Now that the dust has finally settled and we can clearly distinguish valid criticism of this piece from the reddit...

now that the dust has finally settled and we can clearly distinguish valid criticism of this piece from the reddit memes, was this the first masterful cape film?

Please post memes if you want to, I can appreciate it as much as the next guy, but I'd genuinely appreciate some serious discussion. Just rewatched this yesterday and was blown away at how wonderfully complex this was. Might rewatch again tonight or tomorrow desu.

need to share with someone, don't mind me

>shit plot
>shit villian
>shit cgi custom
>masterful cape film

"no"

WB can't make a decent DC superhero movie unless it's Batman related, and even then that's a maybe.

Marveldrone plz

I liked it, have seen it several times, and think the costume is one of the best superhero costumes so far (with the exception of the part covering the eyes)

>Fantastic 4: Rise of Silver Suffer had a shit cloud villain
>Oh no problem lets make another one!

Watchmen and V for Vendetta

>Jonah Hex
>Catwoman
>Green Lantern
>Steel
>Batman Forever
>Batman and Robin
>Superman Returns

While Superman Returns was actually ok, audiences weren't too enthusiastic about it, and that led WB to not make the sequel.

>wonderfully complex

I know you're memeing but this movie is genuinely unredeemable.

There's literally a scene where Hal talks with his shitskin friend in a room, Blake Lively enters, and the director/writer/actors completely forget about that character. He just vanishes but in the context of the scene, he's still sitting there watching Ryan and Blake have a tender moment awkwardly.

The whole thing is inept to a comical degree.

I've always liked DC more than Marvel, but outside of their animation department, and even that is iffy now, they can't seem to make anything really good.

>Batman Forever
That movie was a success and fun as f*ck

Haven't seen it, honestly.

>CGI costume, LOL xD
Did you enjoy Deadpool? How many quips have you made today?

>cgi costume
Spider-man 1, 2, 3 and Amazing Spiderman 1, 2. Iron Man 1, 2, 3. Most action shots in Captain America 1, 2, 3. The Hulk (all variations). The Avengers (literally cgi Scarlett Johanson for one scene) and Age of Ultron. Ironically Deadpool had a CGI costume ad CGI facial expressions for 95+% of that flick despite the jab at Green Lantern.

Only modern cape motion pictures that don't have cgi costumes are Batman ones (including Ben Affleck largely in Dawn of Justice).

yeah same, wasn't a fan of the mask. Otherwise I really liked the design of his character.

>poorly executed symbolism, you guys just don't get it.

jaja yeah green lantern was good xD solid kino lmao jeje haha but BvS was still godkino :D

let's not forget Elektra, Watchmen, Daredevil and Fantastic 4. all kinos as well hoho. all these flicks man, they are SO good in my contrarian mind and I LOVE that I can say so, because literally everyone else agrees they are shit but Sup Forums?? Sup Forums knows

I love you guys

I dont get the hate for this movie, it was a forgetabel flick, but i did not hate it like i did X-Men 3, Wolverine Origins, F4

Batman Forever was an excellent popcorn flick. Batman and Robin wasn't so good but it pushed the boundaries and outlined how far these motion pictures could go before entering cringe territory (unfortunately they went too far one too many times).
>Jonah Hex
Didn't even know about this one. Will be watching this tonight or tomorrow.
Catwoman was utter shite but they felt they needed to make a movie for women. If this was made today it wouldn't be so harshly received (although if made today they'd definitely make a better movie as 'girl power' isn't exactly uncharted territory anymore).
Superman Returns was excellent, they really nailed the atmosphere. Unfortunately there was no real substance like we find in the Snyder iterations of this character though.

>Steel
>implying
see pic

OP here. No, I'm not memeing, was genuinely surprised when I watched this last night. Thought it was simply forgettable when I saw it in theatres.

Btw I know what you're referring to but it wasn't awkward at all.

I recommend you watch it alone at night, but not so late so that you're tired. Just pay attention while watch it and don't treat it like mindless entertainment, focus!

This thread is just about Green Lantern. That said, Dawn of Justice is probably the best cape film I'm seen since TDKR, I was indifferent towards Watchmen and Daredevil holds sentimental value for me but I recognise it as a sub-par film.

Seriously, just read OP. Memes are welcome but I want to seriously discuss The Green Lantern and share experiences with it.

This movie ruined the career of the only good James bond director