ITT

Pleb albums that you actually find enjoyable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jwDlcx3HWAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How is this a pleb album

Fight me

Soundgarden is the most patrrician grunge band

their only pleb songs are Black Hole Sun and Spoonman

>superunknown
>pleb
gtfo fag

You motherfuckers have your heads so deep up your ass that are sometimes incapable to enjoy music if it has some sort of mainstream success? fuck off.

Enjoy music even if it's not LE OBSCURE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED ALBUME

this

Isn't the thread about music we enjoy despite being told its not good. This entire ranting post is pretty pointless.

Also pic sort of related.

superunknown is great

all songs are very good

youtube.com/watch?v=jwDlcx3HWAU

>I like something but it's popular so I gotta make sure i let everyone know I think it's pleb to protect my indie rep
Nobody cares

it's not about "music we enjoy despite being told its not good" it's literally about "pleb" albums you enjoy aka "albums that I like but will discredit my indie rep"

It's literally about being ashamed because you like something that Sup Forums thinks is too popular to be good.

but pleb means just that it's popular. except for classical i guess but still, there's nothing more to it

It's pleb because Badmotorfinger is better

Literally summed up by . OP never said "bad" albums; he probably meant "albums that wouldn't normally be called patrician."

coldplay - parachutes

Define "pleb albums"

loving every track

but MBDTF is considered patrician and is way more popular than anything Soundgarden made.

>but MBDTF is considered patrician
by whom?

If it's done right, dance music can be good.

This is the greatest grunge album ever made and I'm not sorry for feeling that way.

Chances are if somebody owns and listens to this entire album, they're probably pretty into music.

I doubt most plebs are down to listen to Limo Wreck or Half but I could be wrong.

Or I guess it's pleb just because it's sold a lot of copies. If that's the case, a shitload of albums people talk about on here are pleb.

lets be honest here

why is this a pleb album in your opinion?

Im impressed at their ability to make pop music interesting and good. Motherboard is fantastic. Touch is the best song on the album.

i mean enjoyed by pleb

pleb but still good?

ya that's radiohead

First time coming to Sup Forums. I've heart the term pleb when reffering to music tastes being thrown around many times though. Why is Superunknown pleb? I mean it's not the most obscure album of all time and Grunge isn't the most complex genre either but even in Grunge terms it's really good musically, it's not as known as Nevermind per se and I think it's a really good album where Soundgarden finally cracked the formula and found the balance between the metal of Badmotorfinger and "grunge". Why is it "pleb"?

Answering to your question without knowing what pleb is, I think Californication is one of the best albums of all time and I'm pretty sure you'd call it pleb

Agreed on all three of those things

I think the main definition of plebian music is stuff that's popular, not very complex, radio-friendly, or maybe just something that doesn't stand out from other albums of its caliber; the definition is a bit tricky to interpret. Superunknown and Californication aren't very complex albums, nor are they really breaking new ground in what they're doing (Superunknown did sort of rework and kill off the grunge genre however, so I guess that shouldn't be discounted), so most people would say it's pleb compared to something that people commonly call patrician (albums like Soundtracks for the Blind or Unknown Pleasures are usually called patrician).

Pleb doesn't mean bad, patrician doesn't mean good. That's the only consistent fact about their definitions.

Oh I think I understand it now. So saying something is pleb is like saying a videogame is casual? Meaning it can be enjoyed by people not really invested in the genre, band or overall complexity due to it's wide appeal?

So people who bash on "pleb" albums are practically the same as the people who tell you "fun" is a buzzword in videogames? I mean I don't think elitism is fundamentally wrong in fact I think it's necessary for standards to exist in order for entertainment to push itself to better itself. That being said, people who bash on simpler things not out of their poor quality but rather due to their own insecurities and their need to be part of the "cool guys" and not be grouped with a demographic they would never be a part of anyways is annoying

Essentially yes. The reason people call things patrician is because it's harder to digest than plebian music. Anyone you or I know could get into Superunknown on their first listen, but I don't know a lot of people who could get into something like Soundtracks for the Blind or Flying Saucer Attack. It has a lot to do with taste.

Is Honeymoon any good?

Superunknown is way more than just enjoyable

how is this a pleb album?

Pleb or not that album fucking blows

Because its Foals

citizen erased is goat

hot opinion.

I would like to go on record to say that I believe that the whole pleb/patrician thing is just a Sup Forums meme. But this is an album that I just straight up dig the hell out of despite the fact that Sup Forums may not like this album or this artists works at all.

She was a legitimately great artist and that album is actually pretty fun to listen to.

OVER THE BORDERLINE

it's basically just Plant worship, with terrible mastering, but it's a great album.

don't think about it too much
get some recommendations and get out while you can still listen to music that isn't white noise

>implying i don't only listen to pleb albums

>I WONDER WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A SUPERHERO

Absolution too desu, everything since has been shite