PROD GENERAL

No production general??

youtube.com/watch?v=9qDipQ8zVqo

Personally love Warren's videos he's very helpful!

Post your WIP's on clyp.it!

My most recent work
>clyp.it/5puxabrx

Review others, don't post and expect to get feedback if you don't give any.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/kbq4224m
clyp.it/tu4sgao2
clyp.it/idcuiznp
waves.com/plugins/electric-200-piano?utm_source=wnletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gui&utm_campaign=electric200-release#the-sounds-of-the-electric-200-piano
clyp.it/3um25x2y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>No production general??
It's been like 5 minutes dude, chill.

Hey man just super excited about my most recent work and dying for feedback!

not a bad track, good composition,,,, just work on the mixing and your good,, also maybe add more of that vocal sample during the song

Yeah I think they guitars could be seated a little better in there, just tracked them today! This is more of an intro to another song but I'm really happy with how it's turning out!

clyp.it/kbq4224m

heres a little something i started the other week but havent made much progress. been in a bit of a block

I like where it's going but get a bass-line in there! It's dying to be thumpin

>Korean Audio prof wants me to bring in reference CD of hard rock to test live sound for future show
>gotcha.jpg
>Bring in Goat by Jesus Lizard
>Put on Nub
>"Sound sorta indie production. Can be cool but no technique we learn"
>Steve Albini's face when
What did he mean by this? We've literally covered nyc drum compression. What else should I try?

clyp.it/tu4sgao2
I released this today, but don't want to link SC for breaking rule

>
very nice & very clear mix, not my go to of genre but really enjoying it dude, only thought is that the drums could be a bit thicker? might not work with the genre though... just a though!

wonderful lofi hip hop man - maybe try and incoporate a melody? still dope though

Hard rock? As far as production goes try RATM or Tool. Great production.

Also this clyp.it/idcuiznp

Thanks for the kind words! With making the drums a bit thicker what do you mean? Like snare and toms louder or? Sometimes having that too much will take away from the clarity of the other instruments! I'll do a few tweaks and see if I can make everything pump a little bit more.

What I sometimes like to do is have a 50/50 split of standard produced drums (appropriate compression & eq) & super compressed drums. Sort of like NY compression but 2 channels.

The bus is compressed slightly, but I tend to shy away from it, maybe I'll try some parallel compression. My mind resorts to old school ways lol

Also I like your tracks, very clear and good production!!

i dig the vocal sample and i liked how you incorporated it,,, mix sounds good,,,,, work on the drums, add a bit of variation to them every 8 bars or so,, also add some variation to the vocal sample

In case any body is looking for a Rhodes plug in

waves.com/plugins/electric-200-piano?utm_source=wnletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=gui&utm_campaign=electric200-release#the-sounds-of-the-electric-200-piano

Buddy of mine just picked up a Rhodes student model, super excited to fix it up next month and record with it!

Hey /prod/ers, does the buffer size affect the quality of the signal I'm recording, or only of the playback/monitoring?

clyp.it/3um25x2y

Thoughts on second round of mixing?

The bass guitar seems a little light, sounds good otherwise

Dammit! My cracked copy of Ableton 9.5 is suddenly not authorized anymore. How can I fix this? I'm sad. Reading a few methods, not working. I can't produce an authorize.auz file or find one (if that's what I'm supposed to be using).

Any ideas guys? Idk. Should I just uninstall it all and start w/ again w/ a new crack? Sidenote: If I do have to go that route, do I need uninstall it or should I keep it installed and download a new patcher? Actually, do I just need a new patch file? Sorry I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff. But damn, really bummed and kinda worried about this now. Really need to get it back to working ASAP.

Thanks guys.

deadmau5 producing a hiphop track live on his twitch rn

Try it again, or spend money. Ableton is supposed hard af to crack.

Should just increase the latency of the playback and that's it.

I run a Twitch Stream where people request songs from YouTube and I play along with them on guitar

What drum machine would be good if I wanted to improv in this live setting? I assume it would have to have some kind of tap tempo option

how the fuck do mixtapes like Frank Ocean's Nostalgia Ultra, and Chance's first tape sound so professional?

I can't possibly spend any money right now. And I have a deadline to get some work done so I need Ableton like tonight. Is it supposed to be hard to crack? I've downloaded two versions in the past of piratebay and they both worked perfectly fine. No issues. Until now, this is the first issue I've ever had.

I suppose I can just try and find another to download, but I'd like to avoid that if I can (if I can fix what I already have). I don't care about having the most up to date version. Just 9.5 was fine. Or even anything earlier would be fine too. But yeah, I find it weird that it would for no reason stop being authorized. So I wanna think it should be fixable, but idk.

Anybody know if I download a new version, should I uninstall what I have at the moment? Does it matter?

Uninstall it and try finding a different crack on rutracker.org

It's not hard to find a cracked ableton

Already, I'm gonna do that b/c I can't figure out what's wrong. I'm reading that there should be an authorize.auz file when I run the patch, but it doesn't appear when I run it. Soo I guess I'll start over. You're right, I haven't had any problem downloading it before.

download hydrogen

don't buy a drum machine they are obsolete

any drum tutorials? To make them sound better I mean.

reposting this no edit rough mix of a thing I did the other day
I don't very often get to really produce as in arrange, shape instrumentation and sounds and all that things with bands so that was a lot of fun

buffer size doesn't affect the quality, but the latency of both your in- and output, so if you're monitoring through the DAW then keep it as low as your system can handle
most interfaces come with some way to 'direct monitor' your input signals around your DAW which then corrects the remaining playback latency when overdubbing on top of stuff, so you can keep your monitoring latency-free at any time no matter how high the DSP load

and then there's no link
clyp.it/3wdsawsp