Captain America: Civil War is falling behind projections

>Captain America: Civil War is falling behind projections
>Studio predicted a $200M opening, will struggle to get a $140M opening

Uh oh. Ya dun goofed. Looks like this will be a bigger flop than BvS.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/box-office/captain-america-civil-war-box-office-opening-weekend-1201768267/
deadline.com/2016/05/captain-america-civil-war-opening-weekend-box-office-summer-records-1201750394/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The audiences have finally grown tired of superheroes. What's the next trend?

i guess you need a clear cut villain to make a good capeshit movie work

Zombies

It's actually projecting higher than Iron Man 3, and it made 1.2 billion.

video games

It's behind both Avengers movies right now and won't beat Iron Man 3's opening.

more like capeshit is finally dying.

variety.com/2016/film/box-office/captain-america-civil-war-box-office-opening-weekend-1201768267/
15 hours ago, it's projecting to make 180 million.

>movies with black superheroes under performing again

Is this a trend? If it is I like it.

>$74m opening day
>$180m opening

Nope, read the updated projections m8.

Give them to me then.

Something awful, I'm sure.

Why would Sup Forums ever be right?

“‘Captain America: Civil War’ is off to a solid start and is a movie that so perfectly delivers on the promise of its concept that it should build strongly throughout the weekend as the word gets out that this is a de-facto ‘Avengers’ film,” he said.

“This latest Disney/Marvel extravaganza is a massively entertaining, OMG moment-filled, perfectly crafted superhero confection that will guarantee great social media buzz and create enough repeat viewing to propel the film to what I believe will be one of the top five opening weekends of all-time and off the charts long-term playability around the world.”

this is the newest article i could find, it doesn't look bad?

deadline.com/2016/05/captain-america-civil-war-opening-weekend-box-office-summer-records-1201750394/

>MFW BASED SNYDER CRASHED THIS GENRE WITH NO SURVIVORS

our saviour, our lord.

>Captain America: Civil War is looking at an estimated $74M -$76M opening day, for a $176.4M-$182M opening according to industry estimates tonight.

> To say that Civil War is falling beneath projections is petty, particularly when grosses are this high.

it ain't petty, it's the truth.

And the truth is that it's going to make pretty much the same as Iron Man 3.

so it's gonna beat iron man 3 but not the avengers movies and earn over a billion

what a flop

>watched AoU last night for the first time
>literally just cheap quips for dialogue
>superheros power levels constantly changing
>gigantic plot holes

I really do hope they stop making this crap

>Fifth highest opening in history

Yeah, nah. It's fine.
And it's going to have what BvS DIDN'T have, which is longevity in the theater. It's good. Anyone calling this movie a flop is flat deluded.

No, only DC's train.

they're gonna start having to sell off their heroes to other studios again

BvS wasn't a flop
CW isn't going to flop

Though maybe releasing deadpool BvS Xmen CW and SS all in the same day was a bad miscalculation on the studios part??

Whilst DeadPool was awful I hope it leads to lower budget films that don't mind getting an R rating.
Also fuck China

BvS is a flop earning $900M, apparently.

Movies so shit that every thread made about it is about the box office, zero real discussion about the movie itself.

I just hope DC's death means Marvel will get back Superman's and Batman's rights back.

Captain America: Civil War opens in a bunch of key territories today, including China and North America. But thanks to the magic of different time zones, yesterday was technically Friday in China and thus we now have those first day grosses. And the verdict? Well, according to China Film Insider, the Marvel blockbuster has earned a whopping $30.6 million on its first day, including a $2.6m midnight haul, giving it the fourth-largest opening day ever in China for an American movie.

>Back

What?

This is literally the only thread about the box office.

why do we need to see the movie to discuss it

>All together Disney is set to make $208M-plus off of three tiles in the top 10: Civil War in first, Jungle Book in second with a fourth frame take of $23.6M and Zootopia in fifth place with $3.3M during its 10th go-round. Add all three titles’ total running cumes up by Sunday and that equals over $797M at the domestic B.O.

BvS could have grosses 2 billion and Disney would still win

muh airport scene

What's the point of starting a thread like this with no source?

>it's a Sup Forums pretend they know anything about the box office episode

First person, like this Russian kino. Hardcore whatever.

what the fuck are you on about? it will have have cleared 600 million worldwide by sunday and by the end of the month it will easily be over a billion dollars.

dcucks are truly desperate

tbqf it was interesting to see most pundits get this opening off by a very large margin, most thought it'd be a contender to be second to tfa for us domestic openings

It has to make 7 trillion in the first weekend to just break even you idiot

Superhero bubble is popping
People are getting sick of it

Couldn't be happier

Lets hope videogame shit doesn't even take of.

>use box office mojo

>291 mil, plus 30 mil in china and at minimum 140 mil opening..

It'll make its entire budget back by end of this weekend.

HAHAHA MARVELFAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

DC WINS AGAIN BABY

>movie makes over 300 million before it even opens domesticly.
>IT'S A FAILURE!!!!

God you niggers are stupid.

MASSIVE DAMAGE CONTROL

>Batman v Superman
>$864.4 million

>Civil War
>$316.2 million