fucking thread again.

did you make this picture?
because it says that his foot is a ball and the ball is a foot

You call it handball to make it sound stupid and its just that. Thats why we don't call it fucking handball.

fixed it for you faggot

>Not realizing that the fact that they "pull their punches" instantly shows it's the more dangerous sport.
That's why they "pull their punches", you fuckwad.

The foot and the ball kek

The ball is a foot long, hence football. Also rugby is manlier, people have been scalped etc. on pitch, by accident ofc. No fucking ballistic armour etc.

>filename
kek

And yet there are more injuries in football than rugby.

Soccer has more than both, dont mean it is more dangerous

Thats a poor explanation. If they actually played at full speed, it would be more dangerous. But, they don't and it's not.

American football player couldnt last a minute in a rugby match. They usally stop play every 10 seconds and would pass out after running for more than 20 seconds anyway

they're both pretty homoerotic

The original question was what was manlier I think, this still qualifies rugny I think. Furthermore, yes they do. I dont know where you played rugby but shit is fucking rough and people do not hold back. People have had noses ripped off, concussions that end careers and more.

Rugby because this

They don't BECAUSE it is. You guys are some special kind of retarded.

football has more men on a team, thats menlier

Also, this
and this

Rugby is more manly. Yes American football has harder contact than rubgy and that's why they need protection. And that's pretty much what makes American football a pussy sports.
They are not expected to know how to control themselves.

I know in the US, the emphasis of manliness is about being a stupid and violent dickwad without the slightest bit of common sense but in the rest of the world, being able to control your own strength is actually a very important part of being a man.

And that's what makes rugby superior.

That and there's also less show and more actual sports in a rugby game.

>falls
>holds knee in agony while ref stares for 15 seconds
>ref gets annoyed and finally calls penalty
>player gets back up and starts jumping because of excitement because he scored on a penalty kick.

Fuck soccer and it's fake injuries

>being able to control your own strength is actually a very important part of being a man

yet this??
Football makes more sense. Everyone is going at it as hard as they can.

In rugby.... all it takes is for one person to go at it hardt and noses get ripped off and shit.

Listen you knuckleheads, getting into the NFL is ridiculously difficult. They're genetic freaks. It's a ruthless organization and their bodies are destroyed by age 40.

I don't you grasp the amount of money being thrown around in professional football. The players are animals. Warriors

obviously the ones without protection LMAO why even ask

Soccer's the best game that's ever been created. Soccer players are literal shit now.
Take it from someone's that played football for 10 years. Soccer's the best game on the planet.

Handball is allready a thing though.

most popular

It's gay as fuck.

soccer is an awesome game, but the fake injuries are bullshit.

maybe if the league threatened to give them padding they'd stop pretending to be so fragile

>which of these sports where you rub your sweaty man bodies all over each other is the most manly

Go back to /fit/ you in-glass-closet-hidding-faggot.

Hmmm I wonder if wearing fucking armour have less fear of charging at someone.

Wearing protection head to toe is pretty gay, it's like the faggots you see riding around town with helmets and pads.

If you wear armour it hurts less so you can throw yourself around, taking a full impact without any protection takes balls.

American egg ball is pure faggotry.

This

There's a reason for that.
You've never played it, then.
No, kicking a soccer ball around when you were 6 doesn't count.
Played football for 10 years.
One year of soccer literally changed my life. Started watching/following soccer, won't ever go back. American football is one of the worst things ever to play. Standing around for an hour, with nothing but a few short bursts of 10 second action.
Just take it from someone that hasn't spent their life in their mom's basement.

That's what I said. Players are shit. They're just a bunch of pussies. Soccer is the best game there is.

Soccer is a no contact sport. You are not supposed to touch another player at all, just like basket ball. If someone sprinted into you and kicked your face in basket you'd want to make sure theu got punished too.

What a bunch of wimps

youtube.com/watch?v=v-1MQ0Cnbhs

It's not football. It's hand egg

>Soccer
>Who has the prettiest hairstyle
>Who can cry the most for a penalty
>90 minutes later 1 goal

Fuck off.

>The players are animals.

Recruiter
>FUCK
>get more white people, they're starting to think it's a zoo out there.

Not true. Soccer has a shit ton of contact. You clearly don't play the sport, and have no worthwhile comment henceforth. It's not a FULL contact sport. Maybe if you'd ever played a sport, you'd know the difference.

lrn2reed dumbass. I said the players are shit twice.

The problem is it's a no contact sport. The players like to pretend they were tripped or pushed to get penalty kicks.

It's literally players falling down like a half foot away so the reps will think they were tripped or some shit.

I didn't say they were holding back, I said they were controlling their force. You know, knowing how to throw your full force without accidentally killing the other person.

That's pretty much why there are less injuries in rugby.

samefag

You made no mention of the players being shit in that comment.

Rugby League football is tougher one on one contact than Rugby, the latter has more flowing rucks and mauls.. soccer however is the only true "foot-ball" game... stupid murican shit is nothing compared to any of them

American football players are bigger tho.

If you took the armour of an American and made him played rugby, he'd get destroyed.

If you gave armour to a rugby player, he'd be indestructible.

Argument over.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IqfHv9FOpXw

Read the thread, tardo. Literally the reply before that it was mentioned.

I'd say football. I've played both for equal amounts of time and definitely football.
Yeh in rugby you don't have pads, that doesn't mean it hurts more.
In rugby, you get tackled from the chest down and usually not directly head in in full sprint, most pains gotten are usually small and just from getting studs on your leg or landing funny.
In football, defence play as though the helmet makes them invincible so they go all out in each tackle.
In rugby you only remember 2/10 of the tackles on you, in football you remember 8/10 tackles as you get the air knocked out of you almost every time, as opposed to being dragged down or tackle from an angle

Who cares? Watch what you want. People who argue about sports are stupid.

No, American football Linemen are FATTER. An argument could be made that, on average, American football players are TALLER, if that's what you mean. However, a 5'8", 300 lb ball of muscle will shred a 6'2" 185 lb of receiver.

gr8 b8 m8

The average salary of NFL is 1.9million a year.

I only say this because you have to understand that if you held back, you would never make it to the NFL.

They are pretty much trained to kill the other teams and if they can't do that then they're not needed.

Umm you're an idiot. NFL players are fucking HUGE. Rugby players, while good sized humans are manlets compared to the NFL

I don't see how this could be taken as b8.
Most of the other anons on this thread have probably never touched a rugby ball or a pigskin and are only making claims based on their madden skills and YouTube highlights.

there are no 300pb five foot eight rugby players. There are however numerous 6'8 300lb+ NFL players who are freakishly strong

So huge and tough have to wear body armour.
Sounds like a huge faggot.

I have. Lol. Nothing you said was even remotely true.
Is me, bud.

The linemen have a specific job. if they can't do it, then they aren't going to be linemen.

The recruitment/qualifications of NFL are 100x higher then rugby.

that's part of the reason why NFL players get paid so much.

I have played the sport and competitevly I might add in a number of leagues in both 5 a side and 11 a side. There is some limited contact beacause it is unavoidable but there are very specific rules as to how it can be done, when it is a foul and when it is not. The reason they give fouls when there is contact is because it is supposed to be no contact. Furthermore, the severity of the violation in regards to the rulesdetermines the severity of the punishment, from a simple foul to a yellow card, red card, player suspension to even team disqualification. Part of the reason players exaggerate is to elicit a more severe penalty on the opposing player or team.

It feels like you only watched the game, never played it. Get real man.

So light weight and non aggressive that no body armor is required. Sounds like a bunch of fairies

1. My numbers were to illustrate the point that height doesn't mean anything.
2. Henry Tuilagi is close enough to those randomly made up numbers for you to fuck off.

Exactly. You clearly stated "you are not supposed to touch another player AT ALL". Now, "there are very specific rules as to how it can be done". Thank you for proving my point with the literal comment I was going to use.

They get paid more because of sponsorships and generally more people watch them. It has nothing to do with requirements

I only played one year and have a better understanding of the game than you.
>Get real, man.
Like I said,

This

'Non aggressive'

largest player in 2015 rugby world cup was 6'4 and 235lb. NFL has quarterbacks that big. Notice the plural. THis also doesnt take into account linebackers, lineman or tight ends. Go full retard somewhere else

when there's over a million dollars on the line and EVERY highschool and college in the USA has a football team, there is a huge base to choose from.

Basically there's more people playing football currently then rugby.... and a lot of them would like to sign contracts with the NFL for millions of dollars.

The more people competing for the job, the more picky the recruiters get to be.

the one without armor you fagget

someone threw a tomato at him cause rugby sucks

'Non aggressive.'

First, why the fuck are you still talking about holding back? I said (in the very post you're answering to) that they do not hold back in rugby, they are trained to use their force without damaging the other guy too much because it's funnier if the other guy can play rugby.
Secondly, being paid to get repeatedly hit in the head is not manly, it's stupid, even if the NFL encourages its player to believe it's manly.

American football is more for show than for actual sports.

The force of an NFL tackle is the equievalent of being hit by a car with your back turned.

Dog, you're the one going full-retard. I kinda feel bad for you at this point.
1. My numbers were random and had no point besides illustrating height not mattering.
2. You use one year, and one tournament, compared to all of NFL.
>Some special kind of retarded.

'Non-aggressive'

>they get paid more
>therefore it's manlier
Wat

That's what happens when you fuck with Harry Potter in the quidditch tournament

Damn, looks like when you peel off a baseball's first layer.

Yea, forreal. Soccer players get paid more than American footballers, so according to this retard , soccer is more manly than both.

sure the impact is superior, cuz of fucking metal armor you fucktard

the one with the less niggers in it.

Rugby is all round just a better sport. Superior athletes, greater excitement, better actual gameplay.
If anybody here wants to watch a sport that's similar to Rugby, check out Aussie Rules Football. Greatest game out there in my opinion.
Gif relevant.

So busy your logic, the manliest sports are boxing then soccer?

Good argument plebonaught.

How the fuck did that happen?
The fucker just yank his ear off.
Damn...

Literally what was going through my mind the whole time I read the defence for football

Not just one tournament, here you can see a chart of the size of players for the last 30 years. Numbers don't lie, If you would like I can find out the size of NFLplayers for the last 30 years, but I dont think you'd like the truth.

bbc.com/news/magazine-34290980

this took all of 2 seconds to find dumbhit, do some fucking research before you keep looking stupid. WWE wrestling does more damage than rugby. Rugby is fun, awesome to watch, but not even in the same ballpark for brutality as the NFL. How many rugby players do you see coming down with ALS or not even being able to walk?

Probably during a scrum or collision.

I wonder who the tougher man here is

Yeah....no. weak side tackle in American football is probably the biggest all-around athlete in the world. Except maybe track and field.

>I said you referred to one tournament, you fucking retard.
lrn2reed fuckwad.
I have stated multiple times that my numbers were randomly generated for another purpose, you imbecile.