What does Re-l Mayer listen to?

paranoid android

at what point does this show get good

ep 15 I guess

Na she listens to Joan Baez

death metal

Ep 1 precisely.

front line assembly

Autechre and idm-glitch music in general for the sci-fi atmosphere.

Dark wave, joy division, the cure, etc

Dont listen to this faggot, the show is ok'ish till about episode 15, then it just spouts meaningless pretentious 2deep5u shit for the rest of the show. If you want a good psychological dark anime watch Serial Experiment Lain, Texhnolyze, Akira, or Ghost in the Shell.

where'd you get these alternate Evanescence - Fallen covers?

Does Sup Forums like death metal?

chelsea wolf - wake me up inside

The first episode pleb

The circus episode

>Calls ergo proxy 2deep5u
>recs SEL

SEL Actually is 2deep5u, you have to sit down and think about what happened. It doesnt ham fist its message or have garbage episodes like the faggot circus in ergo proxy. Ergo proxy is like a dude who is studing a philosophy major in college, SEL is like that random old who has spend his life thinking in solitude and you have to really think to understand him.

I'll give it another try, my man.

whats so bad about EG? i just finished it yesterday and i thought it was good. yea there were some retarded episodes like the circus but i still think overall its a great ride

Its mediocre, its whole message and meaning is so forced it hurts. Like honestly if it didnt try any of its 2deep5u shit after the first half and stayed as an action show it would have been pretty good. The problem is that its too literal and stupid in its philosophy moments, i mean they practically shove 99% of the shows deeper meaning down your throat in the gameshow episode. They either a) didnt have the budget/run time to properly explain what they wanted or b) were so fucking lazy and uncreative they had to slam every explanation in a stupid gameshow episode.

When it comes down to it, a good psychological show shouldnt have to explain itself. It should explain itself subtly in every episode with clues along the way. EG has literally 0 subtly

fair enough, I havent seen SEL yet so i cant say anything about that. I kinda just took ergo proxy as more of an actiony/sci-fi show rather than a 2deep4u psychological show. I would agree with you though anyone thinking the show is incredibly deep or something is wrong, but the settings and characters were pretty well realized.

I guess I never really felt like it was shoving its themes down my throat with a few exceptions obviously.

>wanting anime to be psychological and dark

>Sup Forums

>dark
>Serial Experiment Lain

SEL is fucking terrible
also GITS isn't dark what with it being post-cyberpunk

>not wanting anime to be psychological and dark

Ill say the first half was a pretty good show desu, I just felt the shitty filler episodes and 2deep5me bs at the laterhalf ruined it.

Also SEL is gonna be real boring for the first like 5 episodes, its a slow show. Make sure to pay attention along the way during the show, it gives you hints all throughout the show. Pro tip, 100% pay attention to the old man it seems like gibberish but its really important.

>Serial Experiment Lain
>not dark

>SEL is fucking terrible
Le subjective opinion with no arguments man has arrived.

Also gits is scifi and has heavy psychological themes throughout, all depends on what you subjectively classify as "dark".

key the metal idol deserves to be more well-known outside of niche Sup Forums circles

it's like proto-lain even though it hasn't really influenced lain

Honestly Ive never watched it or even heard of it, Ill check it out though thanks for the rec. Ive been staying away from anime for a while though, it starts becoming like trying to find a needle in a hay stack for a good show after you watch most of the classic.

If your into psychological shows/movies I would suggest "The Enemy", its not an anime but defs worth a watch. Also "The Machinist", both movies are kinda similar and pree gud watches if your into that stuff and havent already seen em. Paprika/perfect blue are sick as well if the 1% chance you havent already seen em.

>Paprika
amazing art and music fucking horrible story dreams become reality is just a retarded