Just found this lighter how does it work?

Just found this lighter how does it work?

Other urls found in this thread:

wwwDOT
youtube.com/watch?v=SYyEc9TKrzc
bushcraft-deutschland.de/index.php/Thread/11868-Navy-Feuerzeug-Docht-wechseln/
youtube.com/watch?v=224Sst6Es6U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you flick the wheel, it strikes the flint under it and it lights the wick, are you retarded?

Does the bottom press in? If so try that.

First you have to insert a battery, you retard.

This.

This generation is fucking retarded

Looks like it uses a flint to me

Tripitrippitrips

no, the outer shaft is attached to the cap that sits over the flick, it's currently in the open position.

You snuff the flame by sliding the outer shaft back down again.

You're out of rope, it's a WW1 trench lighter (dimmer than a match so you wouldn't get shot in the dark). Could probably find one online, can definitely find a whole new lighter

Are you fucked? how the fuck is anyone supposed to know that? wtf is the top cap on the right for, geniuses?
like Jesus Christ.. heres an old fucking relic from a hundred years ago..

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME KIDS TODAY DONT HAVE THE BLUEPRINTS OF ALL MATERIAL ITEMS FROM HISTORY BURNED INTO MEMORY?!?!?!?!?

WHY DID I GO TO WAR FOR THIS~?~?~

A flint doesn't fit in, though

Kek

You are the dumbest person on earth

its an old "petrol" lighter - uses liquid fuel
the round case holds a wick+fuel it slides up and down against the cap (on the hinge) to allow acces to fuel for sparks from the flintwheel

they were never very good which is someone threw it away

Ever heard about capillarity action? Your clothes suck the fuels out of the wick without no cap.

lmao hahahahahahahhaha

It is a replica from a WOI lighter. Under the wheel you put a special ligher flint (Same one as you can find in the modern lighters, just rip one apart) then in the bottom there is screwcap, unscrew it and you will find cotton in there you put the lighter fluid.

Jesus Op fails at critical thinking....my 8 year old could figure that shit out in about five minutes and could do it safely.....your parents failed you and obviously let the school system lead in your education.

you drop it in a toilet

the operation is the exact same as a modern bic lighter only it uses a wick instead of pressurised gas.

Ask one of the minutemen who gave it to you.

the cap goes over the wick for when it's not in use so it doesn't dry out.

Fuck mate, did you go to school at all?

wwwDOT
youtubeDOT
com/watch?v=QrkIGQYa254

kek

This TBH. Everyone with even the slightest of common sence should be able to figure out of a lighter works by examining it.

wtf are thous shoos? are you homeless?

We'll no I'm not retarded, what I ment was that there isn't a gas lighter there is like cotton where the gas would normally be and there is a candle wick but it doesn't light so I don't know what's wrong with it

I don't think this site is for you

I hope this is b8

I had one like it. there is a screw on the bottom to fill lighter fuel in. slide the sleeve to the top. the wick looks fucked so you shod full on it end cut of the top.

Checked and agreed

you put the fucking gas in the bottom, where the god damn cotton is fuckboy

This. Trips BTW.

>the cap goes over the wick for when it's not in use so it doesn't dry out.

Actually, since it uses no fuel and relies on the wick burning slowly, like tinder, the cap is to put it out so you don't set yourself on fire.

It's a rope lighter; the one I have was issued to the Spanish army sometime in the 1950s or 1960s. It's only good to light cigarettes for the most part.

They can probably be found online as replicas or collectibles.

the wick needs kerosene to work.

no, its a kerosene trench lighter. My grandpa had one.

>sence

I don't have that

Well OP you could always use any sort of regular lighter fluid, or even rubbing alcohol that hasn't been tainted with water, or more dangerously; gasoline. However, this would require you not to light yourself on fire, given how smart you've shown us you are.

MY 7 YEAR OLD SON CAN DO THIS YOU RETARDED NIGNOG

After watching the video, I stand corrected.

The one I have works like this (the guy's a dope, but the lighter works the same.)

youtube.com/watch?v=SYyEc9TKrzc

> (You)
>no, its a kerosene trench lighter. My grandpa had one.

Yep, you're right. See

bushcraft-deutschland.de/index.php/Thread/11868-Navy-Feuerzeug-Docht-wechseln/

It works now Sup Forums

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=224Sst6Es6U

Did you fill it up and put flint and a wick in it?

Those old-fashioned lighters are kind of a cool novelty, but they actually suck ass. If you really want to use it, go to a drugstore and buy flints and lighter fluid. The flint is usually held in place by some kind of spring that's held in by a screw. So you'll have to unscrew that to install the new flint, should be easy. Then you have to fill the damn thing up the lighter fluid every day, again should be accessible by another screw cap on the bottom of the unit. The reason you have to fill it up with fluid every day is because that shit evaporates like crazy and like I said, these lighters honestly suck ass so you shouldn't really use them.

Oh yeah, the lighter fluid is there to soak a wick. If there's not enough wick sticking out of the top, try to pull some out with a pair of pliers. If there's no way, just throw the fucking thing away because I've never seen a lighter where you could replace the wick.

mah b. soz niggaz wuddin thankin

either way shove it up ur ass op post pics