I'm about to listen to the whole thing in one go...

I'm about to listen to the whole thing in one go. I've gotten myself to the point where I can fully appreciate it but I've never actually listened to it as a whole. How bad much Tylenol do you think I'm going to need later, because this is going to give a major headache.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SmwW5kBfltk
youtube.com/watch?v=sZ7Mu8YJbSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also ama

If listening to Exai really gives you headaches you shouldn't be listening to late ae in the first place.
>Also ama
What's your fetish

I'm basically going to keep this a journal for anyone who wants to do the same.

Well I got a headache from Confield so I'm expecting this to be the same case. I'm really into femdom and anal.

maybe just turn down the volume dude

Update: on prac-f
The sheer density of this album is insane. I'm almost in a state of panic by this song and it gives me doubts I'll click with the next one.
It's not the volume that's doing it.

Nope, I made it to javatee c. There's a pattern with disc 1 of the album that I've noticed where each song after prac-f is lead by an increasingly more complex idm pattern and the rest of the background stuff is added along as extra to go with the main pattern.

It won't be quite as bad. It wasn't for me anyway and I know where your coming from with the headaches. Some older electronica does that to me. Might be the way it was mixed. I dunno.

Would you let me step on your sack if I wore high heels and spoke in falsetto?

Umm not that far femdom like lighter stuff unless I'm watching it happen then I enjoy that heavier stuff

I'm starting to seriously struggle with T ess xi but that theme of disc 1 remains the same.

>density
have you listened to feed1 from elseq? that track would probably kill you

Oh you bet it does. Most of elseq is still a dead zone for me.

How did you like Quaristice? Did it give you the same problem?

Would you let step on my sack if he wore high heels and spoke in a falsetto?

I'm loving the textures and imagery vekoS is forming. I've got the volume up loud and my eyes closed and its like a dream.

Quaristice is great but confusing. It reminds me of some jazz pieces desu. I'm into femdom but I'm not THAT masochistic. Anyway flep is coming up soon so I'm going to need some time.

I'm no longer alive

Holy fuck. speaking of masochism, I just finished flep

That ends the ongoing pattern that disc 1 had. Up are two much more layed back atmospheric pieces, going to keep my eyes shut for a while.

it's ok op, bladelores is coming up

tuinorizn can be pretty nasty though, I'm actually listening to it right now

Tuinorizon is pretty easy for me in comparison to flep.
I'm on that song right now and I'm about to fucking cry

Hang in there baby.

Are you really into femdom or just sexually aggressive women? I see the two frequently conflated.

Update: currently on 1 1 is
Another great ambient peice. Fucking hell I don't even know if I want the album to start back up again.
No I enjoy both. I like it when the girl forces me to do things etc.

My mental state is starting to deteriorate. I'm starting to think I see things the dark room I'm in. You guys have got to experience this yourself.

Nodezsh feels like it's been playing for an hour...

I love this track

one of my favourite tracks from Exai , I love the intense synth chord explosions

It feels like I've been trapped in nodezsh

and I always loved that beat

i played the whole thing in audacity at like 5 in the morning one time. Was a mistake

The albums starting to pick up now at runrepik. I'm guessing shits about to get lit?
I can imagine...

you're gonna need those 4 minutes to mentally prepare for spl fucking 9, good look there m8

That was awesome. Mental imagery really helps on this one.

Currently on cloudline. This has been a crazy ride so far. Atmosphere on this track is legendary. Somethings off about this track.

Whats everyone favorite exai moments?
>that moment after 1:25
I always turn that shit up

youtube.com/watch?v=SmwW5kBfltk

deco Loc is the first track to stump me... What even is this

Nvm I got it

i dont see what the big deal is, a couple weeks ago I was basically playing the album on loop for 5 days or so straight, listened to probably most of the whole album on a car ride too before putting on loop in the background. if you think its a big deal to listen to the whole thing straight you probably havent really got into it yet. i used to listen to autechre albums start to back coming off psys back when i tripped more often.

The part of flep where the little buzzy things start to come in.

Good for you.

Reks on feels like normal music at this point

The big deal is I made sure I would understand the whole thing without listening to the whole thing and isolated myself in a dark room. I wanted to share my experience with everyone as a sort of guide to understanding this album.

honestly that's prob my favorite moment as well.
also
>the chord progressions in 1 1 is
>the "explosions" near the end of FLeure, curiously similar to some stuff I've made in FL studio
>when spl9 decides to redefine madness
>ending of recks on
>the voice sample in deco Loc that sounds like Aaron Funk
>the self-conscious loop of YJY UX

yeah i duno, i used to listen to albums like that in the dark and make it a huge experience but now if the album doesnt click i dont listen to it to try to understand it or whatever. elseq hasnt really clicked yet so ill play the couple songs ive found i like from it on and not bother listening to the rest unless i accidentally leave it on which has happened quite a few times. didnt mean to come off as a pretentious dick, not tryin to be like `i get this album and you dont` but more of `why would you force yourself to listen to the whole thing if you dont like it already?`

I made it to YJY UX. This is such a beautiful album closer.

I didn't really force myself. This is one of those albums you have to do this with to get the full effect. I don't normally do this but I wanted to with this album and I don't regret it whatsoever

inspired me to do the same, OP

I'm with you on the headache part, this shit's ridiculously dense

then again, I've barely listened to autechre overall

just finishing up irlite now

Final update: I take it back, YJY UX is my new favorite track on this album. I just finished it. Good night everyone! It was fun.
Good luck. Don't be afraid to quit and go back to an easier album if you can't understand the crazier tracks.

And I'm not trying to be rude either, I just don't want you to ruin the experience for yourself.

>easier album
such as?
I'm not familiar with their discog as a whole

also, don't sweat it, you're all good, this stuff takes a while to set in

but I think I'm getting the hang of it

>those kicks on jatevee-c
>mfw

Pretty much go in chronological order starting with lp5/ep7

Also I feel like exai should be on the sad part of the chart desu. Unless whoever made the chart was going for enjoyability, that's their opinion.

exai is the best album of 2013

>1:00 irlite
>1:20 flep
>end of tuinorizin
>2:10 bladelores
>4:03 YJY UX
>5:59 in cloudline

exai is top tier autechre. second only to lp5 i think

ps im also into femdom

Minus the 'of 2013' part
That's pretty much mine
I like Confield better than exai desu. Also you got any good femdom pics/Vidya?

confield is my #3

LP5 can sound pretty melancholy.
youtube.com/watch?v=sZ7Mu8YJbSU

That's why it's both in Happy and Sad.
Hi, I'm user. I'm the one who made that image.
Oh by the way, here's an updated version. What do you guys think?

get in here lads