/classical/

I have better taste than you edition

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others.
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces.
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century.
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix.
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings.
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks).
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic.
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XEZXLbfl_QE
youtube.com/watch?v=iwwCWeRjZak
youtube.com/watch?v=HCXATs66jJA
youtube.com/watch?v=wvh4Vho6h5w
youtube.com/watch?v=fuExeLln2lE
musescore.com/user/10418341/scores/2956726
youtube.com/watch?v=Me3ePWdk3nE
youtube.com/watch?v=7aUL7GuUFfg
youtube.com/watch?v=02n-QTy3vb4
youtube.com/watch?v=zpKULQ-ed7A
youtube.com/watch?v=NoeWWMukkXs
youtube.com/watch?v=04ueRPrTb7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=oMdCTYF4ifQ
youtu.be/e3aXpQ09JMQ
youtu.be/YjzAi9f9PM0
youtube.com/watch?v=JjwBLGjEiFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thoughts on Philip Glass?

>Mozart was perhaps the most ambitious composer in the history of music. He produced at least one, and generally several imposing masterpieces in almost every genre of music— concerto, song, opera (serious and comic, German and Italian), string trio, string quartet, string quintet, quintet for piano and winds, trio and quartet for piano and strings, quintet for wind instrument and strings, divertimento for wind octet, double concerto for violin and viola, symphony,piano sonata, violin sonata. Although he left no completed major work of religious music, his two fragments—the C Minor Mass and the requiem— are monumental even in their unfinished state.in comparison, Haydn’s major successes were largely restricted to the two genres of symphony and string quartet; only when he was much older than Mozart ever became did he create his most impressive piano sonatas, piano trios, and the important vocal works with the late masses and the two oratorios. And only after Mozart’s Prague symphony had surpassed in size and weight any of Haydn’s orchestral works, setting an example, did he expand his symphonic style.
>Mozart enlarged the forms of his time by combining genres. The finale of his Piano Sonata in B-flat, K. 333, is a large concerto movement, with imitations ofthe contrast of orchestra and soloist, and a huge cadenza like an improvisation. He introduced operatic effects in his chamber music, and symphonic and concerto passages into his opera arias. His concertos have moments of intimate and complex chamber music. The finale of the Jupiter symphony has an unprecedented display of learned counterpoint, simultaneously combining six themes. He magnified almost every genre in which he worked.
Mozart is underrated.

shit

Reincken
youtube.com/watch?v=XEZXLbfl_QE

Also Bach was a fan of him

youtube.com/watch?v=iwwCWeRjZak

>Mozart is underrated

Patently false. Stop memeing this horseshit.

thoughts on ravel?

>Patently false.
Mozart constantly goes over the heads of plebs, just look at the last thread.

God

>Koopman
>Buxtehude
I am approving of this

his fugues are pretty weak though

Is that Dungeon Synth?

Good

Saving this rare Ravel

>his fugues are pretty weak though
"no"
youtube.com/watch?v=HCXATs66jJA

>""
exactly. you agree with me. your piece proves it.

What does /classical/ think of the tone clock system?
youtube.com/watch?v=wvh4Vho6h5w

Compare Mozart's best fugue to Bach's worst (if such a thing can even exist). Mozart is still outclassed.

>your piece proves it.
How?

>Bach worst fugue

youtube.com/watch?v=fuExeLln2lE

bach was a fat loser

so you both have something in common then

That image really makes me think

>Chinese students

You mean memorization for cheating and general lack of creativity?

hahahaha dude americans are dumb lol :)

vomit inducing close harmonies, poor voice independence. Just generally sounds unpleasant.
The recording you chose is of very poor quality too, just as a side note.

Who's the go to classical guitar composer? Looking to learn some classical guitar pieces

>shitting on feinberg
Literally and unironically participate in the action of suicide

Villa-Lobos

well in terms of sound quality, he's right. that recording sounds like dokey.

Rodrigo, Tarrega

his playing is sloppy and his dynamics are schizophrenic. I wouldn't mind the shitty quality if he was playing well.
>Literally unironically
these are the words of some internet autist with shitty taste in pianists

Agustin Barrios

his sense of dynamics is actually great. i wouldn't really say that it's schizophrenic as much as it is idiomatic in its emphasis/de-emphasis from bar-to-bar. it's far removed from the hopelessly sterile and flat dynamics of many pianists today.

the real snitch, though, is Feinberg's sense of rhythm, i think. it's positively dance-like. it's a common feature in many of his recordings.

there are a few mistakes, sure, but that's to be expected from older recordings, many of which were basically live and/or had extremely limited re-takes.

>people still believe that Mozart's fugues were derivative of Bach, when in fact Mozart likely abandoned countless attempts because they didn't seem original enough
While this fugue is easily on par with the WTC's fugues in terms of motivic economy and exploitation of "learned" contrapuntal techniques, its harmonic and rhythmic idiom is completely unlike that of JS Bach: The accented diatonic dissonances that decorate the countersubject (which is a decorated version of the main subject), which are exaggerated into abrupt chromaticism in bar 9, halving the basic pulse and phrase structure - a sudden contrast that is has no equal in Bach's WTC fugues (only Contrapunctus 11 comes to mind). Throughout augmentation and diminution are used to modulate pulse and phrase structure first and foremost, i.e. using an old device to introduce the flexibility of the classical style into the genre of the fugue.

I wish Mozart had lived long enough to enter the romantic period.

>While this fugue is easily on par with the WTC's fugues in terms of motivic economy and exploitation of "learned" contrapuntal techniques, its harmonic and rhythmic idiom is completely unlike that of JS Bach: The accented diatonic dissonances that decorate the countersubject (which is a decorated version of the main subject), which are exaggerated into abrupt chromaticism in bar 9, halving the basic pulse and phrase structure - a sudden contrast that is has no equal in Bach's WTC fugues (only Contrapunctus 11 comes to mind). Throughout augmentation and diminution are used to modulate pulse and phrase structure first and foremost, i.e. using an old device to introduce the flexibility of the classical style into the genre of the fugue.
none of this is true mozart is gay and he sucks lol

that'd be like kurt kobain living through the 2000's it wouldn't be the same and it wouldn't work.

Mozart was more talented than Kurt though.

>mozart haters need to use memerock similes

>The recording you chose is of very poor quality too
Opinion discarded. Feinberg is based.

What do you guys think of this thing i wrote?

musescore.com/user/10418341/scores/2956726

I know it's a bit bad and convoluted, Im working on it. Also for some reason it won't export playing at the correct BPM, so it's going to be a bit fast.

No way. Mozart could've easily kept producing for another 30 years. I wonder what it could've been like if he was alive during that time.

harpsichord wank with terrible, downright offensive sheet music

Who here /Yurima/?

I like it
Weird how fake harpsichord is easier on the ear than real harpsichord

The sheet music sucks complete ass lol. I just wrote it on the piano scroll in an hour or two and brought it over to the program.

I love Liszt!

youtube.com/watch?v=Me3ePWdk3nE

get out some manuscript paper and write your music onto that. helps train your inner ear to audiate whats in your head

Is Yiruma meme-tier? I only heard of him because he was on the Twilight soundtrack.

>I only heard of him because he was on the Twilight soundtrack.

I don't know what is sadder, the fact that he did some work for Twilight and I didn't know, or that's the only way you know this man.

I want someone to orchestrate Via Crucis. Such a great composition but I can't help but feel it would be better with a orchestra behind it, rather than a piano or organ

the recording quality is awful. nothing to do with the pianist. Piano was never supposed to sound like that.

I never compared Mozart to Bach friend. Just said that Mozarts fugues aren't that good. Even Froberger wrote better fugues.

>the recording quality is awful. nothing to do with the pianist.
You need to practice selective listening.
And I'm sure the user who copy-pasted SDF did it to show of how unique the fugue is, it's a great fugue.

ye, it sounds like shit

thought to its credit it actually isn't nearly as bad as some other Russian recordings made around that period

jesus fucking christ, Yudina's live Bach. dear god

Another notable Mozart fugue is the one in the final of the Jupiter symphony, notable at least for its novelty.

only for its novelty*

Listen to Schubert
Do it.

>listening to shit quality recordings
>listening to recordings at all
go see things live more often. Its the correct way to experience classical.
If you have to listen to a recording. make it a good quality one. Or you could use your "Selective Listening" to listen to computer generated performances with casio synth and loud shouting in the background. By all means, knock yourself out.

Mozart is all novelty really. Very little serious music.

Hi Poly

>serious music

*tips fedora*

>go see things live more often
I do when the chance comes around. Spoiler alert: your local orchestra doesn't play everything you'd want to hear.
>If you have to listen to a recording. make it a good quality one.
Why? That Feinberg has a wonderful performance, and tons of old less-than-great sounding recordings have some fantastic performances under the static.
>Mozart is all novelty really
This is what plebeians actually believe.

mozart is poopy poopy doo doo hahahaha

Time to post old-meme recordings of Mozart to upset poly and other plebs.
youtube.com/watch?v=7aUL7GuUFfg
youtube.com/watch?v=02n-QTy3vb4
youtube.com/watch?v=zpKULQ-ed7A
youtube.com/watch?v=NoeWWMukkXs
youtube.com/watch?v=04ueRPrTb7Y

mozart is the black eyed peas of classical music

perfect timing! I'm about to go to bed so these should help a bunch, thanks

>Mozart is black
ftfy

MOZART SUX HE WROTE ABOUT POOP LOL HE WAS GAY TOO

don't forget that he wanted to fuck his sister

>listening to recordings
>not silently reading through the score

Its like you want to ruin his music

>not turning the sheet music into a fine paste and injecting it in your bloodstream.

>silently reading through the score
yeah, that's probably the only way that his music can be enjoyed

>not eating it, pooping it out, and then eating the poop
Come on man it's like you don't even want to be one with Mozart

wtf i love mozart now

guys have i told u mozart sux yet

>not just having a Mozart tulpa
user, please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Oh god, is that that thing where you forcibly give yourself multiple-personality-disorder via self-inflicted mindbreak?

What's some music to listen to while working up the courage to take your own life?

>dude, farts! lmao

Bach partitas and sonatas for solo violin.

Rip in peace user

Schütz - Musikalische Exequien (Funeral Music)

youtube.com/watch?v=oMdCTYF4ifQ

youtu.be/e3aXpQ09JMQ

>DUDE ECONOMY OF MATERIAL LMAO
>DUDE UNDERRATED LMAO
>DUDE CONCERTOS LMAO
>DUDE EFFEMINATE FAGGOT LMAO
>DUDE BOIPUSSY LMAO
>DUDE DADDY ISSUES LMAO

I'd still would tho tbhfam

youtu.be/YjzAi9f9PM0

>how do make sad?
>play batch chacon
>how do make kill self??
>play batch chacon twice xDdxDD

I find the partitas and sonatas are full of hope and beauty.

youtube.com/watch?v=JjwBLGjEiFY

>Mozart's last piece of music is one of the most celebrated pieces of music ever
>nah, he was totally going to suck

I've played piano since I was 4, I'm 18 now and I don't know it I should treat it as a hobby.
At the moment I'm good enough to enroll in the best piano course in the best conservatory of my country.

Would that be enough? My greatest fear is to have to resort to retail jobs in my 40s.

Are currently piano lessons, compositions and gigs enough to eat on a daily basis?

Reminder that Mozart's best work was composed only when he was dying

>its largely unfinished
dropped

Franz Xaver Süssmayr is underrated.

In contemporary music you have a ton artists who had a few good albums and then went to shit. It is basically unheard of somebody making good stuff for 20 years, or even a decade.

Are there any examples of the same thing happening to classical composers? If not, why not?

Lads, how do I get into Mozart without becoming one of the "Mozart for your mind" cunts? I listen to a lot of Bach, Haydn, Zelenka etc. I just want some good Mozart that isn't a meme.

All mozart is a meme

Play piano.
You will quickly notice that you're mistaking harmonic and melodic perfection with bland formalism.

How can perfection be perfect and still be mistaken with bland formalism?

checkmate atheists

Because when you listen to it it sounds so ''obvious'', but as soon as you actually care about the notes that are being played you'll notice that there is nothing obvious and easy in Mozart's music.

It's just that good.

So it's only good when you look at the score from a technical standpoint i. e. the definition of bland formalism

Bland formalism means that Mozart composed using formulae and strict conventions.
He didn't. Literally no one composed like Mozart.

It was a completely original effort that became synonim with catchiness and beauty.

Lokking at the scores will make it obvious. If you're against that just listen to what Mozart was playing and what his contemporariesand predecessors were playing.
You will quickly find out that there is nothing like Mozart.

Mozart is a bad composer who died too late rather than too early

Not an argument.

Can anyone recommend some good organ music?